Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5+

Quote Originally Posted by swamyg1 View Post
    I'm also wondering if there is any way to get a listing page with all products and quantity on one single page, regardless of whether they have attributes. Right now you have to go back and forth when looking at products with and without attributes... there is no central location for updating stock... unless I am mistaken. Am I?
    I made a while ago an addition

Amendments from 4.7 to 4.7ajax
    added ajax functionality

* search filter: "%ma" filters all produchts with "ma" in products-name or in products-model; the search value will be stored in a cookie
    * a click at the "quantity in stock" value adds an input-field & you can enter the new value; the store button saves all changed values
    * added files in /ajax folder
    * changed products_with_attributes_stock.php
    * added products_with_attributes_stock_ajax.php

you can see it in action at :: http://demo.zen-cart.at/index.php?main_page=page&id=26

download the test version at :: http://demo.zen-cart.at/images/produ...k_4.7.ajax.zip

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hugo13 View Post

added ajax functionality

* search filter: "%ma" filters all produchts with "ma" in products-name or in products-model; the search value will be stored in a cookie
    * a click at the "quantity in stock" value adds an input-field & you can enter the new value; the store button saves all changed values

you can see it in action at :: http://demo.zen-cart.at/index.php?main_page=page&id=26

download the test version at :: http://demo.zen-cart.at/images/produ...k_4.7.ajax.zip
    WOW you are a lifesaver! This makes everything a breeze... thanks so much for sharing this!!!

Plugin Contributions

I do need help with one last thing. I know it's been addressed several times but I cannot find the solution. I would like to show either:

1. on the product info page "out of stock" next to each attribute in the dropdown.

OR

2. Not allowing customer to add item to cart if no quantity for selected attribute. We could give them a message before they reach the cart.

Say I have 5 attributes for my product but 4 are out of stock... does a customer have to go back and forth adding each attribute until they find the one in stock? Sounds like a big guessing game.

Is there a solution for this? I can't seem to find it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

I have just downloaded this mod (not yet installed) and I just wanted to check something

I am using the super orders mod

I see that the attribute stock mod changes the following files
    admin/orders.php
    includes/classes/order.php

I dont think I am using these files anymore because of super orders

Does anyone know if this mod is compatible with super orders and if so what I would need to change from the default install instructions?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cjeb456 View Post
    Does anyone know if this mod is compatible with super orders and if so what I would need to change from the default install instructions?
    Probably not out of the box. I'm not a Super Orders expert so I don't know if there's anything in there that uses stock in a way that's fundamentally incompatible with Stock by Attributes. If not you would need to identify the changes that each mod has made and merge them together to create a composite mod that includes the functionality for both.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swamyg1 View Post
    I do need help with one last thing. I know it's been addressed several times but I cannot find the solution. I would like to show either:

1. on the product info page "out of stock" next to each attribute in the dropdown.

OR

2. Not allowing customer to add item to cart if no quantity for selected attribute. We could give them a message before they reach the cart.

Say I have 5 attributes for my product but 4 are out of stock... does a customer have to go back and forth adding each attribute until they find the one in stock? Sounds like a big guessing game.

Is there a solution for this? I can't seem to find it.
    Same question, I've been looking for a solution to this very same problem for a very long time.

Does anyone know a way of modifying the code in the php files so that attributes with stock level=0 are automatically hidden or even deleted?

It's a mammoth task to manually disable/delete attributes every time a particular size for a particular item goes out of stock. Similarly, it's a total sale killer if a customer has to click back and forth just to see what's in stock!

Has anyone figured out which part of the code could be manipulated to achieve automation?

There is a setting in the admin>configuration>dynamic drop downs called "Show Out of Stock Attributes". I have tried setting this to False and I have tried setting it to True. Neither option has any effect on out of stock attributes so what is this setting even for?

HELP :-)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    Same question, I've been looking for a solution to this very same problem for a very long time.

Does anyone know a way of modifying the code in the php files so that attributes with stock level=0 are automatically hidden or even deleted?

It's a mammoth task to manually disable/delete attributes every time a particular size for a particular item goes out of stock. Similarly, it's a total sale killer if a customer has to click back and forth just to see what's in stock!

Has anyone figured out which part of the code could be manipulated to achieve automation?

There is a setting in the admin>configuration>dynamic drop downs called "Show Out of Stock Attributes". I have tried setting this to False and I have tried setting it to True. Neither option has any effect on out of stock attributes so what is this setting even for?

HELP :-)
    I worked on this for a while and found this solution using the Dynamic drop down mod.

I'm using it here in my store.

But I'm having a major problem, my customers are finding it very confusing by not displaying them all options up front. This mod only displays options for quantites that are in stock. Some of my customers don't even see the "first select" "then select" options so they don't know what to do.

I'm thinking of killing this mod and just having customers go to the cart, so it's a total crapshoot as to what might be in stock. NOT IDEAL.

I would really like this mod to work, but not at the expense of the user experience. Has anybody come up with another solution or can anybody suggest what we should do to fix this?

Plugin Contributions

I'm also using the dynamic drop down mod... however it does not seem to work at all.

As I said, there is a setting in the admin>configuration>dynamic drop downs called "Show Out of Stock Attributes". I have tried setting this to False and I have tried setting it to True. Neither option has any effect on out of stock attributes so what is this setting even for?

Can you tell me what your problem with this mod is? I've browsed your site and can't see any out of stock product attributes... isn't it working perfectly for you?

Did you manage to find a way for an attribute with qty=0 to disable automatically?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    I'm also using the dynamic drop down mod... however it does not seem to work at all.

As I said, there is a setting in the admin>configuration>dynamic drop downs called "Show Out of Stock Attributes". I have tried setting this to False and I have tried setting it to True. Neither option has any effect on out of stock attributes so what is this setting even for?

Can you tell me what your problem with this mod is? I've browsed your site and can't see any out of stock product attributes... isn't it working perfectly for you?

Did you manage to find a way for an attribute with qty=0 to disable automatically?
    Well, I think you have it configured correctly. At least this is how I have it configured:

Product Info Single Attribute Display Plugin > Multiple Dropdowns
    Product Info Multiple Attribute Display Plugin > sequenced_dropdowns
    Show Out of Stock Attributes > True
    Mark Out of Stock Attributes > None
    Display Out of Stock Message Line > True
    Prevent Adding Out of Stock to Cart > True

I'm using the Ajax Stock attributes mod, I have 3 attributes which are not reflecting my stock... it just shows the stock unavailable by not displaying the option. That's my problem, I'm still trying to figure it out. I've tried deleting the attributes and readding them, that doesn't seem to work. I suppose the user experience is fine, I really have no other choice at the moment.

I don't think the dynamic dropdown mod is very complete. It seems to work, but it might have bugs with no support. I might be experiencing one of those bugs, I can send you the files I'm using if you PM me your email addy.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hugo13 View Post

added ajax functionality

I actually ran into a problem with this... when clicking the dynamic field to enter the quantity, it's not saving to my database. When "editing quantity" the standard way, the value gets saved.

Any idea why this would be happening?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast