Page 317 of 356 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.5.0-1.5.6

i want to add a field for barcode_cart or (sku). i use zen-cart as a pos system with a barcode scanner, how can i scan the product and get the attribute? When i use attributes for lets say a tube of white silicone caulk it will have the barcode for white when i want brown, once barcode scanned automatically added to cart, cant choose attribute

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
    i want to add a field for barcode_cart or (sku). i use zen-cart as a pos system with a barcode scanner, how can i scan the product and get the attribute? When i use attributes for lets say a tube of white silicone caulk it will have the barcode for white when i want brown, once barcode scanned automatically added to cart, cant choose attribute
    I'm a little confused by the question, but think that it can be easily cleared up.

As I understand, the current condition is that scanning of a product gives just the base product with whatever attribute(s) are set as default. The desire is to scan and get the specific product. Further, there appears to be a problem where once the current default product is scanned, it is not possible on the shopping cart page to modify that product selection.

So, to the last thing and depending on the site's setup, once this default product is scanned and in the cart, selection of that product should return to the product's page with those attributes selected. The change should be able to be made and again added to the cart and then the previous product removable. This is obviously not ideal. Depending on other software installed there may be a problem with that return to the product page process, but that's a separate discussion.

Outright, there currently is no default option to modify the attributes directly from within the shopping cart, that would require additional coding which is possible and may exist but at the moment I am not aware of it.

So, to the first part, what it seems like is needed is a way to perform the scan, take that information and look it up and then perform the cart addition. It sounds like a portion of that process is already in place (scan a product and lookup something, but the lookup does not include the data added for this module). If that is all that seems to be missing, then I think a relatively simple lookup can be done in the associated SBA table to identify the attribute(s) related. One issue I could see is if two different product end up having the same custom_id (which is the field that I would recommend containing your lookup field).

If this is what you are seeking, then please let me know, for some reason I can't recall if there is a function that looks up the data based on the custom_id or not, though I thought there was. It would be in the main class file if it existed and if not, I would recommend it being there. The result(s) should include the possibility of duplicate results and if there are duplicates available an option presented to select which one applies...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Have you checked that the page passes html validation? wondering if there is an issue with the content of the page before making the first selection.
    Ah! I didn't and didn't even consider it a possibility. On my way to validate.

Plugin Contributions

Have you checked that the page passes html validation? wondering if there is an issue with the content of the page before making the first selection.
    Validated, and nope. It didn't make a difference at all.

Plugin Contributions

tubes of caulk are white, grey, black, brown and almond. each 1 has a model # (custom_id) and a barcode. a customer brings to the counter a brown caulk and i scan it with a barcode scanner(I do have this working on main products but only on the Point of sale page where i can enter model or a barcode), i want it to scan the brown attribute barcode and automatically add brown to the cart. i thought about changing the description tab to say barcode but need to look up that field. to look up by barcode on catalog side just have to add to search result default i think.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    Validated, and nope. It didn't make a difference at all.
    Had a moment to look some things over, apparently I have locally resolved this in the 3.2.1 branch, but have not updated GitHub to reflect the capability that I thought was available to all. That said, you should see on the site that the recent issue discussed is resolved. I will be posting the fix to GitHub soon, but want to try to make it clean commits.

Plugin Contributions

Had a moment to look some things over, apparently I have locally resolved this in the 3.2.1 branch, but have not updated GitHub to reflect the capability that I thought was available to all. That said, you should see on the site that the recent issue discussed is resolved. I will be posting the fix to GitHub soon, but want to try to make it clean commits.
    Thank you for taking the time to look into it!
    I'll download the corrected version as soon as it's available.

Plugin Contributions

I'm trying to install this addon into my existing cart running 1.5.4 and I'm stuck on what is basically the first step.

Create a new database table and a new configuration switch by running the 'stock_attribute.sql' via Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches.

The zip from github does not include the stock_attribute.sql file. Where do I find this file?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tjetzer View Post
    I'm trying to install this addon into my existing cart running 1.5.4 and I'm stuck on what is basically the first step.

Create a new database table and a new configuration switch by running the 'stock_attribute.sql' via Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches.

The zip from github does not include the stock_attribute.sql file. Where do I find this file?
    Generally speaking, the code has advanced from those earlier instructions to where there is now an installer for the sql portion.

The general install process is pretty much the following now:
    Obtain the software from https://github.com/mc12345678/stock_...butes_combined by selecting the green button on the right and download the zip file.
    Load/merge the files found in the includes and admin folders with those of your site (there are a few files in the includes/modules and includes/templates directories that need to merge with your current template.)
    Access the folder for your version of ZC, there is a single folder for both 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 because of their similarities and improvements that should be maintained regardless which version.

Access the admin install file by logging into your admin and then modifying the browser path to goto: admin/stock_by_attr_install.php

Where admin is the folder name for your admin.

Then there are two configuration groups added: Dynamic Dropdowns and Products with Attributes Stock (aka SBA) Setup, configuration settings added to Stock and one to Attribute Settings.

There is some help within the above admin install file accessed through: Products with Attributes Stock (aka SBA) Setup. In particular, if you have product that you wish to have use features made available by this module such as to identify attributes that are out-of-stock, the quantity remaining, etc, then the option name type should be modified to use the SBA Simple Select (dropdown) type that is added as part of install (may require logging out and back in to see this selection). Otherwise the default is set to properly use dynamic dropdowns for product having multiple attributes (option names) and to attempt to use the above for product having only a single attribute. There are still some limitations of using the software for up front customer notification, but it is expected that product that are tracked by SBA will be rejected from being added to the cart if there is no variant defined or possible by mixing single attributes or a defined variant having all attributes. One of those limitations at least to exist only for a short period longer is related to read only attributes. Also once the ZC 1.5.7 attributes.php file is properly incorporated, then there will be some improvements seen in some of the above.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All, :)

I'm guessing that the image is the issue mvstudio is experiencing?

Name:  attributes-showing-price.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  43.8 KB