Page 241 of 356 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.3.5-1.3.9

Quote Originally Posted by jnabird333 View Post
    Hello, I am running into a small issue with trying to install this on my 1.5.4 Zen cart...I have already backed up my website and made an exact copy of my existing database. I uploaded the files and chose replace existing. I went to the install.php address and logged in to my Zen cart admin area. I selected check files and verified no errors. I selected the Full/Upgrade option and ran the script. Nothing happened...my screen didn't change in display and it never said the database was successfully changed as the directions state would happen. Please advise as I still don't see the SBA option under Catalodg.

I am new to this and REALLY need this add-on to track my inventory.

Alana

Adding: The screen shows SBA Version 1.5.3 for Zen Cart Version 1.5.1. I chose the most recent download which showed that it works with 1.5.4.
    Ohh.. So the source of your download was the plugins section of this website, then?

Umm.. So there are those individuals that have been able to use that provided version to install onto a more recent version of ZC, which in a way was how it was first adapted to ZC 1.5.3+, but... There is work that has to be done in order to merge the files appropriately. That work has been done in a version that is available from github. The most recent version being kept at https://www.github.com/mc12345678/St...butes_Combined with the other storage locations to potentially be phased out as it is getting to be more difficult than necessary to independently maintain two-three different storage locations for a single plugin.

Anyways, I'm about to post an update to that location when I saw your message... You may need to repair some files on your system if you simply copied over the files that were provided in that download and did not merge only the SBA differences into your 1.5.4 system.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Okay, just pushed changes to the combined location... (Haven't updated the ZC 1.5.5 version with the latest provided on github, more to come on that)

Functionality difference(s) include:
    Text attributes can be tracked by SBA; however, currently if a product is added to the cart with the text field in one condition a second "version" of the product can be added to the cart with just as many quantity. Each quantity is limited to the maximum that is assigned to the product. Also, the text option name ought to be added to the SBA variant of the product. I am waiting/open to more testing on this. I have found where I need to apply a condition to prevent the text field from being treated as something that makes the product unique to the cart, but it will require a bit more coding and I wanted to get this out there even with this "issue". (Not everyone uses text/upload file fields that uses SBA.

Forced the sorted order of attributes in includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php by enforcing the sort order of the option names if the selection to sort by sort order/option name was chosen in the admin. Previously the code only forced the sort order, and there was some "randomness" to the option name sorting. Also forced the sort order of the option values. The settings for these sort orders is found in the configuration->Product Info section regarding option names and option values.

Similar sorting applied to admin's products SBA menu display, though the sort order of those is still a little less than fully desired at least it is possible to make head's or tails of it. :)

Moved some code out of main files (more to be moved) into an observer to minimize the amount of code modifications necessary. Come ZC 1.5.5, this is starting to look like it will not need to modify very much at all of the core/standard code.

Used some of the functions built for SBA to simplify/shorten some of the code.

Corrected another found statement that read something like ...this is to force hiding READ ONLY attributes... Well the operation of the code actually was to force hiding DISPLAY ONLY attributes which is a different animal. Read Only is an option name that can have multiple option values. Display only is a designation to an option value made through the attributes controller. The intention of a display only attribute is to not allow the selection to be added to the cart, but to provide some form of information to the customer while they look at the list of items... It is also handy to use as a default option for an attribute so that the customer must select something other than the default display option to add the "correct" product to the cart. Dynamic Dropdowns as modified for this plugin generally accomplishes this by forcing the selection of one attribute before being allowed to select the next and then resetting those that follow if one above is modified... Unfortunately DD remains limited at the moment on the attribute(s) to which it can be applied... More coding needed.

Okay, hopefully enough to chew on for everyone. Thinking may be able to submit this again soon if can overcome the above text/upload filename issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Ohh.. So the source of your download was the plugins section of this website, then?

Umm.. So there are those individuals that have been able to use that provided version to install onto a more recent version of ZC, which in a way was how it was first adapted to ZC 1.5.3+, but... There is work that has to be done in order to merge the files appropriately. That work has been done in a version that is available from github. The most recent version being kept at https://www.github.com/mc12345678/St...butes_Combined with the other storage locations to potentially be phased out as it is getting to be more difficult than necessary to independently maintain two-three different storage locations for a single plugin.

Anyways, I'm about to post an update to that location when I saw your message... You may need to repair some files on your system if you simply copied over the files that were provided in that download and did not merge only the SBA differences into your 1.5.4 system.
    I can start over...I am so new to this that it isn't funny!! I will replace my admin and includes folders with my archived ones to put me back to where I was before I started. Now, how to get the correct file at the github site?

Thanks - Alana

Plugin Contributions

I was able to download the zip file from github...The Readme file is empty. Where can get explicit directions on how to install?

The Wiki install directions say that I need to create a database. The plugin directions says that I needed to upload the folders. I just need to know how to install this and I should be good to go.

Alana

Plugin Contributions

I was able to download the zip file from github...The Readme file is empty. Where can get explicit directions on how to install?

The Wiki install directions say that I need to create a database. The plugin directions says that I needed to upload the folders. I just need to know how to install this and I should be good to go.

Alana
    Not to bounce you around too much, and well to maybe get some feedback on it, but potteryhouse/jeking had created some instructions (I have not modified them yet/recently) that may help? Otherwise would be sending you down the "figure it out" path. :)

https://github.com/potteryhouse/stoc...X_Instructions

The files in the download are arranged a little differently than described in the instructions.

General installation (also discussed within the last three pages),
    1. Place/merge the files in the admin/includes folders (there are folders in the includes/modules and includes/templates that should be "manually" lined up with your template folder)
    2. Go into the folder for your version of ZC and repeat,
    3. Using your admin filepath (ie. while logged into the admin) goto: stores_admin_site_with_folder_path/stock_by_attr_install.php

Plugin Contributions

Well, I got the github version installed and it is working.... for the most part. I have my cart set to be able to add an item to the cart even if it is out of stock (I want to be able to do pre-orders and not sure how else to do that), but I want the warning to show. Unfortunately, the latter part is not happening. I have tried to find the answer but there are sooooooo many different forum threads for sooooooo many different versions that I cannot keep fixes straight.

For example: I have grey hoodies but only in Med, large, and XL in stock. When I add a small one to the cart, it does NOT display the out of stock notification.

Alana

Plugin Contributions

Well, I got the github version installed and it is working.... for the most part. I have my cart set to be able to add an item to the cart even if it is out of stock (I want to be able to do pre-orders and not sure how else to do that), but I want the warning to show. Unfortunately, the latter part is not happening. I have tried to find the answer but there are sooooooo many different forum threads for sooooooo many different versions that I cannot keep fixes straight.

For example: I have grey hoodies but only in Med, large, and XL in stock. When I add a small one to the cart, it does NOT display the out of stock notification.

Alana
    Well, can only help so much... Be nice to know settings, variant configuration, associated quantities, etc... Otherwise operating pretty blindly...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Well, can only help so much... Be nice to know settings, variant configuration, associated quantities, etc... Otherwise operating pretty blindly...
    Settings: Configuration/Stock - Check Stock level, Subtract stock, and allow checkout are all True and mark product out of stock is set with ***. SBA settings are all defaults with only Display Search Box only and Display Attributes Images are set to False.

Variant Configuration: one color as a radio box and multiple sizes in a drop down menu.

Associated quantities: small (0), medium (1), large (1), XL (2), 2XL (0), 3XL (0).

Is this what you are needing? If you need something else specific, let me know.

I also have T-shirts that come in 3 different colors and the same 6 different sizes. Each one is set up with 0 quantity. These DO show up as out of stock.

You can check it out at www.sevenslotsyndicate.com/cart...by the way, this is not a live site.
    Last edited by jnabird333; 5 Jan 2016 at 03:52 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Settings: Configuration/Stock - Check Stock level, Subtract stock, and allow checkout are all True and mark product out of stock is set with ***. SBA settings are all defaults with only Display Search Box only and Display Attributes Images are set to False.

Variant Configuration: one color as a radio box and multiple sizes in a drop down menu.

Associated quantities: small (0), medium (1), large (1), XL (2), 2XL (0), 3XL (0).

Is this what you are needing? If you need something else specific, let me know.

I also have T-shirts that come in 3 different colors and the same 6 different sizes. Each one is set up with 0 quantity. These DO show up as out of stock.

You can check it out at www.sevenslotsyndicate.com/cart...by the way, this is not a live site.
    Regarding the problem product... Is the single radio box by design (choice) or is it a result of having only one color active on a dropdown box?

Is the option name id for the first product the same as the second?

What is the quantity of grey entered for the first product? Really though, if you are offering grey medium, grey large and grey XL (plus all the others that are to have zero quantity), then it makes more sense for each variant to be described that way if the color is going to be described as an attribute... Ie. Grey small (0), Grey Medium (1), Grey Large (1), Grey XL (2), etc...

Plugin Contributions

Did figure out that if tried to obtain 5 (one more than the total available) that then the product showed as out-of-stock...

Is there a reason you're not using the dynamic dropdowns aspect? It cares for/displays the out-of-stock on page (in the list) rather than waiting for the product to be added to the cart to discover that. And the terminology can be changed in the file definitions to show back-order instead of out-of-stock or something like that...

Also from the post at the top of the previous page:

Under Configuration->Dynamic Dropdowns->Use ZC default HTML Attribute Tags

set it to false if it is not
    Last edited by mc12345678; 5 Jan 2016 at 04:38 AM.