Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

The problem didnt go away...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frumious View Post
    SBA Version 1.5.4 for Zen Cart Version 1.5.7d

I have installed fresh installation of Zen Cart Version 1.5.7d
    Installed SBA version 1.5.4 from Stock_By_Attributes_Combined-master. Upgraded SBA to 1.5.7.

Everything workss fine but SBA scripts are producing hundreds of error files. Te errors are always the same and refer to undefined constants

The error files all contain warnings as follows:
    Code:
    [22-Aug-2022 22:53:05 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=245, IP address: 54.36.148.174
    #1 products_with_attributes_stock->updateNotifyAttributesModuleStartOptionsLoop() called at [/includes/classes/class.base.php:118]
    #2 base->notify() called at [/includes/modules/attributes.php:152]
    #3 require(/includes/modules/attributes.php) called at [/includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php:50]
    #4 require(/includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php) called at [/includes/templates/default_template/common/tpl_main_page.php:171]
    #5 require(/includes/templates/default_template/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/index.php:94]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_DYNAMIC_STATUS - assumed 'PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_DYNAMIC_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /includes/classes/observers/class.products_with_attributes_stock.php on line 679.

or

[22-Aug-2022 22:19:49 UTC] Request URI: /admin/index.php?cmd=products_with_attributes_stock, IP address: 146.70.133.120
    #1 products_with_attributes_stock->displayFilteredRows() called at [/admin/products_with_attributes_stock.php:1506]
    #2 require(/kazadmin/products_with_attributes_stock.php) called at [/admin/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant STOCK_SET_SBA_NUMRECORDS - assumed 'STOCK_SET_SBA_NUMRECORDS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /admin/includes/classes/products_with_attributes_stock.php on line 349.
    More often than not the error files contain repetitions of the two warnings above. occasionally the error message may refer to a different undefined constant, but more often thn not it's refering to these two, STOCK_SET_SBA_NUMRECORDS and PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_DYNAMIC_STATUS.

It's just a warning message and i wouldnt normally be overly concerned but its producing hundreds of log files full of the warnings every day and its a tad tedius dealing with them all of the time...

Any ideas why this is happening or how i might fix it please?

frumious
    Looks like either haven't fully installed the plugin or after installation have chosen to remove the dynamic dropdown option. It appears whether somewhat on purpose or through random design those two constants were placed in the configuration menu to help identify the source of a problem based on the error messages.

If that menu is too be absolutely not included but the constants used, then recommend reviewing the installation script portion for dynamic dropdowns and to insert just the needed constants.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I am using 1.5.7d
    westminster_new
    Installed: SBA Github Combined w/ 1.5.7 https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined

Install appeared to go well as the site is in place and the menus as described are displaying. I have added a quantity update via Catalog>Products with Attributes (aka SBA). I clicked on the Add Quantity variant for Product Variant, then selected the option value as listed (attributes names and values are installed), then entered the unique Description, Custom ID and Quantity, the Submit. I received a message at the top reading: "Product successfully updated". It then displays the Stock ID, Unique Combo, etc... I clicked save It then reverts back to the screen as if nothing was entered. I then attempted to export the data via the export option on the SBA menu, but when opening the file, there is only the headers. I checked EP4 and exported the file and there is no data there either.

I checked the logs and I received the following error......

PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class products_with_attributes_stock, because the name is already in use in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/includes/classes/products_with_attributes_stock.php on line 0.

Not sure if they are related, but I assume so and I have no idea how to resolve. The plugin is perfect for what I need and it appears strait forward, but there is obviously something I have missed. Any help will be greatly appreciated as this is something I really need to work.

Thank you and I hope to hear back.

Plugin Contributions

BTW, the site name is pfcfurnitureindustries.com It is a test site

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chuckrey View Post
    I am using 1.5.7d
    westminster_new
    Installed: SBA Github Combined w/ 1.5.7 https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined

Install appeared to go well as the site is in place and the menus as described are displaying. I have added a quantity update via Catalog>Products with Attributes (aka SBA). I clicked on the Add Quantity variant for Product Variant, then selected the option value as listed (attributes names and values are installed), then entered the unique Description, Custom ID and Quantity, the Submit. I received a message at the top reading: "Product successfully updated". It then displays the Stock ID, Unique Combo, etc... I clicked save It then reverts back to the screen as if nothing was entered. I then attempted to export the data via the export option on the SBA menu, but when opening the file, there is only the headers. I checked EP4 and exported the file and there is no data there either.

I checked the logs and I received the following error......

PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class products_with_attributes_stock, because the name is already in use in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/includes/classes/products_with_attributes_stock.php on line 0.

Not sure if they are related, but I assume so and I have no idea how to resolve. The plugin is perfect for what I need and it appears strait forward, but there is obviously something I have missed. Any help will be greatly appreciated as this is something I really need to work.

Thank you and I hope to hear back.
    While I might be able to track down some things based on the above provided info, it would be that much more helpful to get a little more data if possible.

When selecting the attribute dropdown adjacent to each attribute, how did it read?
    Could you describe your intended conditions for the stock quantities you're trying to achieve? For example, some strive to identify a single variant of attributes to represent their stock such as a quantity of shirts that are a given size and color as compared to having a quantity of object one, a quantity of object two and a quantity of object three where each object is optionally available with the main product.
    Third question, the error message in the logs is expected to contain more information leading to that final error, could you please provide all of that information and continue to obscure what looks like to have been the admin directory?

For report back on your observations, depending on how the product was attempted to be generated the export from within this module may not be expected to provide the desired results. To that, EP4 would provide that information, if the information was still on the database.

It does look like and for some reason I recall that there was a condition or situation that has resulted in the behavior described, but at the moment I can't recall what that was and I thought that problem had been addressed.

It also would be suggested to attempt to repeat the sequence and after each operation to take a look at which causes the logged issue. Yes, I can assume that providing all of the log information would likely also identify when, but doesn't hurt to do double duty in the event it doesn't.

Another question, are you aware of an older version of SBA has ever been installed to what is now your current/updated database?
    When on the SBA screen to view the stock, then at the bottom of the screen, is there a table break with information about other existing variants?
    Does your database/store support more than one language?

Lastly, in the back of my mind I have a question about the file installation where the concern is if only the files intended for the admin are in the admin and only the files for the catalog are in the catalog. I believe that addressing the above will help identify if there might be a mix up, but one step at a time. :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    While I might be able to track down some things based on the above provided info, it would be that much more helpful to get a little more data if possible.

When selecting the attribute dropdown adjacent to each attribute, how did it read? I am sorry, I am not sure where you are referring to here. Do you mean attributes Controller or are you referring to the SBA w/ attributes page? I am attaching a screenshot of it, just in case.Name:  1770.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  38.5 KB
    Could you describe your intended conditions for the stock quantities you're trying to achieve? For example, some strive to identify a single variant of attributes to represent their stock such as a quantity of shirts that are a given size and color as compared to having a quantity of object one, a quantity of object two and a quantity of object three where each object is optionally available with the main product. I am using quantity to identify the inventory count of each product of each attribute. For example.. A Sofa is part of a sofa and loveseat group. If we have 9 sofas in the warehouse, I will indicate 9 as the count.

Third question, the error message in the logs is expected to contain more information leading to that final error, could you please provide all of that information and continue to obscure what looks like to have been the admin directory?
    Strangely enough, that was the entire error message......
    [20-Sep-2022 18:31:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class products_with_attributes_stock, because the name is already in use in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/includes/classes/products_with_attributes_stock.php on line 0"

For report back on your observations, depending on how the product was attempted to be generated the export from within this module may not be expected to provide the desired results. To that, EP4 would provide that information, if the information was still on the database.

It does look like and for some reason I recall that there was a condition or situation that has resulted in the behavior described, but at the moment I can't recall what that was and I thought that problem had been addressed.

It also would be suggested to attempt to repeat the sequence and after each operation to take a look at which causes the logged issue. Yes, I can assume that providing all of the log information would likely also identify when, but doesn't hurt to do double duty in the event it doesn't. I tried the same steps and it did not return an error this time. I would like to add that I did click the option under the "SBA Select Basic Drop Downs" and selected the "Convert ALL SBA Dropdowns...", but I did this before repeating the previous attempted actions and had the same results.

Another question, are you aware of an older version of SBA has ever been installed to what is now your current/updated database?
    When on the SBA screen to view the stock, then at the bottom of the screen, is there a table break with information about other existing variants? I do not have any mention of another variant at the page break. I do see a link for each item that reads "delete all variants" under the Add Quantity for product variant field
    Does your database/store support more than one language? Yes, it does store 2 languages... English and Spanish

Lastly, in the back of my mind I have a question about the file installation where the concern is if only the files intended for the admin are in the admin and only the files for the catalog are in the catalog. I believe that addressing the above will help identify if there might be a mix up, but one step at a time. :)
    Yes, I suppose that is a possibility, I may try another fresh test site and give it another try if necessary.

Plugin Contributions

For sanity, because the added content was inserted within existing quoted text (and therefore will not be included in a word reply) and I'm forgoing a bunch of copy and paste, perchance was the failed attempt made with either of the two items at the bottom of the screen capture?

The selection of dropdowns to which I was referring are at the screen that appears when choosing add quantity for product variant.

It sounds like you are wanting to assign a quantity to each individual attribute instead of a combination of attributes. For example you aren't selling a total of 9 sofa lovesear bundles, but instead x loveseats and up to 9 sofas.

As to the convert all SBA dropdowns, that removes the option name selection of the added SBA dropdown selection from all portion names that have been set to use that feature. It is a quick and dirty way to convert those to a plain dropdown configuration.

Also, please forgive me, but I cant tell from the provided information about the lack of the reproduction of the error message if there was any positive progress. Info is always helpful, no matter how painful it may seem to try to explain. :)
    Last edited by mc12345678; 21 Sep 2022 at 03:21 AM.

Plugin Contributions

For sanity, because the added content was inserted within existing quoted text (and therefore will not be included in a word reply) and I'm forgoing a bunch of copy and paste, perchance was the failed attempt made with either of the two items at the bottom of the screen capture?

The selection of dropdowns to which I was referring are at the screen that appears when choosing add quantity for product variant.

It sounds like you are wanting to assign a quantity to each individual attribute instead of a combination of attributes. For example you aren't selling a total of 9 sofa lovesear bundles, but instead x loveseats and up to 9 sofas.

As to the convert all SBA dropdowns, that removes the option name selection of the added SBA dropdown selection from all portion names that have been set to use that feature. It is a quick and dirty way to convert those to a plain dropdown configuration.

Also, please forgive me, but I cant tell from the provided information about the lack of the reproduction of the error message if there was any positive progress. Info is always helpful, no matter how painful it may seem to try to explain. :)
    No, the two items at the bottom of the screen were not the items that failed.
    Yes, you are correct in your understanding of how I will need to use the quantities for inventory.
    I did not see any progress with the repeated steps taken. I was trying to reproduce an error log to see when it would trigger, but I was unable to trigger the error again, but no, I did not see progress.

Today, I will attempt to reinstall the plugin to another test site of 1.5.7d and lt you know if I have any success.

Thank you for your patience and time. How can I buy you a cup of coffee or drink?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chuckrey View Post
    No, the two items at the bottom of the screen were not the items that failed.
    Yes, you are correct in your understanding of how I will need to use the quantities for inventory.
    I did not see any progress with the repeated steps taken. I was trying to reproduce an error log to see when it would trigger, but I was unable to trigger the error again, but no, I did not see progress.

Today, I will attempt to reinstall the plugin to another test site of 1.5.7d and lt you know if I have any success.

Thank you for your patience and time. How can I buy you a cup of coffee or drink?
    Follow my signature link. I should make it easier, but... ;) while I'm not directly associated with the Zen Cart project, I'm sure those who support it more directly as an alternative would appreciate the support instead. The choice is always in those of the community.

Plugin Contributions

Follow my signature link. I should make it easier, but... ;) while I'm not directly associated with the Zen Cart project, I'm sure those who support it more directly as an alternative would appreciate the support instead. The choice is always in those of the community.
    Just sent.
    Thanks again, and I will update my progress on the fresh install.