zc 155e
    Installed SBA 1.5.4 (github)
    Weird problem surfaced
    Three Attributes for (Product A)
    1) style: radio button list
    2) color: drop down
    3) size: drop down

ISSUES

a)Using these attributes the first style attribute appears as a drop down not a radio button list?
    b) If an additional attribute is added ( 4 attributes now) such as a text input the 1st style radio button list appears correct?

Configuration:
    Dynamic drop downs
    The first three options:

1) 2
    2) sequenced drop downs
    3) SBA sequenced Drop downs

Thanx
    any help would be appreciated
    Took me a minute to fully understand and to remember why this result was seen.

OK, so I could try to explain any number of ways, but this is how I am trying first. Ask questions if it is not understood. For multiple attribute type product, dynamic dropdowns is used where/when it has been written to support the attributes of the product. The attribute types (identified in option names manager) are those that are like dropdowns where there a selection "must" be made. These include dropdowns, the SBA Simple Select (dropdowns) and as observed radio buttons.

Support and usage of Dynamic Dropdowns is to display the data in a dropdown format. Therefore, when a combination of radio and dropdown options are used, they are all displayed as dropdowns.

Introducing a non-supported option name type (text box, check box, file, etc) negates the use of dynamic dropdowns and the default Zen Cart oper######## is displayed. While the added benefit of identifying stock availability on the product page is lost, there is still a check upon add-to-cart done against the stock and applicable customer notification is made.

It is because of this that the radio buttons reappear when adding say a text box.

The overall fix is to incorporate a more dynamic user interface on the product page.

As far as my "confusion" about the provided settings is that the modification of the dynamic dropdown setting for single attributes away from multiple_dropdowns is not expected in the code as provided. Besides, the setting of 2 means that it doesn't affect anything. To obtain the maximum functionality of SBA for even product that have just one attribute (option name), the option name type should be set to the added SBA simple select (dropdown).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.5.0-1.5.6

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Is there a reason the "default" option (select Size) Isn't set as display only, default, and have a sort order of 0?

I'm guessing that the product is priced by attribute, that the product's price is 0 and that each of the attributes have a price applied to them, though if that were the case, then I would expect something other than 0 to be displayed in the second value field, So perhaps a price factor is being used and there is a base price applied to the product? That type of information would help to address/narrow down how to try to make the value(s) properly display if at all possible without JavaScript type code.
    The option Select Size is set as default and read only. I just changed it to sort order 0. It has no price and I just removed the + sign from all its fields. Now it no longer displays the (+$0.000) (I should have thought about that! )

You're correct, the product is priced by attributes. Each of the options except for the default Select Size has a price. Only the Full Size can be discounted. Sample size cannot be discounted. Full size is marked as the based price for the product.

Does this help?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    The option Select Size is set as default and read only. I just changed it to sort order 0. It has no price and I just removed the + sign from all its fields. Now it no longer displays the (+$0.000) (I should have thought about that! )

You're correct, the product is priced by attributes. Each of the options except for the default Select Size has a price. Only the Full Size can be discounted. Sample size cannot be discounted. Full size is marked as the based price for the product.

Does this help?
    Yes and no. I need to look to see if the current GitHub fileset has the attribute price in the associated query or in trying to merge the correction along with still having some of the changes to support ZC 1.5.7 in the mix if that was an aspect missed. If those check out, then it would seem that perhaps something didn't get copied over/retyped correctly which probably wouldn't have been caught unless strict php was being used.

Plugin Contributions

Yes and no. I need to look to see if the current GitHub fileset has the attribute price in the associated query or in trying to merge the correction along with still having some of the changes to support ZC 1.5.7 in the mix if that was an aspect missed. If those check out, then it would seem that perhaps something didn't get copied over/retyped correctly which probably wouldn't have been caught unless strict php was being used.
    Ughh. Mix of both, but definitely my fault.

On line 439 of: includes/classes/observers/class.products_with_attributes_stock.php
    Change:
    Code:
    $products_options_fields['options_values_price']
    To:
    Code:
    $products_options->fields['options_values_price']
    By changing the one underscore (_) to a dash greater than (->)

Plugin Contributions

Not to pile up, but I just noticed a (((possible))) issue when multiple attributes options are used in one single product. This is the product in question https://www.byvalenti.com/index.php?...products_id=32

This particular product had a "starting at" price that came from the calculation of all the options base price. That calculation is no longer happening so it results in a starting at $0 price.

Plugin Contributions

Ughh. Mix of both, but definitely my fault.

On line 439 of: includes/classes/observers/class.products_with_attributes_stock.php
    Change:
    Code:
    $products_options_fields['options_values_price']
    To:
    Code:
    $products_options->fields['options_values_price']
    By changing the one underscore (_) to a dash greater than (->)
    There are 2 instances in that file where that code appears, shouldn't it be changed on both? Just asking out of curiosity and so I can learn
    Never mind! I answered myself

It works!!!
    Last edited by mvstudio; 4 Dec 2019 at 10:14 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Not to pile up, but I just noticed a (((possible))) issue when multiple attributes options are used in one single product. This is the product in question https://www.byvalenti.com/index.php?...products_id=32

This particular product had a "starting at" price that came from the calculation of all the options base price. That calculation is no longer happening so it results in a starting at $0 price.
    Would suggest reviewing/providing the attribute configurations for the option names. Seems that there is something identifying that when no selections are made that the price is 0. Might suggest confirming that a non-zero price is determined when Dynamic Price Updater is disabled. I have a feeling that other "initial" attributes are not set to the three part combination of default, display only and sort order of 0.

Plugin Contributions

There are 2 instances in that file where that code appears, shouldn't it be changed on both? Just asking out of curiosity and so I can learn
    Never mind! I answered myself

It works!!!
    Eesh. I thought I did a better job of removing them for the purpose of this update. Guess need to work faster to get compatible with ZC 1.5.7 as those will be back (and fully supported). :)

Plugin Contributions

Would suggest reviewing/providing the attribute configurations for the option names. Seems that there is something identifying that when no selections are made that the price is 0. Might suggest confirming that a non-zero price is determined when Dynamic Price Updater is disabled. I have a feeling that other "initial" attributes are not set to the three part combination of default, display only and sort order of 0.
    Briefly as the page loads I noticed the total for the base price does appear and the goes away. So I turned off DPU and sure enough ((( hold on I have to play fetch with my cat otherwise won't let me work!!))) that was it. Now to figure out what in the world I did/changed that I shouldn't have done/changed.

Plugin Contributions

Briefly as the page loads I noticed the total for the base price does appear and the goes away. So I turned off DPU and sure enough ((( hold on I have to play fetch with my cat otherwise won't let me work!!))) that was it. Now to figure out what in the world I did/changed that I shouldn't have done/changed.
    Again, welcome to post the configurations, interested in items that are flagged as base price, default (or not), display only (or not) and sort order at least as relates to attributes marked with the two previous settings. DPU will display a starting at price with the lowest calculated price possible when no attributes are selected based on those settings. Also note on one or more of the referenced product that there are some "steps" that are duplicated. Didn't make sense to me, not sure about other customers.