Page 205 of 356 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v1.5.3 addon for Zen-Cart v1.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Daba_do View Post
    Zen Cart v.1.5.4

SBA is in beta for 1.5.4?
    Though some know how to make it work?

Any help on getting it up and running on 1.5.4.

When I get to the http://YOUR_DOMAIN/YOUR_ADMIN/stock_by_attr_install.php
    and run the installer nothing happens.

So new at ZC its crazy, but any help would be great.
    When you say nothing happens, can you explain a little further? White screen? Just another menu? Error message?

Did you happen to try the version made available about 6 hours ago that has been briefly tested on ZC 1.5.4 and should be backwards compatible to ZC 1.5.3 found at: https://github.com/potteryhouse/stoc...12345678_ZC154
    zip available at: https://github.com/potteryhouse/stoc...5678_ZC154.zip
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v1.5.3 addon for Zen-Cart v1.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Daba_do View Post
    Zen Cart v.1.5.4

SBA is in beta for 1.5.4?
    Though some know how to make it work?

Any help on getting it up and running on 1.5.4.

When I get to the http://YOUR_DOMAIN/YOUR_ADMIN/stock_by_attr_install.php
    and run the installer nothing happens.

So new at ZC its crazy, but any help would be great.
    Since you're installing a plugin not designed for your version of Zen Cart, why would you expect it to work? At your experience lever, no offense, probably better to wait for the new version which will work correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

Hi, new to ZC so on a learning curve here, but managing. However, a question re this plugin (v 1.5.3 for ZC 1.5.1). Is there an up-to-date instruction guide on how to use it? or can someone explain what the 'Custom ID' field is all about?

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeondraco View Post
    Hi, new to ZC so on a learning curve here, but managing. However, a question re this plugin (v 1.5.3 for ZC 1.5.1). Is there an up-to-date instruction guide on how to use it? or can someone explain what the 'Custom ID' field is all about?

Mike
    The CustomID allows you to assign an ID to each attribute. Think of it like the 'Products Model' you assign to a product.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeking View Post
    The CustomID allows you to assign an ID to each attribute. Think of it like the 'Products Model' you assign to a product.
    If I may clarify a little further based on the current implementation.

The custom ID is something self entered (there is no requirement to have use it)

For a product that has a single option name, a customid could be applied to a single option value. (Quantity of product is available in 1, 2, 4, and 8 pieces then each of those options could have its own customid, none, or a mixture of one provided for some and none for the others.)

For a product that has multiple option names for a product (typical example is a shoe that is available in a color and a size) then the current implementation allows a custom ID to be applied to each such pairing of color and size (blue-9, green-10). For a product with three option names, then the combination of three option values would be used to which a single customid could be provided... Assume a shirt that is available in adult and child (two option values for a single option name) that is available in three colors (white, blue, black), and in four different sizes (S, M, L, XL) then some of the combinations available to which each has a customid available would be:

Adult-white-S : shirt1
    Child-Blue-M: shirt2
    Adult-Black-XL: shirt3

Where shirt1, shirt2 and shirt3 could be the customid that is entered.

With a total of 24 combinations available to be assigned in the above example.

The data (value of the customid) currently is then provided on the invoice, the email, in the order history, etc. (areas where the selected attributes are presented) in some cases in replacement of the model# while the model# is generally still available as well... Where a customid is not provided but the desire is to display customids then the model # is provided instead (whether that be blank or some data).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If I may clarify a little further based on the current implementation.

The custom ID is something self entered (there is no requirement to have use it)

For a product that has a single option name, a customid could be applied to a single option value. (Quantity of product is available in 1, 2, 4, and 8 pieces then each of those options could have its own customid, none, or a mixture of one provided for some and none for the others.)

For a product that has multiple option names for a product (typical example is a shoe that is available in a color and a size) then the current implementation allows a custom ID to be applied to each such pairing of color and size (blue-9, green-10). For a product with three option names, then the combination of three option values would be used to which a single customid could be provided... Assume a shirt that is available in adult and child (two option values for a single option name) that is available in three colors (white, blue, black), and in four different sizes (S, M, L, XL) then some of the combinations available to which each has a customid available would be:

Adult-white-S : shirt1
    Child-Blue-M: shirt2
    Adult-Black-XL: shirt3

Where shirt1, shirt2 and shirt3 could be the customid that is entered.

With a total of 24 combinations available to be assigned in the above example.

The data (value of the customid) currently is then provided on the invoice, the email, in the order history, etc. (areas where the selected attributes are presented) in some cases in replacement of the model# while the model# is generally still available as well... Where a customid is not provided but the desire is to display customids then the model # is provided instead (whether that be blank or some data).
    Many thanks for that, now understand. I think in my implementation I will not need to use it.

Another question, this is probably a setting I have missed somewhere. The plugin is working OK and I have 'SBA Show Stock Level on Product Info Page' selected true and the quantities are showing against the various variants. However, for variants where there is no stock, it is showing the 'Quantity of all variants' instead of 0. If I try to add an out-of-stock item to the Cart it comes up as out-of-stock, so it's just this displayed figure that is wrong. Any suggestions ?

TIA ... Mike

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks for that, now understand. I think in my implementation I will not need to use it.

Another question, this is probably a setting I have missed somewhere. The plugin is working OK and I have 'SBA Show Stock Level on Product Info Page' selected true and the quantities are showing against the various variants. However, for variants where there is no stock, it is showing the 'Quantity of all variants' instead of 0. If I try to add an out-of-stock item to the Cart it comes up as out-of-stock, so it's just this displayed figure that is wrong. Any suggestions ?

TIA ... Mike
    To clarify, when you say variants with no stock, does that mean the variant is listed in the admin table and the value is zero or is the variant not present at all for that product?

Plugin Contributions

To clarify, when you say variants with no stock, does that mean the variant is listed in the admin table and the value is zero or is the variant not present at all for that product?
    Just been playing around and found a fix. If I enter a quantity of 0 against a variant it does not show up in the table. If I set a quantity >0 then it does. If I then edit the quantity in the table to 0 it remains visible and works correctly in the cart

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Just been playing around and found a fix. If I enter a quantity of 0 against a variant it does not show up in the table. If I set a quantity >0 then it does. If I then edit the quantity in the table to 0 it remains visible and works correctly in the cart

Mike
    What I understand is, addition of a variant with 0 quantity to start does not add the variant to the list.

How many attributes (option names) are associated with the product? What was the selection adjacent to the option name(s) when trying to add a quantity of 0?

Plugin Contributions

What I understand is, addition of a variant with 0 quantity to start does not add the variant to the list.

How many attributes (option names) are associated with the product? What was the selection adjacent to the option name(s) when trying to add a quantity of 0?
    I was adding them all in exactly the same way, entering the actual true stock levels. However, as you say, a quantity of 0 will not add the variant, so a quantity of 1 has to be entered to start with and then edited in the table.

No problem, as long as I know the sequence

Mike