Page 190 of 394 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 3932
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

thanks for the tips sitehatchery \ chain_man i'll give it a shot. alternatively i was thinking about buying a SSL Cert from godaddy its pretty cheap (19.99\y)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sitehatchery View Post
    What is the message you get in your google account when you try to process an order?

Also, are you in sandbox mode?
    My GCO is in production mode on the host that has a shared cert that worked, so I don't get any error messages. I have been processing GCO orders successfully for a while.

When I tried the self-signed certificate, I didn't even try to get to GCO. At logon to both admin and my store, I got a browser message warning that the cert was unverified and to enter at my own risk. The alternative, according to that host, was to upgrade. at significant cost increase, to a private ip and certificate. I didn't find that acceptable so I changed hosts. I will be glad to give you details outside this forum.

(Thanks Woody on the signature snafu. It should be fixed now.)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    Sitehatchery,

If you are observing isssues please post them here.

Visit Chainmans site and you will see GoogleCheckout is operating in production mode (not the sandbox) ;-)

I think Chainman would have elaborated if he was having issues with his certificate and/or Google Checkout configuration. ;-)

BTW Chainman, the link in your ZC forum sig is borked.

Reminder: 1.4beta1 to be released tomorrow in zip format. If everyone can help test we can quickly turn it into '1.4 gold'. Then Ropu can focus his energies on v.1.45.

Woody
    I only go through options because it took me over 65 hours to finally get it installed. I started on IIS - after just under 40 hours researching, testing, etc, I finally discovered (through my own tests) that googlecheckout is not compatible with IIS due to some functions that are specific to Apache servers. I finally moved the site over to an Apache server and got it working. I say all this because I know what a pain it can be to get this working properly and several things can contribute to things not working. I don't have the time to test these possibilities for other people's sites, but hopefully one of my suggestions will inspire a resolution.

Plugin Contributions

I started on IIS...
    I'm fairly certain others running Zen Cart on IIS have been able to successfully employ the Google checkout mod.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    I'm fairly certain others running Zen Cart on IIS have been able to successfully employ the Google checkout mod.
    Show me an example.

Plugin Contributions

I do not want to get into some sort of contest - IIS vs Apache... however, I went thru the same issues that sitehatchery went thru - and could not get any version of GC to run in IIS (6.0). My host also uses PHP version 5.2.

I recall sending you a note (Woodymon) describing my setup which included IIS 6.0 as my server. Your response to my GC issues indicated that you had not noted that... your replies discussed fixes that only applied to Apache... so I reiterated it in my next posts to you.

In the meantime I discovered amongst the previous GC posts that ROPU made a comment regarding the fact that GC will NOT work in IIS because some GC commands are only supported in the Apache/Unix/Linux environment.

Finally, I had to abandon my GC effort, because I could NEVER get it to work... BUT BUT BUT... this note is not an effort to disparage you (Woodymon) or Ropu. You both have worked too hard and too long trying to support us... however, it will NOT work on an IIS Server...

The 'struggle' between IIS and Apache has been going on for as long as I can recall (I first saw this back in the early 90's and it was a struggle of Micorsoft servers and all open source servers). Every few years the cycle goes from one faction to another (MS vs 'Apache') - and the customers and clients try to keep up.

However, GOOGLE has really not stepped up to the plate on this one. I repeat, this is not meant to place blame or make disparaging remarks... it is that I feel GOOGLE has not adequately supported those of us who have no choice but to use IIS servers. The highway we travel is the same, the mode of transportation is different, but we all must coexist at the whims of our customers and clients. And, when two factions as big as Google and Microsoft get into their tractor trailers and drive down the web road, my little VW has to ride their too...

Bottom line - we all need a working example of IIS using Google. My client was ready to 'fire me' because I cannot support his Google needs... and I asked him to be patient because I acted on faith - faith that you (Woodymon) and Ropu will provide a good IIS solution. I still have faith in you both - but with guarded skepticism.

Please show me ALSO an example.

Respectfully,
    jund

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

hi!

please read this thread about v1.4 .zip package

http://groups.google.com/group/googl...afcbba361a5e96

thx
    ropu

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jund View Post
    I do not want to get into some sort of contest - IIS vs Apache... however, I went thru the same issues that sitehatchery went thru - and could not get any version of GC to run in IIS (6.0). My host also uses PHP version 5.2.

I recall sending you a note (Woodymon) describing my setup which included IIS 6.0 as my server. Your response to my GC issues indicated that you had not noted that... your replies discussed fixes that only applied to Apache... so I reiterated it in my next posts to you.

In the meantime I discovered amongst the previous GC posts that ROPU made a comment regarding the fact that GC will NOT work in IIS because some GC commands are only supported in the Apache/Unix/Linux environment.

Finally, I had to abandon my GC effort, because I could NEVER get it to work... BUT BUT BUT... this note is not an effort to disparage you (Woodymon) or Ropu. You both have worked too hard and too long trying to support us... however, it will NOT work on an IIS Server...

The 'struggle' between IIS and Apache has been going on for as long as I can recall (I first saw this back in the early 90's and it was a struggle of Micorsoft servers and all open source servers). Every few years the cycle goes from one faction to another (MS vs 'Apache') - and the customers and clients try to keep up.

However, GOOGLE has really not stepped up to the plate on this one. I repeat, this is not meant to place blame or make disparaging remarks... it is that I feel GOOGLE has not adequately supported those of us who have no choice but to use IIS servers. The highway we travel is the same, the mode of transportation is different, but we all must coexist at the whims of our customers and clients. And, when two factions as big as Google and Microsoft get into their tractor trailers and drive down the web road, my little VW has to ride their too...

Bottom line - we all need a working example of IIS using Google. My client was ready to 'fire me' because I cannot support his Google needs... and I asked him to be patient because I acted on faith - faith that you (Woodymon) and Ropu will provide a good IIS solution. I still have faith in you both - but with guarded skepticism.

Please show me ALSO an example.

Respectfully,
    jund
    Here was my thread on this a while ago:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1397

It shows one reason why it doesn't work on IIS.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I wish there was documentation somewhere which said that this ONLY works on an Apache server! I've spent weeks on this trying to figure out why it wouldn't work! Searched just about every forum thread I could find on this, searched google, looked at google documentation. I couldn't find anything on this. Well, all you out there who have had the same trouble I have had, here is your documentation.

Line 104 of responsehandler.php:

PHP Code:
    if(MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_CGI != 'True') {
          if(isset(
    $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_USER']) && isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_PW'])) {

$compare_mer_id $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_USER']; 

$compare_mer_key $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_PW'];
          } else {

error_func("HTTP Basic Authentication failed. Can't retrive Merchant Id/Key, Installed over CGI??\n");
              exit(
    1);
          } 
    PHP_AUTH_USER only works with Apache. http://us.php.net/features.http-auth

The reason I was getting this error and the google checkout hasn't worked is because it doesn't work on IIS!
    You nailed it - Thank you - that is precisely the comment that sent me away - bewildered - a few monsoons ago...

So the question remains the same... To ROPU - does the new drop for Monday take care of the IIS issue?

respectfully submitted,
    jund

Plugin Contributions

You all asking questions about v.1.4 mod are doing so on the wrong forum. This thread is for v.1.3x versions.

But for those who would like to know...

v.1.4alpha3 = v.1.4beta1

No differences.

So if you are already running alpha3 then there will be no need to install beta1.

Only reason to wait until Monday for beta1 is if you want to download in zip format.

Woody