Page 139 of 394 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3932
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My customer don't know what to do with GC.

Quote Originally Posted by birdoasis View Post
    Have any of you experienced confused customers with google checkout?

Earlier this week I had a customer tell me that they went to google checkout to pay but there wasn't a place to add their credit card info.

Today I had another customer write this email.

guess I dont understand the "google checkout". Wanted to order the LF2 hummingbird feeder by droll yankees. Wanted to charge it to credit card.
    Please advise. Thank you.

When I go to google checkout it has my username in the login, the order info above that, and nothing on the left.

I figured the customer didn't have a google checkout id so I decided to click on the "sign on as a different user button.

Walla the credit card form popped up, but it did take about a second or so.

I've asked my customers to try again, and one has emailed me that they still don't see a place to pay.

Any ideas?

I'm posting this in the google checkout forum as well.
    Zen Cart Ver, 1.3.7
    I haven't had this, but on a very few occassions, I've noticed myself that the GC payment page may load some parts very slow, sometimes it has taken up to 10 seconds for the area to input one's billing info to appear.
    This has nothing to do with the GC module for ZenCart, but with the GC system itself.
    You may want to tell your customers to wait a few seconds if the billing input area doesn't appear right away.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

I know this has probably been answered somewhere but I have been searching and trying to come up with a specific solution for a couple weeks now (about 40 hours trying to get this to work).

Problems:
    1. Getting authentication error. Log file says: "HTTP Basic Authentication failed. Can't retrieve Merchant Id/Key, Installed over CGI??"
    2. It's not calculating UPS and USPS shipping and using the default values instead.
    3. It's offering free shipping for everything.

I tried 3 things:

a. Used the Free Shipping module only. Result: offered free shipping on everything, even if there was a shipping weight greater than 0 and even if you did not choose free shipping for that product.

b. Used the Free Shipping Options module only. Result: offered free shipping on everything, even if it did not meet the criteria.

c. Used the Free Shipping module and Free Shipping Options module together. Result: Offered two free shipping items on the dropdown no matter what product was in the cart.After purchasing and being redirected back to the site, the item still remains in the cart.
    4. After purchasing and being redirected back to the site, the item still remains in the cart.
    5. The order is not logged in admin.
    Configuration:
    Zen Cart 1.3.7
    Microsoft IIS 6.0 Server
    MySQL 5.0.27
    PHP 5.2.1 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    Log files have write permission.
    SSL enabled for checkout
    Google Checkout latest version: v1.3RC2

SSL certificate works and is also on the google list for accepted certificates.

It is not PHP over CGI. I get an error on responsehandler.php when I set this to true and configure my .htaccess files. In fact, it's IIS, so it can't do anything with the .htaccess files anyway. So, this is set to false.

Response handler located:
    https://www.artzquest.com/googlechec...nsehandler.php
    This is entered as the API callback url in both sandbox and live production google accounts.

responsehandler_test.php:
    http://www.artzquest.com/responsehandler_test.php

Both sandbox and live Merchant ID's and Keys are correct - checked probably 15 times, copied and pasted from the google account.

Log files have write permission.

Bank account has been verified on both sandbox and live production google accounts.

I overwrote the all core files affected by the google mod and installed the files. Checked over 7 times to make sure I installed correctly. 4 times I deleted and reinstalled everything.

After testing the clean install (with fail), I added the code from one other mod manually. Tested again, and no difference to the google checkout results.

What am I missing? Why doesn't this work? Could it be that Google Checkout hasn't been tested for us on IIS servers?

Another question: do I need to password protect the googlecheckout directory, using the Merchant Id as the user and the Merchant key as the password? This page https://checkout.google.com/support/...57519&hl=en_US seems to suggest this, but I could be reading this wrong. I did try it and it didn't work. But, maybe this is another piece in the puzzle?

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

[FONT=Times New Roman]Being a novice to Zen-cart myself, after carefully following all the steps, I finally got Google Checkout to work, at least as far as paying for merchandise. However, it still failed to show "Level 2 integration." That is, it failed to adjust product inventory, add the customer, and only showed my Google Checkout default shipping prices.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]It turned out that my domain host did not have a SSL certificate installed for my website (or I should say I did not buy one when I set it up). My domain host offers a shared SSL certificate for my domain (through which I can link to googleresponsehandler.php), but the certificate works only with html pages, not php pages like Zen-cart. Also I have a budget domain package with a dynamic IP. So I would also have to convert to a dedicated IP to have SSL certificate with my domain host. The total cost of the changes is over $100.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Now the funny thing is the PayPal IPN doesn't require an SSL certificate and works just fine on my site.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Take home message for novices: If Google Checkout basically works, but does not change your store's admin database, you probably are missing a SSL certificate for your site (so check before you begin).[/FONT]
    Last edited by inkspot; 29 Apr 2007 at 08:38 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sitehatchery View Post
    Problems:[LIST=1][*]Getting authentication error. Log file says: "HTTP Basic Authentication failed. Can't retrieve Merchant Id/Key, Installed over CGI??"

Both sandbox and live Merchant ID's and Keys are correct - checked probably 15 times, copied and pasted from the google account.
    It is easy to pick up an extra space at the end of the merchant id and Key when copying and pasting from Google. You might check that your entries don't have this extra space at the end of them.

Plugin Contributions

inkspot, GoDaddy's TurboSSL, which works great with GoogleCheckout, is only $19.99/year or $17.99/year for two or more years.

Plugin Contributions

See Thread #1382 as a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by chain_man View Post
    It is easy to pick up an extra space at the end of the merchant id and Key when copying and pasting from Google. You might check that your entries don't have this extra space at the end of them.
    No extra space.
    Last edited by sitehatchery; 29 Apr 2007 at 10:20 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Being a novice to Zen-cart myself, after carefully following all the steps, I finally got Google Checkout to work, at least as far as paying for merchandise. However, it still failed to show "Level 2 integration." That is, it failed to adjust product inventory, add the customer, and only showed my Google Checkout default shipping prices.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]It turned out that my domain host did not have a SSL certificate installed for my website (or I should say I did not buy one when I set it up). My domain host offers a shared SSL certificate for my domain (through which I can link to googleresponsehandler.php), but the certificate works only with html pages, not php pages like Zen-cart. Also I have a budget domain package with a dynamic IP. So I would also have to convert to a dedicated IP to have SSL certificate with my domain host. The total cost of the changes is over $100.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Now the funny thing is the PayPal IPN doesn't require an SSL certificate and works just fine on my site.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Take home message for novices: If Google Checkout basically works, but does not change your store's admin database, you probably are missing a SSL certificate for your site (so check before you begin).[/FONT]

I believe this was in response to my question (Post # 1382).

It is a private SSL certificate which the client paid for. I checked the chain of providers and there are no missing providers. Google has this on their list of accepted certificates. The host set it up for me, and I had them double check everything and they say the setup has been done correctly. Also, there are no issues when https is called for Firefox, IE6 or IE7.

Plugin Contributions

Regarding Post # 1382

Note: If you notice that responsehandler_test.php doesn't show anything useful, it's because I have googlecheckout disabled when I am not working on it.

Has google checkout been tested for IIS servers and does anyone have a successful installation on IIS?
    Last edited by sitehatchery; 29 Apr 2007 at 10:35 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Whatever was happening with the payment form not showing on Saturday morning must have been fixed because I've been selling things all day.

Hod damn!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    inkspot, GoDaddy's TurboSSL, which works great with GoogleCheckout, is only $19.99/year or $17.99/year for two or more years.
    Thanks for the tip. This is $30 cheaper than the one offered by my host, not to mention the $25 set-up fee.

Here is one other helpful diagnostic test that I discovered for trouble shooting Goggle Checkout (probably obvious for experienced users). If you set up the google checkout correctly, if you type in your web browser:

"http://[yourdomain.com]/[shop]/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php"

a user/password screen should appear, which means the .htaccess files were installed and you are using the correct directory path. However, if you get a web browser error page when you type in:

"httpS://[yourdomain.com]/[shop]/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php",

you probably have an SSL certificate issue.
    Last edited by inkspot; 30 Apr 2007 at 03:52 AM.