Page 289 of 356 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.3.5-1.3.9

This isn't really a question as much as a comment ;o)

Live site is zc 1.5.5e recently update to f. Responsive Sheffield Blue 2.0, many mods. In preparation for eventual aging out of my template I built two test sites first. One updating and testing my live site files with live site db, and the other with a clean install of zc 1.5.5f and a clone responsive_classic template.

On the latter, I installed Canada Post, ckEditor, OPC 5.0, EZPop4 and Colorbox 1.2.2 followed later by IH5, SbyA most recent, and Attribute Replace Main Image.

Following the instructions on the Misc tab of IH5 I used the IH5 version of incl/modules/YOUR TEMP/additional images.php instead of Colorbox v. To my great surprise, everything worked nicely together with very little fiddling. Attribute images swapped, stock counted and adjusted, lightbox with additional images fully functional.

So next, I took the test site copy of my live site and tried to replicate this success, beginning by cloning a responsive_classic template. I didn't remove Responsive Sheffiled Blue. While it may be easier just to make my virgin site into my livesite I have great fear of losing my google rankings.

I ran into some snags. Biggest difference I can think of - non-template files merged as part of RSB template package or other mods added over the years. And perhaps relevant, Colorbox and IH4 were both resident on the RSB test site. I updated them to newest versions before adding SbyA, Attribute Image replace Main Image mods.

On my sample product I hit a snag with Attribute Images replace Main Image in both clone responsive and RSB - images wouldn't replace. Hit partial snag with SbyA - radio buttons for attribute showed but one button insisted on being default (not set that way) and the stock was being counted but didn't show (like it I try to add more than available to cart). Strangely, everything worked if I switched to Classic Green or Responsive Classic. My clone Responsive worked perfectly in the clean install test site, but not in the reworked test site.

I Beyond Compared everything to death, and eventually arrived at this solution:

Removing completely includes/YOUR TEMP/templates/tpl_modules_attributes and includes/modules/YOUR TEMP/main_product_image from both my RSB and clone Resp Classic folders rendered everything fully functional. Those files are both present in my clean test site and work fine.

I have no idea why, and I post this only in the event that it means something to anyone else ;o) I flipped a coin where to post this as it involves interplay of many mods, but I didn't want to cross post.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    This isn't really a question as much as a comment ;o)

Live site is zc 1.5.5e recently update to f. Responsive Sheffield Blue 2.0, many mods. In preparation for eventual aging out of my template I built two test sites first. One updating and testing my live site files with live site db, and the other with a clean install of zc 1.5.5f and a clone responsive_classic template.

On the latter, I installed Canada Post, ckEditor, OPC 5.0, EZPop4 and Colorbox 1.2.2 followed later by IH5, SbyA most recent, and Attribute Replace Main Image.

Following the instructions on the Misc tab of IH5 I used the IH5 version of incl/modules/YOUR TEMP/additional images.php instead of Colorbox v. To my great surprise, everything worked nicely together with very little fiddling. Attribute images swapped, stock counted and adjusted, lightbox with additional images fully functional.

So next, I took the test site copy of my live site and tried to replicate this success, beginning by cloning a responsive_classic template. I didn't remove Responsive Sheffiled Blue. While it may be easier just to make my virgin site into my livesite I have great fear of losing my google rankings.

I ran into some snags. Biggest difference I can think of - non-template files merged as part of RSB template package or other mods added over the years. And perhaps relevant, Colorbox and IH4 were both resident on the RSB test site. I updated them to newest versions before adding SbyA, Attribute Image replace Main Image mods.

On my sample product I hit a snag with Attribute Images replace Main Image in both clone responsive and RSB - images wouldn't replace. Hit partial snag with SbyA - radio buttons for attribute showed but one button insisted on being default (not set that way) and the stock was being counted but didn't show (like it I try to add more than available to cart). Strangely, everything worked if I switched to Classic Green or Responsive Classic. My clone Responsive worked perfectly in the clean install test site, but not in the reworked test site.

I Beyond Compared everything to death, and eventually arrived at this solution:

Removing completely includes/YOUR TEMP/templates/tpl_modules_attributes and includes/modules/YOUR TEMP/main_product_image from both my RSB and clone Resp Classic folders rendered everything fully functional. Those files are both present in my clean test site and work fine.

I have no idea why, and I post this only in the event that it means something to anyone else ;o) I flipped a coin where to post this as it involves interplay of many mods, but I didn't want to cross post.
    So, on the one hand it sounds like the problems were that a radio button styled attribute did not default to the attributes controller default and that there was an issue with some stock level display (don't follow what was expected where), but then there is some discussion of everything working fine versus another template it seems. I mean were doing really well up front explaining all that was going on, but then I get lost in what has been done to apply the same software to the other template(s).

I can say that SBA does do some data review and potentially will change the default selection of attributes if the original default is for an attribute selection that is out-of-stock (would need information about the SBA setup/configuration as well as information about the applicable variant(s).

For SBA, the file includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php is what allows the dynamic dropdown aspect of the plugin to be displayed/operate. SBA will still manage the addition of product to the shopping cart, but there may be some other things that do not work as expected. Removal of includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/main_product_image.php may affect the built-in SBA image swap for single attribute product, but that too depends on the settings in attribute configuration area.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So, on the one hand it sounds like the problems were that a radio button styled attribute did not default to the attributes controller default and that there was an issue with some stock level display (don't follow what was expected where)
    On the product listing page, each attribute showed with a radio button, but no stock level visible. If you added to cart more than was in stock you would get the warning on the cart page. This behaviour was on my modified existing test site, both in the Responsive Sheffield Blue template and newly created clone Responsive_Classic. On my second clean test site with only one test product the stock levels (and everything else) functioned perfectly.

but then there is some discussion of everything working fine versus another template it seems. I mean were doing really well up front explaining all that was going on, but then I get lost in what has been done to apply the same software to the other template(s).
    On the updating of existing test site, all mods were present, but in earlier versions, except SbyA and Attrib Image Swap which were not present. I updated the existing mods, in particular Colorbox and IH5, then added SbyA and Attrib Image. On the second test site - new clean install - all mods were installed from scratch. I noted that IH5 was installed after Colorbox as that had different implications for merging additional_images php according to the Misc tab in the readme folder. The clean install site was zc 1.5.5f with clone Responsive Classic.

I can say that SBA does do some data review and potentially will change the default selection of attributes if the original default is for an attribute selection that is out-of-stock (would need information about the SBA setup/configuration as well as information about the applicable variant(s).
    Set up on both test sites involved one sample product with a single attribute - Size with 4 vatriants. I don't anticipate doing multiple attribute products.

My Dynamic Dropdown config first three settings: 1, radio, radio. On the Attribute Controller no attributes are set to Default, and each attribute has stock and each has an image file. On the Option Name Manager the single attirbute is Size and is set to Radio button and stlye 8. (6 and 7 also worked).These settings worked on the second (clean) test site without further adieu. On the updated existing test site these setting would not work until I removed the two files named above - this was with template set to Responsive Sheffield Blue, clone Responsive_Classic, and also the two stock templates.

This is why I think 'some other' mod or bits of old code junk on my existing test site mustn't be playing nice. The site was originally zc 1.5.1 first edition, which in turn was a rebuild of my original zc 1.3.7.

For SBA, the file includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php is what allows the dynamic dropdown aspect of the plugin to be displayed/operate. SBA will still manage the addition of product to the shopping cart, but there may be some other things that do not work as expected. Removal of includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/main_product_image.php may affect the built-in SBA image swap for single attribute product, but that too depends on the settings in attribute configuration area.
    Oh - SbyA has image swap built in? I installed most recent SbyA but also Attrib_Image_Swap.6 (on both test sites). Would this cause issues?

My crude hack of removing the two files has everything, seemingly, working with whatever old files weren't playing nice. It's still an interesting riddle to me as to what old spanner in my files was mucking up the works.

As a point if interest - it took me but a few hours to build a clean test site with zc 1.5.5f, clone a template, install Colorbox, IH5, SbyA, Attrib_Switch, CanadaPost, EZPop, OnePageCheckout, ckEditor, ColumnLayoutGrid, and to set up a test product with additional images, swappable images and stock control.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    On the product listing page, each attribute showed with a radio button, but no stock level visible. If you added to cart more than was in stock you would get the warning on the cart page. This behaviour was on my modified existing test site, both in the Responsive Sheffield Blue template and newly created clone Responsive_Classic. On my second clean test site with only one test product the stock levels (and everything else) functioned perfectly.

On the updating of existing test site, all mods were present, but in earlier versions, except SbyA and Attrib Image Swap which were not present. I updated the existing mods, in particular Colorbox and IH5, then added SbyA and Attrib Image. On the second test site - new clean install - all mods were installed from scratch. I noted that IH5 was installed after Colorbox as that had different implications for merging additional_images php according to the Misc tab in the readme folder. The clean install site was zc 1.5.5f with clone Responsive Classic.

Set up on both test sites involved one sample product with a single attribute - Size with 4 vatriants. I don't anticipate doing multiple attribute products.

My Dynamic Dropdown config first three settings: 1, radio, radio. On the Attribute Controller no attributes are set to Default, and each attribute has stock and each has an image file. On the Option Name Manager the single attirbute is Size and is set to Radio button and stlye 8. (6 and 7 also worked).These settings worked on the second (clean) test site without further adieu. On the updated existing test site these setting would not work until I removed the two files named above - this was with template set to Responsive Sheffield Blue, clone Responsive_Classic, and also the two stock templates.

This is why I think 'some other' mod or bits of old code junk on my existing test site mustn't be playing nice. The site was originally zc 1.5.1 first edition, which in turn was a rebuild of my original zc 1.3.7.

Oh - SbyA has image swap built in? I installed most recent SbyA but also Attrib_Image_Swap.6 (on both test sites). Would this cause issues?

My crude hack of removing the two files has everything, seemingly, working with whatever old files weren't playing nice. It's still an interesting riddle to me as to what old spanner in my files was mucking up the works.

As a point if interest - it took me but a few hours to build a clean test site with zc 1.5.5f, clone a template, install Colorbox, IH5, SbyA, Attrib_Switch, CanadaPost, EZPop, OnePageCheckout, ckEditor, ColumnLayoutGrid, and to set up a test product with additional images, swappable images and stock control.
    So, again... I can not yet vouch for the operability of Dynamic Dropdowns when it is used for only a single option name (single attribute), like it is above, its inclusion is to address multiple attributes/multiple option names.

SBA was rebuilt by potteryhouse (quite successfully) to work with tracking stock of a single option name/attribute which includes the display of stock adjacent or as part of the selection(s). This is also basically how the default install is arranged... If you do not have items to track that have multiple option names, then there is no reason to even access the dynamic dropdowns area after initial installation, all necessary settings are (or should be) in either the stock or attributes configuration screen.

Part of the stock display also involves using the updated includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php file which is the same/similar to the ZC 1.5.5 version but with a few added notifiers and some other items and could potentially explain the lack of additional information (although the settings to use dynamic dropdowns in this case also could be the cause).

Note that at least without SBA, a product that has radio buttons without a default selected is one that can be selected/added to the cart without any attribute being selected.... This can cause problems for the store owner if there is none selected, especially if the product is priced-by-attributes and none are selected... When using radio buttons pretty much like any of the attribute options, a default should be selected that also is a display only option. This way if selected and the product added to the cart then ZC kicks back to identify an issue and that the customer needs to select a product.

SBA has been written to try to prevent selecting an option that has not been populated as a variant, though I do not recall the result of testing a product setup in this condition (radio button options none selected, all variants identified to product), though the expectation is that if the product has attributes and all variants identify that there are attributes selected then it seems like it should also bounce back to say that something is not right, but I'm also sure I'll be quickly corrected on this. :)

So removal of the files...
    Removal of includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php basically disabled the Dynamic Dropdown "features" from being displayed which would have also been corrected by restoring the Dynamic Dropdown options back to their default(s).

I'm guessing and could be wrong here, that the includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php file was the second file to be removed at which point "everything" started working correctly. This is for a couple of "known" reasons, dynamic dropdowns unfortunately does not provide the same html tags around information as a default ZC store, and therefore there are some aspects of attribute monitoring that do not (yet) work as expected/desired... Again, I've been trying to maintain existing functionality and add to it rather than take over things, disable options/code that others have been paid to make get functionl, etc... What that means is that while not all of the files provided also do everything expected they are present for th previously existing functionality and if someone has rewritten some of the code to work further, it still will work.

Lastly for now, yes there is some minor image swap capability already within the SBA code for single option name type product, but it has not proven to conflict with the other attribute image swap software that you have loaded.

Plugin Contributions

Hey, not sure what I've done wrong but cant seem to find a solution myself.

Basically when adding a price offset for a product with a variant, in the dynamic dropdown to select said item, I see the offset price, but the currency symbol shows as "+&pound;" which looks horrible.

How would I go about soeting this for zen cart 1.5.5f? Ideal behaviour would be to display the selected currency symbol (my site only uses GBP, so a £ symbol in this case).

An example can be seen on the following link by selecting strength:0mg & size:50ml.

https://phantomvaper.com/store/e-liq...lish-p-88.html

Thanks!
    Last edited by madshaun1984; 25 Feb 2018 at 01:10 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by madshaun1984 View Post
    Hey, not sure what I've done wrong but cant seem to find a solution myself.

Basically when adding a price offset for a product with a variant, in the dynamic dropdown to select said item, I see the offset price, but the currency symbol shows as "+&pound;" which looks horrible.

How would I go about soeting this for zen cart 1.5.5f? Ideal behaviour would be to display the selected currency symbol (my site only uses GBP, so a £ symbol in this case).

An example can be seen on the following link by selecting strength:0mg & size:50ml.

https://phantomvaper.com/store/e-liq...lish-p-88.html

Thanks!
    Please see post 2875 for the solution that was posted for this problem.

Plugin Contributions

Please see post 2875 for the solution that was posted for this problem.
    Thanks have applied both variants (not at the same time) of the code change suggested there but am still not getting the converted symbol displayed.

The latter version of code in that post is applied now, and
    I added the offset price via the attributes manager, is that the correct way to do it when using product variants? Or is this just a caching thing?

Thanks,
    Shaun

Plugin Contributions

Thanks have applied both variants (not at the same time) of the code change suggested there but am still not getting the converted symbol displayed.

The latter version of code in that post is applied now, and
    I added the offset price via the attributes manager, is that the correct way to do it when using product variants? Or is this just a caching thing?

Thanks,
    Shaun
    I would suspect a caching issue; however, I can not confirm as there is now a 500 error reported when attempting to access the provided link.

Plugin Contributions

I would suspect a caching issue; however, I can not confirm as there is now a 500 error reported when attempting to access the provided link.
    Sorry was playing with the code, missed a curly brace... Sorted now and sites back up. I've also purged the cache via cdn, still not resolved...

Plugin Contributions

Sorry was playing with the code, missed a curly brace... Sorted now and sites back up. I've also purged the cache via cdn, still not resolved...
    Ok, I seeall that is/was going on. When the dynamic dropdowns was edited to support things like quotes and other "special" characters in the products_options_values_name that was incorporated first which then was applied to single attributes for consistency (which is what the referenced post addresses).

So, a similar change is needed to the dynamic dropdowns file(s) as was done for single attributes. I'm on my phone at the moment which makes it a little difficult to provide all of the change correctly/quickly, but the file in question is: includes/classes/pad_sba_sequenced_dropdowns.php

Then at line 833 modifying:
    Code:
           $out.='"_' . $oval['id'] . '"' . ': "' . zen_output_string_protected($oval['text']) . '", ';
    (if there are #s in there, ignore them/treat as spaces.
    To use the function provided by:
    Code:
    zen_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '&quot;', '\'' => '&#039;', '<' => '&lt;', '>' => '&gt;', ' & ' => ' &amp; ')) . '</option>' . "\n";
    In place of the zen_output_string_protected portion of the above.