Plugin Contributions

Default i am messing up an upgrade, its asking for database patch ?!?

hiya
    I really shouldnt of attempted this .. i knew i would screw it all up lol
    I have tried to upgrade but its gone wrong somewhere along the line (for its gone wrong, read i've gone wrong lolol). it said in the instructions to run zc_install/index.php but i keep getting an error for that (shown below)

Warning: main(includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/costumej/public_html/zc_install/index.php on line 38

Warning: main(includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/costumej/public_html/zc_install/index.php on line 38

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/costumej/public_html/zc_install/index.php on line 38

i opened my store and got the following errors:
    The one that said i need to rename the zc_install folder (which i have done until its all sorted out)
    and this one:
    Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

When i logged into admin, it also mentions that i need to patch the database, and to get details from the tools, server thing. I went onto there and it says I have the following:
    Zen Cart 1.3.5
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.0.2

Where do i find the patch ? or how do i fix the mess i have made of this .. do i need to wipe it and start over ? I have done a search for 'database patch' but i cant find anything with the same problem. I also copy and pasted the error into the search function and it couldnt find anything

Many thanks for any help you can give
    Erica xx

oh, the addie, if you need it, is www.costumejewelleryaccessories.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: i am messing up an upgrade, its asking for database patch ?!?

Even though you have renamed the zc_install folder, you can still use it to upgrade the database. Go to yoursite.com/new_ZC_Install_directory/ and click on the continue button at the bottom of the page. Click on the radio button that you have read and agree... Then click on the continue button at the bottom of the page.
    You can ignore the big red ATTENTION and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will see another warning and a Database Upgrade button should be un-dimmed at the bottom of the page. Click on the Database Upgrade button and the system will bring your database up to date.

Plugin Contributions

hiya, and thanks for replying. no matter what that folder is called, i still get the same error message .. shown below again ..

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/costumej/public_html/zc_install/index.php on line 38

i opened index.php and looked at line 38 and it says ..
    require($page_directory . '/header_php.php');

do i need to alter that somehow to show the includes/modules/pages/index address ?
    if yes, change to what ? i dont know about code, so making it up as i go along, i would put require('includes/modules/pages/index/' . '/header_php.php'); (i kinda copied the format of line 37 lolol)

Erica xx

EDIT: I thought i might aswell give that a go, had nothing to lose lol .. and i think you know what the result is gonna be dont you .. yup, it didnt work lolol
    Last edited by Erica; 26 Sep 2006 at 08:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It sounds like your FTP program may have skipped uploading one or more files.
    ie: /zc_install/includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you .. all fixed now :)

Erica xx

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    It sounds like your FTP program may have skipped uploading one or more files.
    ie: /zc_install/includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php