Page 329 of 356 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
    how to add customid to advanced search result
    jimmie
    For a default ZC store, be sure to have the file provided in the main fileset: includes/classes/observers/auto.advanced_search_categories_custom_id.php

Works for ZC 1.5.6 and expected to work for ZC 1.5.7. Otherwise will need to identify the version of ZC and changes that have been made to the search feature...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hello there,
    I am just wondering if I am able to make the following code excerpts changed somehow (using 1.57 zencart, php 7.3.22) as I get the following error logs:-

PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /chroot/home/gemtree/thegemtree.com/html/includes/templates/goodwin/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php
    for ($k = 0, $m = count($options_name); $k < $m; $k++) {
    for($i=0, $j=count($options_name); $i<$j; $i++) {
    they come at line 109 and 138. I have been looking up example codes to add to the line above, but they mention 'row' and think this might not be zencart compliant. Not sure if anybody has had any success?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    Hello there,
    I am just wondering if I am able to make the following code excerpts changed somehow (using 1.57 zencart, php 7.3.22) as I get the following error logs:-

they come at line 109 and 138. I have been looking up example codes to add to the line above, but they mention 'row' and think this might not be zencart compliant. Not sure if anybody has had any success?
    It would appear that the ZC 1.5.7 version of includes/modules/attributes.php is not being used in this environment or there is something that is modifying $options_name away from an empty array when a product with attributes is provided that doesn't have an $options_name value...

SBA has been modified to support ZC 1.5.7 by not requiring an associated includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php override file allowing the use of the now "default" version of the attributes.php file (though there was a modification that was incorporated to the originally provided ZC 1.5.7 version here: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/3738/files). Hmmm, thought it was also identified in the 1.5.7 bugs list, but I don't see it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It would appear that the ZC 1.5.7 version of includes/modules/attributes.php is not being used in this environment or there is something that is modifying $options_name away from an empty array when a product with attributes is provided that doesn't have an $options_name value...

SBA has been modified to support ZC 1.5.7 by not requiring an associated includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php override file allowing the use of the now "default" version of the attributes.php file (though there was a modification that was incorporated to the originally provided ZC 1.5.7 version here: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/3738/files). Hmmm, thought it was also identified in the 1.5.7 bugs list, but I don't see it.
    I beg your pardon, I think during merge upgrade I assumed it was still part of the code for SBA and overlooked that it needed removing. I have put the 1.57 attributes.php file as you suggested. Sorry about that! I was looking to see how to remove my post or edit as it is my oversight, happy for the moderators to remove as necessary. Thanks for your help! Going through the debug logs to tidy up deprecated / php warnings is hard work! For me anyway ha

Plugin Contributions

I beg your pardon, I think during merge upgrade I assumed it was still part of the code for SBA and overlooked that it needed removing. I have put the 1.57 attributes.php file as you suggested. Sorry about that! I was looking to see how to remove my post or edit as it is my oversight, happy for the moderators to remove as necessary. Thanks for your help! Going through the debug logs to tidy up deprecated / php warnings is hard work! For me anyway ha
    No worries. Also, I would imagine that the discussion would likely help others that go the same route. Instructions on how to install and/or upgrade would help prevent that type issue. Personally I find that the new attributes.php file covers a lot of new ground and offers a great deal of flexibility in responding to attribute type demands. DrByte did a lot of work to come up with the new revision.

Just an FYI, again, there is no longer a need for there to be an includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php file at least for SBA.

That of course also depends on incorporating the other software associated with the plugin that has been updated to use that attributes.php as well as to still "work" with the older version. The issue raised though is inherent with the attributes.php file and more stringent "requirements" of php. Ie a lower version of php (without strict enforcement) would not have generated that type of warning which is one reason that the file was "ok" in the past. :)

Anyways, please be sure to evaluate the latest files for the module in relation to your upgrade/rebuild. Again, the includes and admin base directories support the basic operation of the software and then the folder for the associated Zen Cart version is setup to provide the file(s) necessary for that version of ZC. Because those files are effectively template override files, blank versions of removed files are not provided. Basically in an "upgrade" situation, if a file existed in a previous ZC version(s) folder and does not exist in the current/upgraded folder, then any modifications in the previous version do not need to be carried over to the new version... In some cases changes should be removed, in others a file could be removed. In all though as ZC versions go up, less template and/or core files have needed to be touched. More than likely jQuery could be used to remove many of the other file edits in support of adding items to "lists" of things. I'm not there yet though. :) I already have one (probably unnecessary) "trick" I have to undo in support of php 8... :/

Plugin Contributions

No worries. Also, I would imagine that the discussion would likely help others that go the same route. Instructions on how to install and/or upgrade would help prevent that type issue. Personally I find that the new attributes.php file covers a lot of new ground and offers a great deal of flexibility in responding to attribute type demands. DrByte did a lot of work to come up with the new revision.

Just an FYI, again, there is no longer a need for there to be an includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php file at least for SBA.

That of course also depends on incorporating the other software associated with the plugin that has been updated to use that attributes.php as well as to still "work" with the older version. The issue raised though is inherent with the attributes.php file and more stringent "requirements" of php. Ie a lower version of php (without strict enforcement) would not have generated that type of warning which is one reason that the file was "ok" in the past. :)

Anyways, please be sure to evaluate the latest files for the module in relation to your upgrade/rebuild. Again, the includes and admin base directories support the basic operation of the software and then the folder for the associated Zen Cart version is setup to provide the file(s) necessary for that version of ZC. Because those files are effectively template override files, blank versions of removed files are not provided. Basically in an "upgrade" situation, if a file existed in a previous ZC version(s) folder and does not exist in the current/upgraded folder, then any modifications in the previous version do not need to be carried over to the new version... In some cases changes should be removed, in others a file could be removed. In all though as ZC versions go up, less template and/or core files have needed to be touched. More than likely jQuery could be used to remove many of the other file edits in support of adding items to "lists" of things. I'm not there yet though. :) I already have one (probably unnecessary) "trick" I have to undo in support of php 8... :/
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I thought possibly it might help somebody else. I will remember that, and I will be a bit more thorough when updating in future.

Its sage advice you have given with to that regards. Gosh PHP 8 no doubt another lot of php warnings to come then haha :-)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. Yes I thought possibly it might help somebody else. I will remember that, and I will be a bit more thorough when updating in future.

Its sage advice you have given with to that regards. Gosh PHP 8 no doubt another lot of php warnings to come then haha :-)
    You're welcome, it is because of reports like this that either things can be made better or others can solve their similar problem or realize that they too can contribute to the solution(s). Thank you again for bringing it up and being patient/understanding with my replies.

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone.
    I have a question.
    I'm working on an art website, and I'm looking at replacing the SOLD OUT that appears next to the attribute, with a red dot instead.
    I've tried adding an image in the defines, but it won't work.
    I've tried changing the text SOLD OUT for just a simple '.' styling it as a class using CSS, but it won't work either.
    Is there a way to do what I'm trying to accomplish without going above my very limited php knowledge?

Thank you in advance for any help you could provide.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I have a question.
    I'm working on an art website, and I'm looking at replacing the SOLD OUT that appears next to the attribute, with a red dot instead.
    I've tried adding an image in the defines, but it won't work.
    I've tried changing the text SOLD OUT for just a simple '.' styling it as a class using CSS, but it won't work either.
    Is there a way to do what I'm trying to accomplish without going above my very limited php knowledge?

Thank you in advance for any help you could provide.
    The ability to "style" the content adjacent to the attribute depends most on the type of attribute being used. For example, if the attribute type (controllable by admin->products->options name manager) is a dropdown or select type attribute, then unfortunately html prevents doing styling in that "simple" type selector. That would require a javascript type application to handle. If it is a radio button or checkbox, then things are different as those are more html friendly.

That said, a link always helps to see what is going on and possibly how to help. Can PM if not able to post in some cryptic way. :)

Plugin Contributions

The ability to "style" the content adjacent to the attribute depends most on the type of attribute being used. For example, if the attribute type (controllable by admin->products->options name manager) is a dropdown or select type attribute, then unfortunately html prevents doing styling in that "simple" type selector. That would require a javascript type application to handle. If it is a radio button or checkbox, then things are different as those are more html friendly.

That said, a link always helps to see what is going on and possibly how to help. Can PM if not able to post in some cryptic way. :)
    Thank you for the reply! Forgot to mention the attribute in question is a dropdown menu. It's a shame that cannot be done with just simple CSS =(
    The website is www.manuelavalenti.com. If you register an account I'll approve you right away. I just have it private for now as I'm working on it, and don't want to display the "we're working" page.

Question, if I decide to go the javascript route, would that entire dropdown be affected by say someone who has disabled java? Would it still be functional and perhaps instead display a "sold" text in place of a red dot?