Page 55 of 356 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5+

Is this possible with this module, anyone?
    If not is there another module better suited? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Not directly with this mod, but it can be extended to do it. It's discussed several times in this thread already and there are pointers to information needed in the mod's FAQ.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Oops, sorry I must've missed it. Will take another look.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

For historical reasons, two big support threads developed for this mod ... worth looking (make that searching) in both. A good search term for this is "Grayson", though you would need to read on from there, as later posts explain further changes as a result of amendments to Zen Cart's structure in later versions.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Mod allowing checkout when there's insufficient stock, even when the Admin Settings say not to.

That would be this bead I think. The problem has been dealt with and is gone.

As Ellie observes, quite a few people have complained about this problem and so I have recently gone behind a few of their sites to look into this. In every case the issue has proven to be that not all the files needed by the mod had been installed.

The quick test for other people having this problem is to download the includes/classes/order.php file from their site. If line 8 doesn't say something like the line below then there is a problem with the installation.

This is most likely due to a problem with the way in which the files are being FTP'd. Most likely because it involves overwriting some existing Zen Cart files and your FTP client may need you to confirm that you wish to do this. It's even possible that some FTP clients assume that the mod's files with an earlier timestamp than a later Zen Cart installation are less current than the files already there and just ignore the older but vital files.

However, whatever the reason, anybody else tempted to post on this problem should first check that they have the correct version of the above file installed on their site.
    I know this has been repeatedly diagnosed as files not being installed properly but I've done everything I can think of and I still can't get this mod to work. This is not my first attempt at installing a mod before and i've never had a problem! I have zen cart vs. 1.3.8a and I installed the Stock by Attribute 4.7MULTIADD (downloaded a week ago from the contrib page) I use DreamWeaver for my uploads but I have also tried transferring the files through windows explorer. I have the site in maintenance mode but this is the address: www.jensonsstore.com/store

And my orders.php file says " * @version $Id: order.php 0000 2007-12-02 00:00:00Z kuroi $"

No matter what I do it doesn't control attribute stock only the product stock.

My customer wanted this site up tomorrow so they can get in on some of the christmas shopping that starts this weekend and be able to notify customers before they go on vacation! I've been struggling with this for 4 days!!!
    Last edited by wendyshirai; 25 Nov 2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: correcting info

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind. I gave it one more attempt and it is finally working. not sure what i did different from the last 10 times i tried. but TG it's working now!

Plugin Contributions

Default kuroi, you sir, are a legend.

I've just trawled through 55 pages, 548 messages and lost about 5 hours of my life to this thread (not to mention the previous older thread too) in order to make the changes I wanted to the stock by attributes mod.
    From start to end kuroi has provided regular and excellent support for this mod which, through no fault of his own, is far from perfect but nonetheless essential for many of us.

kuroi, I just want to doff my hat in your direction. Because f**k me, you've spent a lot of time on these forums, amassed an almost unfathomable number of posts and have a lot of patience for a lot of forum users who take a lot and give back little.

So seriously, thank you. Lets hope SbA and Zen Cart 1.4 come sooner rather than later because I think you're about ready for retirement.

On another note, anyone know how I can move the [1 in stock] to the end of the menu AFTER the price in the drop down menu...
    Example of what I mean here:
    http://www.tradersupplies.co.uk/inde...roducts_id=273

It seems a bit odd how the stock number comes before the price. I know Grayson posted a solution to this but his modifications to attributes.php don't seem to work on the latest version of SbA.

Plugin Contributions

Aw shucks

I've never actually done what you've already suceeded in doing (never had the need) so this is a complete stab in the dark, but is there anything at around about line 31-32 of tpl_modules_attributes.php that might help you?

P.S. Grayson is a lady.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Mod allowing checkout when there's insufficient stock, even when the Admin Settings say not to.

That would be this bead I think. The problem has been dealt with and is gone.

As Ellie observes, quite a few people have complained about this problem and so I have recently gone behind a few of their sites to look into this. In every case the issue has proven to be that not all the files needed by the mod had been installed.

The quick test for other people having this problem is to download the includes/classes/order.php file from their site. If line 8 doesn't say something like the line below then there is a problem with the installation.

This is most likely due to a problem with the way in which the files are being FTP'd. Most likely because it involves overwriting some existing Zen Cart files and your FTP client may need you to confirm that you wish to do this. It's even possible that some FTP clients assume that the mod's files with an earlier timestamp than a later Zen Cart installation are less current than the files already there and just ignore the older but vital files.

However, whatever the reason, anybody else tempted to post on this problem should first check that they have the correct version of the above file installed on their site.
    Hi. I'm having the same problem and it's not the order.php file... Everything else seems to be working so before I start messing with files, any idea which ones may be the culprit?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by laurenjj View Post
    Hi. I'm having the same problem and it's not the order.php file... Everything else seems to be working so before I start messing with files, any idea which ones may be the culprit?
    The other problem that has been seen occasionally is the presence of backup files mixed with the live files. Created either by the person doing then installation in case they want to go back, or automatically by an FTP client, these files are sometime inditinguishable by Zen Cart from the original files and both get executed. If the backup gets executed 2nd it can undo the work done by the file installed as part of the mod.