Page 237 of 356 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.3.5-1.3.9

Haven't tested the operation yet; however, the files have been updated to support incorporation into a vanilla ZC 1.5.5 install.

The new version has both a default template as well as a responsive classic version. Files affected in both templates are included for comparison against each of the respective folders.

Okay, probably not a great explanation, I'm in processing mode and would have to change hats to maybe be more coherent... :)

https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Yeah, wanted to be sure could get the product added to the cart first (fix provided above) then would need to apply the same fix to the includes/functions/functions_lookup.php file (ZC 1.5.3/1.5.4 line 252, ZC 1.5.1 line 255).
    I applied the change to line 252. It allows me to add the product to the cart and as long as I add an entry in the SBA table for the text attribute with a quantity it will allow checkout. Without the text attribute added and a quantity assigned it marks it as out of stock. Not sure if that's what you intended.

I wasn't sure if the remaining comments were about changes to support 1.5.5 or if you meant for me to pick up additional changes for disabling the dynamic dropdowns. If you want me to do more let me know.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by badarac View Post
    I applied the change to line 252. It allows me to add the product to the cart and as long as I add an entry in the SBA table for the text attribute with a quantity it will allow checkout. Without the text attribute added and a quantity assigned it marks it as out of stock. Not sure if that's what you intended.

I wasn't sure if the remaining comments were about changes to support 1.5.5 or if you meant for me to pick up additional changes for disabling the dynamic dropdowns. If you want me to do more let me know.
    So, to support having SBA installed and to track stock only when/where needed instead of earlier versions in some way or another requiring all product with attributes to be tracked by SBA, I've updated the template files to disable dynamic dropdowns when the attribute list of a product contains an attribute that is not yet managed by DD. That is/was the stuff about some of the other posting.

As to the text attribute and it's need in the SBA variants. While not a great solution perhaps, but the checks performed when adding to the cart verfy that the attributes present are supported by the definition(s) for the product... ZC doesn't provide such a check per se where one could use web tools such as firebug for firefox to modify the attributes that will be posted and submit the product to the cart and basically it will go through if properly modified. But, the store owner would see this as an error and either dump the order or ask the customer about it.

With SBA or the concept behind it, one "complexity" is that when mixing attributes, one sub-attrbute may not exist for the product by "design" or vendor availability. So it is important to validate that the customer chosen options exist as defined by the store owner. The DD part mostly takes care of that (though such a non-existent option actually shows as out-of-stock instead of being hidden from display), but need/want to be sure to provide functionality when javascript is also *not* available or when the store owner chooses not to use DD for anything.

So... To meet that end, a text attribute should be associated with the product (whether required to filled in or not). If it is a non-stock beaing attribute, it should be combined with other variants... If say it is stock bearing, like only have so many badges that can be printed with information, then the text attribute should be individual, but as it stands, if the text attribute is split out so should all the other attributes for that product...

As development continues and such idiosynchrocies identified more controls are likely to be added to the admin side, but still trying to basically provide the largest application to the basic possibilities without limiting expansion.

Plugin Contributions

Fyi and fwiw I just learned that 1.5.5 will add some additional CSS features to attributes. That change will affect tpl_module_attributes.php which s modified by this plugin. I am therefore considering applying that change across all 1.5.x versions instead of making the change apply only to 1.5.5. I don't see a negative to this in functionality, only in "philosophy"... Especially as the change would have to be incorporated into the DD part... Somewhat simplifies "maintenance" and adds the capability to users of older systems.

Thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

I don't see a downside to that. I don't see how doing it would cause any problems either. It's just more targeted styling.

Plugin Contributions

Having a bit of fun, in that SBA is allowing me to add out of stock attributes to the shopping cart. The top of the page displays the success message, but the cart itself shows the item is out of stock.

We don't want to hide out of stock attributes, because we may get that variant back in stock. We really don't want to manage backorders, since a significant number of variations are short lived, and we won't get them back into stock, but don't know until we reorder.

I updated SBA from GitHub today, with the same result. ZC 1.5.4

Dynamic Drop Downs:
    Enable Dynamic Dropdowns 2 Tried every option here
    Product Info Single Attribute Display Plugin sequenced_dropdowns Tried every combination here
    Show Out of Stock Attributes False Tried both
    Product Info Multiple Attribute Display Plugin sba_sequenced_dropdowns Tried every combination here
    Mark Out of Stock Attributes Right
    Display Out of Stock Message Line True
    Prevent Adding Out of Stock to Cart True Seems like this would be the place...
    SBA Number of Records to Displayed 25

Stock
    Title Value
    Check stock level true
    Subtract stock true
    Allow Checkout true
    Mark product out of stock ***
    Stock Re-order level 5
    Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to 0
    Show Sold Out Image in place of Add to Cart 1
    Product Quantity Decimals 0
    Show Shopping Cart - Delete Checkboxes or Delete Button 3
    Show Shopping Cart - Update Cart Button Location 3
    Show New Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 1
    Show Featured Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 2
    Show Special Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 3
    Show Upcoming Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 4
    Show Notice of Combining Shopping Cart on Login 1
    SBA Show Available Stock Level in Cart (when less than order) true
    SBA Display Attributes Images false
    SBA Display Custom ID true
    SBA Display Search List Box true
    SBA Display Images in Admin true
    SBA Show Stock Level on Product Info Page true
    SBA Original Price Struck Through true
    SBA Display Search Box Only false

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by michael_rebreathe View Post
    Having a bit of fun, in that SBA is allowing me to add out of stock attributes to the shopping cart. The top of the page displays the success message, but the cart itself shows the item is out of stock.

We don't want to hide out of stock attributes, because we may get that variant back in stock. We really don't want to manage backorders, since a significant number of variations are short lived, and we won't get them back into stock, but don't know until we reorder.

I updated SBA from GitHub today, with the same result. ZC 1.5.4

Dynamic Drop Downs:
    Enable Dynamic Dropdowns 2 Tried every option here
    Product Info Single Attribute Display Plugin sequenced_dropdowns Tried every combination here
    Show Out of Stock Attributes False Tried both
    Product Info Multiple Attribute Display Plugin sba_sequenced_dropdowns Tried every combination here
    Mark Out of Stock Attributes Right
    Display Out of Stock Message Line True
    Prevent Adding Out of Stock to Cart True Seems like this would be the place...
    SBA Number of Records to Displayed 25

Stock
    Title Value
    Check stock level true
    Subtract stock true
    Allow Checkout true
    Mark product out of stock ***
    Stock Re-order level 5
    Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to 0
    Show Sold Out Image in place of Add to Cart 1
    Product Quantity Decimals 0
    Show Shopping Cart - Delete Checkboxes or Delete Button 3
    Show Shopping Cart - Update Cart Button Location 3
    Show New Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 1
    Show Featured Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 2
    Show Special Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 3
    Show Upcoming Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 4
    Show Notice of Combining Shopping Cart on Login 1
    SBA Show Available Stock Level in Cart (when less than order) true
    SBA Display Attributes Images false
    SBA Display Custom ID true
    SBA Display Search List Box true
    SBA Display Images in Admin true
    SBA Show Stock Level on Product Info Page true
    SBA Original Price Struck Through true
    SBA Display Search Box Only false
    Allow Checkout true
    This allows adding product to the cart even if it is out-of-stock and is one of the factors in identifying whether a product can be added that has a zero quantity... So initial question and not trying to be facetious or rude, is which do you want to be able to add product to the cart when it is out-of-stock and to be backordered regardless if it is tracked by SBA, not allow any product to be added to the cart that is out-of-stock or to only limit this possibility for product that is stocked by attributes?

The first two of those three options is directly supported by ZC and SBA, the third would be some form of a code change.

Plugin Contributions

Turns out I updated with the version at https://github.com/potteryhouse/stoc...ttribute_1.5.4

There is also the combined version at https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined

This may sound like a stupid question, but which version do I use?
    /admin and /include at the root of the repostiory OR
    /1_5_3 and 1_5_4

Might be nice to add a clarification in the readme...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by michael_rebreathe View Post
    Turns out I updated with the version at https://github.com/potteryhouse/stoc...ttribute_1.5.4

There is also the combined version at https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined

This may sound like a stupid question, but which version do I use?
    /admin and /include at the root of the repostiory OR
    /1_5_3 and 1_5_4

Might be nice to add a clarification in the readme...

Both. :)

The files in the ZC version sub-directory are those files that are different for each version. The remaining files (root files) are the same throughout and a reason why the two sets of previous files were combined... A whole lot of effort to update two sets of files (the central part of the SBA functionality and then the ZC modified files which really only serve as an interface. Instead of really needing to only update one set..)

Yeah, instructions need to be updated and seems like the code is near the ability to submit as an update to the version previously provided for ZC 1.5.1 requiring the documentation to be updated first.

My suggestion would be to load all of the files in the main includes and admin directories (no interaction with the store files really at that point) and then load the ZC version specific files. I'm about to install the software into a ZC 1.5.5 site to see how it works best so that the store can remain active while the software is installing and customers not see any significant glitch other than perhaps if they are loading the exact file that is being updated at the same time it is being overwritten...
    Last edited by mc12345678; 31 Dec 2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Reread it.. Was confused. :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    This allows adding product to the cart even if it is out-of-stock and is one of the factors in identifying whether a product can be added that has a zero quantity... So initial question and not trying to be facetious or rude, is which do you want to be able to add product to the cart when it is out-of-stock and to be backordered regardless if it is tracked by SBA, not allow any product to be added to the cart that is out-of-stock or to only limit this possibility for product that is stocked by attributes?

The first two of those three options is directly supported by ZC and SBA, the third would be some form of a code change.
    I just set Allow Checkout to False. (still using potteryhouse code) Yay! now it won't add it to the cart, but opens the shopping cart showing that the quantity added has been adjusted per current inventory (in the case of no inventory, zero were added). We were really trying to avoid any adding to the shopping cart diverting the user from continuing on the path they were already on (buying stuff!) Thankfully, adding a quantity <= stock on hand still doesn't open the shopping cart.

I'm not trying to allow adding an out of stock item to the cart at all (SBA managed or not). This prevents even considering the option of a backorder, which is untenable with the changing availability of our products. Any product not tracked by SBA shows the "sold out" button rather than "add to cart" button, so there was no way to add an out-of-stock non-SBA item to the cart. We'd like to show that we offer a gizmo in green, even if it's out of stock. We just don't want it to be added to the cart. Preferably, with some indication of no stock when they are looking at and choosing the attributes.

Many of our items are consumables. If we're out of a 30ml bottle, most of our customers are perfectly happy to buy a couple 10ml bottles and try for the 30ml the next time they order. We want them to know that we do offer the big bottle, but it's just out of stock right now.
    Last edited by michael_rebreathe; 31 Dec 2015 at 01:56 AM.