Page 279 of 356 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.3.5-1.3.9

Quote Originally Posted by Zoloworld View Post
    here is the link here -->http://underworldfigures.com/index.p...products_id=67

I am using Zen cart 1.5.0
    While not specifically an issue, be advised that little has been done to make improvements to the radio option of the original Dynamic Dropdowns. There are likely aspects of its display left to be desired, for example the above sample product has two out of three options that are out-of-stock, but the default selection is on one of the already out-of-stock items and the other is selectable. Not necessarily a problem if the store is allowed to sell on back order, but it is a condition that could be improved. Also, by allowing dynamic dropdowns to support single attributes then missing out on the benefits of the SBA added option name dropdown type that was created to support informative display for single attributes.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    While not specifically an issue, be advised that little has been done to make improvements to the radio option of the original Dynamic Dropdowns. There are likely aspects of its display left to be desired, for example the above sample product has two out of three options that are out-of-stock, but the default selection is on one of the already out-of-stock items and the other is selectable. Not necessarily a problem if the store is allowed to sell on back order, but it is a condition that could be improved. Also, by allowing dynamic dropdowns to support single attributes then missing out on the benefits of the SBA added option name dropdown type that was created to support informative display for single attributes.
    I am not sure what you are saying here my friend. I want to use the full versatility of the add on. I have shirts that have multiple colors and sizes along with quantities of each. I was not sure the extent of the versatility.

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure what you are saying here my friend. I want to use the full versatility of the add on. I have shirts that have multiple colors and sizes along with quantities of each. I was not sure the extent of the versatility.
    A few details/things. Now that SBA has been installed there is an additional option name (ON) type called SBA Select List (Dropdown) Basic that is only needed when a product has a single attribute (SA). The software has three different perspectives with which it deals: a SA for a product (ie. Color only), multiple attributes (MA) like size and color, and an alternate MA situation where each attribute is tracked independently but is offered as a MA grouping (still dependent driven options, but stock availability is based on the most restrictive quantity within the selections made.)‎

Potteryhouse got SBA to work with a SA and had developed the discussed ON type which was his business need. In that development, an attribute assigned to a product that wasn't tracked by SBA offered the standard dropdown operation. ##Therefore there is no significant "impact" of an ON being assigned to a product that isn't used by SBA. ‎

Dynamic dropdowns (DD) was developed many years ago and while there were some logic issues, it had all of the right "tools" to function as desired/expected. There remain some implementation issues with the current version, mainly the effect of its use when javascript (JS) is ##disabled or as a result of the page pre-install fails validation. ‎

So, when trying to take SBA to the "next step", it was important to maintain potteryhouse's existing capability and incorporate handling/presenting MA selections through DD. Then of course integrating that with installation. The default values are set to support the 3 above arrangements except there is one user action needed to use the SBA Select List (Dropdown) Basic option name type because SBA has not been written to take over dropdowns. It could be done, I just find that such takeover too intrusive when an alternate means is available though it would help to have documentation.

So for the site setup as I see by outside inspection and the code as provided (perhaps someone has done some work in the past to help you use the Dynamic Dropdowns features‎), is that at least the Dynamic Dropdowns options have been changed to either work for all SBA tracked (1) or for Single-Attribute Only (3). Also that the product info single attribute display plugin is set to single_radioset. My suggestion for maximum use/view of options would be to restore the Enable Dynamic Dropdowns option to 2 (On for Multi-Attribute Only). And then go into the option name manager, select the option name(s) that are used as single attributes on a product and if they are stock related set them to SBA Select List (Dropdown) Basic.

Plugin Contributions

I do not have the option to set to "2" on the DD menu. All I have is this screen cap I am providing. Name:  Screenshot from 2017-09-14 11-30-54.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  42.2 KB
    I am trying to use the full functionality of this add-on, but I am sure there is something that is either missing or doing wrong on the back end.

Plugin Contributions

In addition, the second drop down menu comes up blank. It shows the name, but not the attributes in the box. For example, It says "Sizes",but the interior to the box is blank. I am trying to also resolve this issue.

Plugin Contributions

I do not have the option to set to "2" on the DD menu. All I have is this screen cap I am providing. Name:  Screenshot from 2017-09-14 11-30-54.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  42.2 KB
    I am trying to use the full functionality of this add-on, but I am sure there is something that is either missing or doing wrong on the back end.
    In addition, the second drop down menu comes up blank. It shows the name, but not the attributes in the box. For example, It says "Sizes",but the interior to the box is blank. I am trying to also resolve this issue.
    The second relates to the first. So should be resolved once the Dynamic Dropdowns menu is correct.

Suggestion is to access the configuration->Products with Attributes Stock (aka SBA) Setup
    And from the dropdown menu select: Remove Configuration Settings.
    Then again select Full/Upgrade DB Install

Your dynamic dropdowns menu should be "restored" to what is expected. If not, and I know it sounds crazy, perform the remove two times, then full upgrade (shouldn't be necessary since the remove addresses all occurrences of the historical DD not just a single instance).

Plugin Contributions

It is odd, but the same issue is still happening. I removed the configuration and then did a Full/Upgrade DB install.

Plugin Contributions

It is odd, but the same issue is still happening. I removed the configuration and then did a Full/Upgrade DB install.
    Does that mean that the dynamic dropdowns menu has not been "refreshed"? Suggest trying to log out and then log back in as another action.

Were there any errors presented when the remove was performed? Ie. What messages did the process present below the dropdown when selecting to remove the configuration and selecting the Run Script button?

Plugin Contributions

The issue was not a total upgrade on my part with the files. i now have the menus. Thank you so much for pointing that out. I will follow your advice on the set-up and see if this is ok.

Plugin Contributions

The issue was not a total upgrade on my part with the files. i now have the menus. Thank you so much for pointing that out. I will follow your advice on the set-up and see if this is ok.
    Glad that part got corrected.

Now, though I see your issue. I'm not where I can provide clear direction, but css needs to be used to cause the text color of the dropdown to not be white. Suggest pressing F12 and investigating what color "feature" is causing your text box text to be white instead of black...