Page 3 of 356 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by trollboy View Post
    I have some products for which I was to keep track of stock by attributes,
    and some for which I want to keep track of total stock regardless of attributes.
    Is it possible to decide which products should appear in the stock by attributes list?
    I have installed the mod and all my products with attributes appear there.
    If don't put in numbers for product variants then it treats my total stock as zero.

Do I have to either keep track of the stock of all products via attrabutes or none, or can I mix and match?
    The mod displays all products, but only stock by attributes for those products for which you explicitly choose to set attribute stock.

Once you decide to set attribute stock, you must do so for all variants available for that product and any variants not set will be assumed to have no stock. However, you can remove all the variants and revert to managing stock at the product level if you wish.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    I have just noticed that this module is not substracting my stock level when I have received an order. My settings in admin are:

Check stock level true
    Subtract stock true
    Allow Checkout false

I am not sure when this has stopped working, as before the 1.3.5 release of ZenCart it worked fine. And have upgraded to 'stock_by_attributes_4.2' when I noticed that no attributes were displayed with the older version after upgrade.

I also have noticed that I have 2 entries of 'products by attributes stock' in my manager under the catalog entry.

What can I do to fix it?
    I'm open to correction, but the only way that I can see to get the symptoms that you describe would be to upgrade to Zen Cart 1.3.5, then re-install whatever older version of Stock by Attributes you were using. Then install version 4.2 without first removing the files for the older version.

TRemoving these older files is more critical for this releases 4.x of this mod than would normally be the case since when I upgraded it for 1.3.5 I also removed a number of dubious practises that went way back, and made better use of the over-rides system than was probably available to older versions. As a result, you can't install 4.2 by simply over-writing your existing setup. You must remove those old files not now used by this mod. I suspect that something in one of them is what's causing you these problems.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gerda View Post
    I have installed this twice and after inserting many attributes stock, both were not working anymore. Suddenly the page can`t show and I am not able to insert no more attributes stock. Do you have any idea about that.

Gerda
    You haven't given me much to go on here Gerda. When you say that you have installed this mod twice and both are not working anymore, do you mean that you are trying to run two versions of the mod at the same time. If so, I would not expect it work. You would need top remove all traces of the older version and ideally re-install the new on to ensure that you had a clean fileset from the beginning.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarcus66 View Post
    I am looking for solutions for a friend of mine who wants to list property on a website for people to rent. I wondered if this stock by attribute would allow you to list a property and use availability attributes to allow people to select a set of dates.

My question made simple is does this mod allow you to setup availability of attributes?
    Mark

You could do this by setting up each availability range as an attribute and then assigning each an attribute stock of '1'.

That would work, but it really feels like a taking a sledgehammer to a nut. I feel that there must be a better solution and just wish that I could think of it!

Plugin Contributions

Hey I am a danish girl and not wery good in english, but I removed the mod and installed it again and it worked for some time and then suddenly it doesn`t work anymore. If I drain the table in the database, the mod works for a while, but when I have added a cuple of stocks again it stops work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gerda View Post
    Hey I am a danish girl and not wery good in english, but I removed the mod and installed it again and it worked for some time and then suddenly it doesn`t work anymore. If I drain the table in the database, the mod works for a while, but when I have added a cuple of stocks again it stops work.
    Hey Gerda, your English is much better than my Danish and you are perfectly understandable.

Could you give me some more details though. Which version or versions of the mod have you installed? Which version of Zen Cart are you using? What process did you use for removing the mod?

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi,

I am in the process of upgrading my cart to version 1.3.6, and have only installed your update 4.2, so far everything seems to be working ok.

Will keep you posted if I see anything unusual.

Are there any database files that I should delete that are left over from daniels older version?

Thanks, Goshawk
    Time is but an illusion, there is only "now"!

Plugin Contributions

Hey, I`m using Zencart 1.3.5. and the mod is 4.2. I just deleted the old installations files and installed again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The mod displays all products, but only stock by attributes for those products for which you explicitly choose to set attribute stock.

Once you decide to set attribute stock, you must do so for all variants available for that product and any variants not set will be assumed to have no stock. However, you can remove all the variants and revert to managing stock at the product level if you wish.
    That is what I thought should happen, but t doesn't seem to be working properly. When I look at the Stock by Attributes admin page, the stock appears at the product level for any products for which I haven't set indivdual stocks by attribute. However, when I try and buy one of these products, the shopping cart tells me that there s not enough stock. If I "synchronise stock" on the Stock by Attributes admin page the stock value gets reset to zero, It seems as though the stock at the product level is not being recognised.
    Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Plugin Contributions

I have installed this mod, but I am not sure if this is normal. I have a size set up for selling shirts. I only have them in size M,L,XL, but my attribute is for all sizes, so it includes S and XXL, XXXL. But I have zero of these in stock, but they are still showing up on the items page. Is this normal? Is there a way to make it so that the items not in stock don't show up as options?

Thanks,
    Bob

Page 3 of 356 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast