Page 320 of 356 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3552
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.5.0-1.5.6

Quote Originally Posted by Lordzoabar View Post
    Perfect. That has fixed all of my issues that I've had crop up (so far at least). Aside from that minor issue with the add variations page, I think we are go for launch. After I finish uploading the remaining 30 frames, along with their 5-6 variants each. You got a method to automate THAT? lol

I DID take a look at the bit in the SBA wiki about showing the variant stock on the product info page, but I'm guessing that bit is a bit out of date as I couldn't find the lines referenced in either the attributes.php or the main_template_vars_attributes.php, but that is more a "nice to have" than a "need to have". and can wait for now.
    Sba itself has gone through various variants. The current version supported here is last based off of the work done by Potteryhouse which was focused on single option name type product, but it allowed focusing on the central needs and ways to integrate with Zen Cart. As discussion and need branched into multiple option names, other tools and options made available through the forum site were used to get to this point. I believe there is still some changes necessary to the database structure, but have been trying to move some of the code outwards so that those changes can be made with ease when the time comes. Anyways, there are some things that may make integration/use "easier" but there is a cost to that as well as things such as the standard admin product page continue to be so heavily revised. Let's say that this pet project can only support so much new development at once... I have additional tools already built in (non-stock attributes) that don't really have a good, no almost no interface of their presence. Yet, they have the potential to support so much. I've even come to nearly realize that such "non-stock" attributes themselves almost could be a stock traceable option of their own, but that interface is yet to be considered.

Anyways, it really depends on your attribute combinations/needs as to how to carry them forwards or assign them.

If you don't need to put a customid or description immediately, you can use the dropdown(s) when adding stock to apply variations to the product. For single option name product (I call this single attributes), the dropdown can be used to apply all option values. For multiple option names (multi-attributes) you can create them either as mixed option values or where each option name's option value is individual. Just select the option to be applied for each option name. Note that generally speaking if say there are 5 option names (number used to minimize confusion of the following), having 3 option names combined in a variant and the other 2 option names combined in its own variant will not work (without some further logic/decision priorities). It's basically either all 5 combined or all 5 individual. There is though still the case of having non-stock attributes which deviates from the above "partial list" a little.

Anyways, you can quickly populate variants using the above, also you can copy attributes from one product to another to include the variants as part of the copy and can do the same when copying product.

So that's a few ways to expedite variant entry.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Just found another new issue. Focusing on the highlighted lines in Config > Stock

Attachment 18858

Allow Checkout is technically working, except it is saying that everything is out of stock, despite SBA showing otherwise, and the product page showing the correct total in stock of all variants together. IE: For a 4x6 frame, I have it set to 5 units in stock, the product page is showing 30 (which is all my variants added up), but when I do a test order, it doesn't matter if I say I want 1 or 10, it says it's out of stock regardless. If I set "Allow Checkout" to "true", then the order goes through, but the *** for "Mark product out of stock" shows regardless of order quantity.

"SBA Show Available Stock Level in Cart" likewise is not showing ANYTHING, though I suspect its problem is tied in to the above issues.
    This is unusual in some parts. The total quantity showing 30 is expected when the stock is "synchronized" as the total stock is equal to the sum of the variants. There are reasons where/when it may be desired for that quantity to be different, but basically as a variant is removed so is one of the total quantity. So use that information as seen fit.

From that point, the indication of a quantity being out-of-stock or not is then expected to be processed by the observer class that is looking for the notifier at the end of includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php so that SBA can evaluate if this one variant (per product in the cart) has sufficient quantity remaining. It evaluates whether the condition of the cart to consider what if any SBA tracked items are in stock or not and in particular evaluates whether the cart as a whole has any out-of-stock product and corrects the condition if there is something about the SBA product to identify that all is "okay".

Now in earlier versions, there used to be a modification to that header_php.php file; however, a method was determined possible to perform the determination later. Problem I'm having right now is what is identifying that 1 of even 5 or 30 items is causing the software to consider that there are no product available.

One thing that comes to mind is if there are attributes in the product/provided to the shopping cart for which no variant respects... Not having a matching variant or method to handle the other attributes would cause what is described...

Do you perhaps have "display only" type option values/names? or better asked, is there a Web page to look at for the problem product and/or can you identify the attribute and variant setup for this product?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    One thing that comes to mind is if there are attributes in the product/provided to the shopping cart for which no variant respects... Not having a matching variant or method to handle the other attributes would cause what is described...

Do you perhaps have "display only" type option values/names? or better asked, is there a Web page to look at for the problem product and/or can you identify the attribute and variant setup for this product?
    The only attributes I have attached are one for frame size - what I am using SBA to track and maintain in the first place- and an optional file upload for if the customer wants to send in a photo to be printed and included with the frame. Single file upload for single frames, and a second and third for bi and tri fold frames.

Now, if you're telling me that that is at least partially what's responsible for tripping it up, then I don't have any issue with removing that attribute. We already have a system in place for handling online photo orders, so I can just slap the link in the product description and call it a day.

When I DON'T sync the quantity, then the product page shows it as being zero units in stock, and swaps out the "Add to Cart" button for the "Sold Out". I'll put a link to one I left un-synced as well.

https://www.athensartandframe.com/in...oducts_id=2803

https://www.athensartandframe.com/in...oducts_id=2805

Plugin Contributions

The only attributes I have attached are one for frame size - what I am using SBA to track and maintain in the first place- and an optional file upload for if the customer wants to send in a photo to be printed and included with the frame. Single file upload for single frames, and a second and third for bi and tri fold frames.

Now, if you're telling me that that is at least partially what's responsible for tripping it up, then I don't have any issue with removing that attribute. We already have a system in place for handling online photo orders, so I can just slap the link in the product description and call it a day.

When I DON'T sync the quantity, then the product page shows it as being zero units in stock, and swaps out the "Add to Cart" button for the "Sold Out". I'll put a link to one I left un-synced as well.

https://www.athensartandframe.com/in...oducts_id=2803

https://www.athensartandframe.com/in...oducts_id=2805
    There's no need (or shouldn't be) to change how you do business such as removing the image/file attribute. Just need to associate it/consider it as appropriate... meaning, try this one thing (or I'll have to go back into my variety of test product to see what it would take). Add one variant to the product with products_id 2803, that variant will have say: frame size: 2x3, upload file, upload file 2 and upload file 3 all as a single variant. Give it a quantity such as 4 (something different than the others, just to be sure tracking the correct selection).

Then try to add that product selection without including a file...

That should work...

An alternative "solution" would be to identify the option name/value combination (whichever is necessary) to the non-stock attribute table so that when that data is presented that it ignores the file attribute(s) as part of the stock quantity... in this situation though, it doesn't appear possible to submit this product without picking a frame size (even if the way it is setup that one may "accidentally" pick the default 2x3 without realizing that they had other options which could turn into charge backs for those hastily picking for whatever reason...) see the FAQs about adding a display only, default with a sort order of 0...

Plugin Contributions

There's no need (or shouldn't be) to change how you do business such as removing the image/file attribute. Just need to associate it/consider it as appropriate... meaning, try this one thing (or I'll have to go back into my variety of test product to see what it would take). Add one variant to the product with products_id 2803, that variant will have say: frame size: 2x3, upload file, upload file 2 and upload file 3 all as a single variant. Give it a quantity such as 4 (something different than the others, just to be sure tracking the correct selection).

Then try to add that product selection without including a file...

That should work...

An alternative "solution" would be to identify the option name/value combination (whichever is necessary) to the non-stock attribute table so that when that data is presented that it ignores the file attribute(s) as part of the stock quantity... in this situation though, it doesn't appear possible to submit this product without picking a frame size (even if the way it is setup that one may "accidentally" pick the default 2x3 without realizing that they had other options which could turn into charge backs for those hastily picking for whatever reason...) see the FAQs about adding a display only, default with a sort order of 0...

Ok. Just to see what would happen, I removed the upload image from one of them, and that apparently makes the entire product free! Checked the Controller, Attribute is Free when Product is free was selected. Switched that to "false", and product is still showing as free, including in the cart. It DID add a line to the dropdown about "please elect one of the following" though.

Plugin Contributions

Ok. Just to see what would happen, I removed the upload image from one of them, and that apparently makes the entire product free! Checked the Controller, Attribute is Free when Product is free was selected. Switched that to "false", and product is still showing as free, including in the cart. It DID add a line to the dropdown about "please elect one of the following" though.
    If that is/was an attempt to force the customer to make a selection of one of the dropdown items, then the attribute that has the text "please select..." or whatever was used needs to be marked as display only, default and have a sort order of 0...

If it is not marked display only (and the attribute is also marked to have its price part of the base price) then that attribute will be identified as the lowest priced attribute and will be allowed to be added to the cart making the product free... if it is not marked to be part of the base price, then the price shown will be the lowest price of any options that are part of the base price, but if that attribute is selected as part of adding to the cart, the price will be whatever is assigned to that attribute (which likely is nothing or 0)...

Now seeing that neither of the above two product were modified as described, I can't validate any of the above without walking through the entire store to find the one product that actually has this additional option value.

More importantly (at least as far as SBA is concerned) what's the status of the variant addition requested above to the specific product?

Plugin Contributions

If that is/was an attempt to force the customer to make a selection of one of the dropdown items, then the attribute that has the text "please select..." or whatever was used needs to be marked as display only, default and have a sort order of 0...

If it is not marked display only (and the attribute is also marked to have its price part of the base price) then that attribute will be identified as the lowest priced attribute and will be allowed to be added to the cart making the product free... if it is not marked to be part of the base price, then the price shown will be the lowest price of any options that are part of the base price, but if that attribute is selected as part of adding to the cart, the price will be whatever is assigned to that attribute (which likely is nothing or 0)...
    That's the thing. I never MADE a "Please select..." attribute. It just loaded itself in there on it's own, and placed itself at the top of the list. It might have been something with the Dynamic Drop Downs configs, but I don't actually know what THEY point to specifically, so I had just left them all set to default.

Now seeing that neither of the above two product were modified as described, I can't validate any of the above without walking through the entire store to find the one product that actually has this additional option value.

More importantly (at least as far as SBA is concerned) what's the status of the variant addition requested above to the specific product?
    I added the image upload back in, and made a second variant with the image included, and that did ultimately work. I WAS actually hoping that just removing that attribute might have been enough, as then I wouldn't have to go back and add even MORE variants to each product, but oh well.

Plugin Contributions

Fyi, I went back to my test store (it's almost to ZC 1.5.7 although some pages here and there are not yet updated the core code has been as of recent), I created a product that had two dropdown option names, it also had checkboxes, but I didn't really use them, and an attribute to upload a file.

I then went into the SBA admin screen and added variants to the product which were to combine the two dropdowns with the file attribute and gave it a quantity of 5.

This created a long list of variants where a variant for each option value from the first option name was combined with each option value of the second dropdown's option values and all had this one file attribute as well. So a variant showed three things in it where it is possible to see the option name with option value for the variant.

I then went to the store for this product, added it (without selecting to upload a file) and was presented with a cart without "stock missing".

I then went back into the admin, deleted one variant and then added it back in without the file option selected and gave it a different quantity (3) in this case.

I then tried to add that specific selection of attributes (no file uploaded either) and received a rejected notice because that particular selection of the product was out-of-stock.

This confirmed for me two things, specifically about my database that I didn't have an option in place to ignore the file attribute as a non-stock attribute, and that by having the file in the variant that even when no file was uploaded, the selection of the product was possible.

So, to that end, that issue I think is closed (for now). The other thing(s) being seen:
    A product that has zero overall stock will be out-of-stock and is treated as such even if the variant(s) are available. Again, there are those that have need/desire to be able to have that type of independent stock control. Similarly, a product can be in stock and have some/all attributes be out-of-stock... again, there are cases for that... but... generally speaking like for "frames" as sold at that store as physical product, they are there or they are not... so synchronizing the attributes with the overall product quantity is a good idea, it may even be good for the total quantity to have one more than the variant quantity if it is desired to keep that product active even when no variants exist anymore... All depends on how you want things to be displayed/available...

Plugin Contributions

Ok. That all does make sense, and if that's how it has to be, then that's fine. The one thing I'm still a bit confused on, is if I have a set of stock without the image upload (30 total after syncing) and then a set of stock WITH the upload (also synced?)... since the size attribute is what the stock is needing to look at, and the sizes are the same for the 2 variations (2x3 + image and 2x3 alone), is it going to count the stock once, and stay at 30, or is it actually going to double the count? Or do I just leave it unsynced after adding all the image variants?

Plugin Contributions

That's the thing. I never MADE a "Please select..." attribute. It just loaded itself in there on it's own, and placed itself at the top of the list. It might have been something with the Dynamic Drop Downs configs, but I don't actually know what THEY point to specifically, so I had just left them all set to default.

I added the image upload back in, and made a second variant with the image included, and that did ultimately work. I WAS actually hoping that just removing that attribute might have been enough, as then I wouldn't have to go back and add even MORE variants to each product, but oh well.
    Well, if the dynamic dropdown configuration was left as it is provided in the install and there was only one attribute (frame size) then those settings don't take part in the operation. I don't see where in that, Dynamic Price updater nor SBA where it would add that option except where the product seems to have multiple attributes and sequenced dropdowns are being used. Some "odd" things can be seen too if a product is modified in the admin and on the catalog side the page is simply reloaded... it's a long standing "issue" I guess one could say.

As to the other variants, yes, as said there are two approaches that can be taken. One I would call a sort of "cop out" when considering the need. That would be to just make the file upload a non-stock related attribute for all product... but the right way would be to create variants that include the file upload or could just create a bunch of file upload variants, though if not mistaken their stock quantity would decrease in parallel with the frame(s) and frame variants.

If making combination variants, I actually would delete all variants for a product first and then add them in using the combo option... but that's me. I do have on my todo list to add a checkbox to support deleting just selected ones, but that's a separate issue too. :)