Page 321 of 356 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.5.0-1.5.6

Quote Originally Posted by Lordzoabar View Post
    Ok. That all does make sense, and if that's how it has to be, then that's fine. The one thing I'm still a bit confused on, is if I have a set of stock without the image upload (30 total after syncing) and then a set of stock WITH the upload (also synced?)... since the size attribute is what the stock is needing to look at, and the sizes are the same for the 2 variations (2x3 + image and 2x3 alone), is it going to count the stock once, and stay at 30, or is it actually going to double the count? Or do I just leave it unsynced after adding all the image variants?
    Realized I didn't entirely answer the last line of questioning. If the variants remained, then syncing again would yes "double" the product quantity or total up the quantity to match the number of product identified by the sum of variants. Further, once the variants with the file were expended, the variants would identify as being empty except for those that didn't have the file, but thaose varaints will be "inaccessible".
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I chose the cop-out method and just dropped the image upload attribute, and re-did the product variants fresh, and that literally fixed every issue. Everything is showing correctly, quantity per variant is showing, and everything on the store side is working and now I'm kicking myself for trying to make it all more complicated than it had need to be. Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

I chose the cop-out method and just dropped the image upload attribute, and re-did the product variants fresh, and that literally fixed every issue. Everything is showing correctly, quantity per variant is showing, and everything on the store side is working and now I'm kicking myself for trying to make it all more complicated than it had need to be. Thanks again!
    Whatever helps you sell your product and have return customers... Welcome for the assistance and thank you for identifying issues. Don't know what's wrong if someone doesn't say something...

On a side note, in the last couple of days there have been some changes/improvements added into the github repo, one in particular is the addition of returning product that contain customid information from within the search of the store. It adds criteria to the base search rather than taking over that search and without significantly increasing search time at least as seen on a store that had 6000+ variants. The time increase was something on the order of 0.05 seconds or so, very minimal increase.

Plugin Contributions

So I've managed to get everything installed, merged, and working mostly happily, the only issue I'm getting now is when I try to put in my second attribute variant, the page crashes and I get:

Code:
    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Logs are showing:

[15-Feb-2020 12:21:32 America/Phoenix] Request URI: /********/products_with_attributes_stock.php?products_id=2804&quantity=3&customid=23523V2&skuTitle=Burl%20Wallet%20Double&attributes=4399,,,&add_edit=add&action=execute, IP address: 47.46.139.205

#1  trigger_error() called at [/home/********/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:171]

#2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/********/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:143]

#3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/********/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:270]

#4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/********/public_html/********/includes/classes/products_with_attributes_stock.php:674]

#5  products_with_attributes_stock->insertNewAttribQty() called at [/home/********/public_html/********/products_with_attributes_stock.php:557]

--> PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column '23523V2' in 'where clause' :: SELECT count(*) AS total FROM zen_products_with_attributes_stock WHERE (products_id = 2804 AND stock_attributes = 4399) OR product_attribute_combo = '2804-4399' OR customid = 23523V2 ==> (as called by) /home/********/public_html/********/includes/classes/products_with_attributes_stock.php on line 674 <== in /home/********/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 171.

I've checked the Install.php page, run file check, made sure the database updates were run, and everything on that end says there aren't any errors.
    In a recent update to the master branch, this has been corrected. There are some other updates as described below.

One other small thing I've noticed. Now when I go to the live product page, the attribute prices are duplicating themselves. They aren't adding themselves to the final price, just displaying twice in the same place.

Attachment 18853
    I've taken another swag at resolving this. While it worked as "intended" fo only showing two prices when there was a difference, I have a feeling I missed a test condition.

Other things done in that update, added the ability in the admin window to adjust the quantity of a single variant when that variant is uniquely returned using the search box. If multiple variants match, a notification is made that adjustment is currently not supported (feature to be added) and a notification is made to identify that no results were found to match the search.

Additionally, some of the code was refactored to provide early escape from a procedure, adjust code alignment, etc...

For those using older versions of Zen Cart where I had tried to use the built in sanitization for float type numbers, which was found in some of those earlier Zen Cart versions to not properly handle float type numbers (eg. 1.5), I incorporated some fallback operations to at least sanitize the input to remain as some semblance of a number and centralized the operation to reduce code duplication.

I'm still working on changes to be incorporated to support the expanded capability of the Zen Cart version 1.5.7 attributes file which appears to support incorporation of this module without touching that file. Part of incorporating those capabilities is to continue support of use of an older attributes file in the event an upgrade sustains the older functional version possibly in support of some other module that may not have been upgraded for ZC 1.5.7 or other reason... the file that will be affected by this will be the catalog side observer class.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5+

Quote Originally Posted by cfsheridan View Post
    I've done a bit of searching, and cannot find an answer other than a short discussion from 2006.

I sell green coffee by the pound, and the offerings are priced by attributes with 1#, 2#, 5#, 10#, and 20$ quantities offered. The problem is that there is not a stock quantity associated with the attributes, and it does not appear that this mod addresses attribute quantities where all the attribute items are merely different quantities of the same stock item. Does something like that exist, or alternatively, is there a way to price by quantity with discrete amounts available (the weights match my shipping packaging).

Thanks for the help.

site is www.noquartercoffee.com
    I am in a similar situation. We sell products by 1 oz, 4 oz, 16 oz, and kg quantities. The last time I worked with this mod was with 1.39, and things have clearly progressed since then, but I am wondering if something has been resolved to assist for those who sell different weights of the same product. The only thing I could think of when I tried this mod previously was setting the stock to 10,000 or so, and doing the numbers manually. For a site with 600+ products, all of them with different weight options, this becomes an issue of time. I suppose I could make a new category for each product, and do some custom editing to make the last sub-category look like a product page, but ideally there is a better solution. Am I out of luck?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    I am in a similar situation. We sell products by 1 oz, 4 oz, 16 oz, and kg quantities. The last time I worked with this mod was with 1.39, and things have clearly progressed since then, but I am wondering if something has been resolved to assist for those who sell different weights of the same product. The only thing I could think of when I tried this mod previously was setting the stock to 10,000 or so, and doing the numbers manually. For a site with 600+ products, all of them with different weight options, this becomes an issue of time. I suppose I could make a new category for each product, and do some custom editing to make the last sub-category look like a product page, but ideally there is a better solution. Am I out of luck?
    So, yeah, haven't really been asked much about this type characteristic of using attributes. While it is something that could maybe be incorporated, this issue in my opinion is actually outside of what SBA does and is for. This could be addressed by an additional field on the attributes controller to identify either the value that is to be "subtracted" as part of the stock quantity for selecting one instance of that attribute or as a marker to use say the weight value or whatever. Then as stock is decremented, for each instance of that product that the associated "factor" is removed from the total with the total being however much you have to sell...

So if the store has 20 lbs of material, then it could be sold in groups of 1 ounce, 5 ounce, whatever, and as each group is removed the quantity of that group times the "weight" would be subtracted from the total and then the number/weight of that product is the quantity remaining to an extent...

But, no this module does not necessarily do this "math" situation and in my opinion wouldn't necessarily fit into the existing reworked tables until those tables are again split out like they probably should be. Specifically to simplify the listing of items being controlled/managed and separate that from the actually stored data for those managed items.

If on the other hand you only sell so many of each size of the item, then yes this module works for that. As to populating data, there are plenty of mass data populating programs that could make the task easier/faster, but it depends on how hard you wish to make it on yourself.

Plugin Contributions

Preferably trying to keep things simple without needing to dedicate myself to any monthly/yearly plans. I am a huge fan of open source software, so would generally prefer something like this. If you have any recommendations or suggestions, I would be game to hear them. I am near 10 years with my zen business, and figure it is about time to actually start doing things like inventory correctly. Especially if I want to expand and bring in staff. I am more concerned about keeping track of inventory than I am stock of products running low, but nothing wrong with 2 birds with 1 stone.

I imagine I am not the only one who sells items that can be pieced apart and sold in different weights who is dealing with this roadblock. So I am sure there is a solution. It just might be right outside my current reach.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    Preferably trying to keep things simple without needing to dedicate myself to any monthly/yearly plans. I am a huge fan of open source software, so would generally prefer something like this. If you have any recommendations or suggestions, I would be game to hear them. I am near 10 years with my zen business, and figure it is about time to actually start doing things like inventory correctly. Especially if I want to expand and bring in staff. I am more concerned about keeping track of inventory than I am stock of products running low, but nothing wrong with 2 birds with 1 stone.

I imagine I am not the only one who sells items that can be pieced apart and sold in different weights who is dealing with this roadblock. So I am sure there is a solution. It just might be right outside my current reach.
    Check your recent post history and any responses to them, I believe lankeeyankee responded to one about this topic indicating that the solution might be more along the lines of rethinking the problem.

I believe it went something like, if you need to sell your product by weight, then use the quantity in stock to identify your weight and somewhere identify to the customer what units are being used (if that's a script type feature that does conversion for a customer from kg to ounces or something, then so be it), but basically they enter in their desired weight quantity rather than having to consider/plan for attribute style quantities. If want to sell in units of 5 each, then in product setup there is an option to identify the units associated with product quantity and the customer will be required to resolve any unit discrepancy before final checkout...

Whatever the state of your cart, if you are bringing in new people, you will want to be able to pass on to them what it takes for you to do business. if that means that on the first Tuesday of every month you have to stand on one foot with your left index finger on your nose in order to login, then they will need to know that so that they can merrily move along with business or find another job. :) One where the staff are not so weird... :)

Plugin Contributions

1.5.6c, php 7.1, completely fresh files and my normal template but database upgraded from 1.3.9

after I installed this using the master from github, the attributes disappeared completely from the product info. I'm truly unsure why - there's no error log, no message of any kind on the website. Nothing in the javascript console. The only extra jquery I added I removed It has been a while since i installed this but I don't recall ever seeing anything like this before. The stock_by_attr_install.php still says to look for the instructions folder but of course it is not in the github docs. Guidance please!
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    1.5.6c, php 7.1, completely fresh files and my normal template but database upgraded from 1.3.9

after I installed this using the master from github, the attributes disappeared completely from the product info. I'm truly unsure why - there's no error log, no message of any kind on the website. Nothing in the javascript console. The only extra jquery I added I removed It has been a while since i installed this but I don't recall ever seeing anything like this before. The stock_by_attr_install.php still says to look for the instructions folder but of course it is not in the github docs. Guidance please!
    This is *typically* seen (and drawing from memory here) when there has been something that was installed (at some point) where the configuration value of 0 has been removed from the database by some utility. It was supposed to be addressed/corrected in one of the update sql queries like 1.5.4 and/or 1.5.5 to change the storage location in cID 6. There is a "feature" in the SBA configuration to try to restore that same setting. Oye, again from memory it is something like to restore attribute options for dropdowns or the like...

Other thing of note is that the primary file path of includes has files that should be placed in the template overrides directory such as includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php

Will try to look more in a few when get to a computer...