Page 4 of 356 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

If you go into catalog/products with attributes stock, you are able to delete the attributes that you do not need for each item Somehow you must have imported all atributes available to all your products. I don't know if their is a quick way around it.

Goshawk
    Time is but an illusion, there is only "now"!

Plugin Contributions

Does this version also work for 1.3.6? Anyone using it now?

Plugin Contributions

I have a version for 1.3.6 but haven't had time to test it yet. Apologies to others who have asked questions, I will be back to answer them when pressure of work permits, in the meamtime, hopefully other members of the community can help.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

red flag How do I disable this mod?

I installed the mod and it seems to work as promised. Nice job. However, my client apparently does not want to deal with adjusting stock levels for every variation of product. Is there a way to disable this and go back to the old way?

Is there a switch or do I need to copy over some "new" files with original ones?

Thanks,

Chris

Plugin Contributions

application error Removal of Stock by Attribute v4.0 causing FATAL ERRORS!

Anyone???

I replaced all the overwritten files with the original, but am now getting the following error after checkout from the shopping cart:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class httpclient in /home/chubby/public_html/shop/includes/classes/http_client.php on line 22

I gotta launch this thing in the next coupla days. Any help is appreciated.

Chris

Plugin Contributions

My fix for this (rather, a workaround) was that I had to KEEP the changed version of header_php.php in the modules/pages/checkout_shipping. The original version of the file was causing the error for some reason.

Anyway, it works and attribute stock is not required. I basically deleted and replaced all the changed files with originals (excepting above) and deleted the new database entries/tables.

PL

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    I have a version for 1.3.6 but haven't had time to test it yet. Apologies to others who have asked questions, I will be back to answer them when pressure of work permits, in the meamtime, hopefully other members of the community can help.
    I hope that you release your version for 1.3.6 soon. When I installed stock by attribute on 1.3.6, I encountered a minor bug. When you try to change Configuration>'show stock when low', there is a error message:
    Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/user/public_html/admin/configuration.php(192) : eval()'d code on line 1
    So I just left this field unchanged. Anyway, I think this is just a minor bug and the problem probably came from admin/products_with_attributes_stock.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank_lyy View Post
    I hope that you release your version for 1.3.6 soon. When I installed stock by attribute on 1.3.6, I encountered a minor bug. When you try to change Configuration>'show stock when low', there is a error message:

So I just left this field unchanged. Anyway, I think this is just a minor bug and the problem probably came from admin/products_with_attributes_stock.php
    Problem solved!! Sorry, my mistake. The problem was cause by myself. I changed stock_attribute sql syntax when installing the first time in light of my past experience with contribs installations such as super order 2.0.

Now, I simply reinstalled the stock_attribute.sql as it is. Problem solved.

It seems like this contrib is working with 1.3.6 so far.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.3 for Zen Cart 1.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by frank_lyy View Post
    Problem solved!! Sorry, my mistake. The problem was cause by myself. I changed stock_attribute sql syntax when installing the first time in light of my past experience with contribs installations such as super order 2.0.

Now, I simply reinstalled the stock_attribute.sql as it is. Problem solved.

It seems like this contrib is working with 1.3.6 so far.
    Hi Frank. Glad you solved the problem, and thanks for posting the answer. It's always helpful when people do that as Zen Cart now has such a large base that sooner or later somebody else will probably do something similar.

The Zen Cart 1.3.6 version (mod version 4.3) is now available in the download section. Due to my other commitments it's less extensively tested than previous releases. The changes shouldn't have introduced any new problems, but if you find any please post them.

I strongly recommend upgrading to this version as it incorporates some of the security changes added to Zen Cart 1.3.6.

If you are using languages other than English or French, you will need to make some minor adjustments to the language files, otherwise upgrading is simply a matter of overwriting your existing mod files.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    Kuroi,

I am in the process of upgrading my cart to version 1.3.6, and have only installed your update 4.2, so far everything seems to be working ok.

Will keep you posted if I see anything unusual.

Are there any database files that I should delete that are left over from daniels older version?

Thanks, Goshawk
    No there are database files to delete. When I upgraded this for 1.3.5 I used the same table structure as Daniel's version (I don't like it, but it ensured compatibility until the official Zen Cart version comes along).

As you are running Zen Cart 1.3.6, I recommend upgrading to mod version 4.3 for the reasons explained to Frank in my previous post.

Page 4 of 356 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast