Page 141 of 394 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3932
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

Hi

How does a customer redeem a discount coupin? The Google Checkout button means the discount coupon box is bypassed, and there is no option in my Google acocunt to add coupons like some posts suggest.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by infocom View Post
    Hi

How does a customer redeem a discount coupin? The Google Checkout button means the discount coupon box is bypassed, and there is no option in my Google acocunt to add coupons like some posts suggest.

Thanks
    There is an option for the customer to enter a coupon when checking out on the google side.

Plugin Contributions

Is ropu no longer supporting this project?

Plugin Contributions

There was no option during checkout on Google for a coupon. There is nothing in Settings that would allow us to create Coupons either. I have posted this to Google Checkout support on a google groups and am waiting a reply.

I would have thought the Zencart Google Checkout should come after all totals are calculated not before.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by infocom View Post
    There was no option during checkout on Google for a coupon. There is nothing in Settings that would allow us to create Coupons either. I have posted this to Google Checkout support on a google groups and am waiting a reply.

I would have thought the Zencart Google Checkout should come after all totals are calculated not before.
    Either you did not install your Google Checkout right or you're using a wrong version of google checkout. I definitely get the option to enter coupon when I try to checkout using GCO. Our customers have been using different coupons as well. Keep in mind you have to login as a customer during checkout before you can see the field on the left to enter coupon.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Is ropu no longer supporting this project?
    Have not observed any ropu posts for almost a week.

Has he ditched us? Hope not. And hope he is well.

Have you checked to see if ropu has posted in any of the Google Groups Google Checkout forums for the last week? Or the forum for the OSC mod?

I still don't understand Ropu's assignment as the developer for this mod. Previously several Zen Cart volunteers were working on the mod, then later ropu become involved and he somehow took over the development on his own. Did Google directly contract with ropu to lead the mod team or takeover development? Or did Google contract with Globant which then contracted to ropu to work on the mod? Is ropu a direct hire of Globant or a contractor. Offshore outsourcing can be a real mystery. And I've never have observed such a development process applied to a Zen Cart mod development before, which make this all the more confusing.

At any rate hopefully Google can assign a developer to assist with completing and supporting the Google Checkout for Zen Cart mod. Ropu made good strides in the mod but it is far from finished.

I realize the mod works for some but the mods current limited support for base Zen Cart functionality causes havoc for others.

Thus it needs to made more clear in the Zen Cart downloads area the mod is still BETA, and it is currently NOT recommended to install on a live shop unless shopwner likes to test and troubleshoot.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=314

Woody
    Last edited by Woodymon; 1 May 2007 at 11:09 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Keep in mind you have to login as a customer during checkout before you can see the field on the left to enter coupon.
    Do you mean login to Google Checkout or login to Zen Cart?

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    At any rate hopefully Google can assign a developer to assist with completing and supporting the Google Checkout for Zen Cart mod. Ropu made good strides in the mod but it is far from finished.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=314

Woody
    Perhaps Google should assign you to this mod Woody! At least we will know it will get done and we will get detail responses to all our issues with this mod.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    Do you mean login to Google Checkout or login to Zen Cart?

Woody
    Login to google checkout. You need a google checkout account even as a customer in order to completed checkout with google. As is logging in so Google know which credit card to charge :) Once logged in then there is field to enter coupon and the customer can enter coupon and click on apply. Amazingly it actually works!

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps Google should assign you to this mod Woody! At least we will know it will get done and we will get detail responses to all our issues with this mod.
    Ha! If only I had the skill set. And if that were the case I would be completely immersed into coding and wouldn't have any time to provide support

Woody