Page 344 of 394 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3932
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart 1.3.x (beta)

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    An update to the above.

After fiddling around with ZenCart and Google Checkout, I've pinpointed the problem.

Everyone who is having these issues of "ZenCart not posting the shopping cart", needs to go to their Google Checkout panel and under tools, visit Integration Console. (This applies to both Sandbox and Production.) When you go to the console, you will see a slew of errors and warnings that Google Checkout is trying to inform you about.

After going about this, I am continually seeing HTTP 503 error messages that look like this:

[FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Arial]We encountered an error trying to access your server at http://THENAMEOFMYSITE.COM/googleche...nsehandler.php -- the error we got is Send failed with code: 503. [/FONT][/FONT]

Question, has anyone figured out how to fix these 503 error messages?

Secondly, when configuring in GoogleCheckout's Integration settings are we supposed to use XML or HTML pairs. (This wasn't really discussed in the instructions.)
    Coming back to this... managed to get this to FINALLY work.

In order to get to fully work, you must make sure that GoogleCheckout has access to your /googlecheckout/ directory. If you have .htpasswd and the other file inside, and you don't have the option enable to enable its use in the ACP OR if you don't need them, remove those files.

Plugin Contributions

We're using this module for ZenCart. GoogleCheckout is correctly pulling our merchant-calculated shipping rates from UPS. The UPS shipping options we have enabled are:

Next Day Air
    2nd Day Air
    Ground

When customers choose "GoogleCheckout" as their payment method, the "Next Day Air" shipping option is what pops up by default, which of course, is the most expensive.

MANY, MANY customers are not taking the time to review before clicking submit, thus, are paying Next Day Air, and getting angry with us for it. Sadly, it seems a majority of customers are simply not taking the time to review their order, and click on the dropdown selector and CHANGE their shipping method from the default "NExt Day Air" to "Ground" (or whatever).

As a result, now, we're paranoid every time we get a GoogleCheckout order that is "Next Day Air" and we assume the customer probably didn't intend that.

Is there any way to change the sort order or "default" payment method displayed on merchant-calculated shipping, so that the "Ground" option is the default one shown on GoogleCheckout?

Thanks in advance,
    Fred

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fmckinnon View Post
    We're using this module for ZenCart. GoogleCheckout is correctly pulling our merchant-calculated shipping rates from UPS. The UPS shipping options we have enabled are:

Next Day Air
    2nd Day Air
    Ground

When customers choose "GoogleCheckout" as their payment method, the "Next Day Air" shipping option is what pops up by default, which of course, is the most expensive.

MANY, MANY customers are not taking the time to review before clicking submit, thus, are paying Next Day Air, and getting angry with us for it. Sadly, it seems a majority of customers are simply not taking the time to review their order, and click on the dropdown selector and CHANGE their shipping method from the default "NExt Day Air" to "Ground" (or whatever).

As a result, now, we're paranoid every time we get a GoogleCheckout order that is "Next Day Air" and we assume the customer probably didn't intend that.

Is there any way to change the sort order or "default" payment method displayed on merchant-calculated shipping, so that the "Ground" option is the default one shown on GoogleCheckout?

Thanks in advance,
    Fred
    This also happens as I'm USPS and their Express Mail is automatically selected. As part of the "Express Checkout", GoogleCheckout automatically selects the FASTEST method of shipping, not necessarily the cheapest.

Plugin Contributions

I stand corrected Fred.

You can edit the order of the shipping options in your googlecheckout/responsehandler.php file.

Move the options around so that they are in the order that you desire.

For example, my USPS Domestic portion looked this:

PHP Code:
    'EXPRESS' => 'Express Mail (1 - 2 days)',      
    'FIRST CLASS' => 'First-Class Mail (2 - 5 days)',
    'PRIORITY' => 'Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)'
    Then after switching it around:

PHP Code:
    'FIRST CLASS' => 'First-Class Mail (2 - 5 days)',
    'PRIORITY' => 'Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)',
    'EXPRESS' => 'Express Mail (1 - 2 days)'
    This caused it to show FIRST CLASS first, then PRIORITY, then EXPRESS MAIL. Try this with your responsehandler.php file.

Plugin Contributions

I'm truly in over my head with this google checkout thing.

zencart 1.3.8a
    google checkout 1.4.7

I have an acct, I have sandbox, I even managed through the infamous tax rates issue. Now I'm on to the calculated shipping mess. The code has been added, and the shipping generator run (which is where I begin to experience problems)

The products I sell usually are sent USPS first class mail (under 13 oz, etc), and calculated by the USPS module by weight - so exact shipping. My first question is, because I have prowled this thread and there is some confusion on this matter, does google checkout handle USPS first class?

Second, can google checkout calculate a custom shipping cost for each package, based on weight, like the USPS module does? In addition to my main website, I list products on ecrater, which uses google checkout but you have to manually list the shipping cost per item; is that how google checkout functions in general or is that something specific to ecrater?

I've had 'google calculated shipping' on both true and false. I've altered the 'carrier calculated shipping configuration' numbers multiple times. I've also played with the 'default values for real time shipping rates'. Either I've just not hit on the right combo or I'm truly missing something.

I guess the main question is more about google checkout's shipping calculation capabilities, and if it can, how I can make that happen, becuase I'm failing miserably.

Thanks everyone.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conspicuouschick View Post
    I'm truly in over my head with this google checkout thing.

zencart 1.3.8a
    google checkout 1.4.7

I have an acct, I have sandbox, I even managed through the infamous tax rates issue. Now I'm on to the calculated shipping mess. The code has been added, and the shipping generator run (which is where I begin to experience problems)

The products I sell usually are sent USPS first class mail (under 13 oz, etc), and calculated by the USPS module by weight - so exact shipping. My first question is, because I have prowled this thread and there is some confusion on this matter, does google checkout handle USPS first class?

Yes Google Checkout does handle first class. The confusion was that it wasn't listed first and was causing customers to balk at the high Express Mail option which GoogleCheckout has decided to list first. (Even if you use the generator.) To fix this, as I suggested, rearrange the components listed in shippinghandler.php so that First class is listed first and then so forth. This will only work, as far as I know, with the built-in ZenCart USPS Module.

Second, can google checkout calculate a custom shipping cost for each package, based on weight, like the USPS module does? In addition to my main website, I list products on ecrater, which uses google checkout but you have to manually list the shipping cost per item; is that how google checkout functions in general or is that something specific to ecrater?

That sounds like something specific to ecrater. Remember that GoogleCheckout will tally up the total of each item that you provide (in pounds) and will calculate the shipping from there by calling back the module in ZenCart.

I've had 'google calculated shipping' on both true and false. I've altered the 'carrier calculated shipping configuration' numbers multiple times. I've also played with the 'default values for real time shipping rates'. Either I've just not hit on the right combo or I'm truly missing something.

I guess the main question is more about google checkout's shipping calculation capabilities, and if it can, how I can make that happen, becuase I'm failing miserably.

Thanks everyone.
    I answered up in bold in your quoted text. Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conspicuouschick View Post
    I have prowled this thread and there is some confusion on this matter, does google checkout handle USPS first class?
    First of all, the previous few comments I think should be referring to the file shipping_methods.php. Shippinghandler.php does not exist and responsehandler.php handles communication between zen-cart and Google.

Also note that for Google checkout mod 1.47, in the file shipping_methods_ccs.php, for some reason the file was posted with the Priority Mail feature banged out at line 50. You need to delete the two backslashes ('\\') in front of "'Priority Mail' => 'Priority Mail',". This turns priority mail for Google checkout.

I noticed that Google Merchant Center account to configure carrier calculated shipping options, it does not give First Class Shipping as an option, so I figured it not a supported carrier calculated shipping option. I found a confirmation of this at Google's developer guide for Googlecheckout at:

http://code.google.com/apis/checkout..._shipping-type

My workaround has been to offer free shipping on light items and factor the price of shipping into the price. I don't understand how retched's works, unless he is using a shipping table.

Also, the USPS updated its service names in January 2009, so make sure you are also using the latest USPS.php module.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,
    When Google Checkout stores an order in the DB it's using the zone_code rather than the zone_name. This is only now a problem because we're using the USPS click n ship mod. Having it send US rather than United States is causing a problem.

I have been trough many many files and haven't figured it out yet; Please tell me how I can make GCO enter the zone_name into the orders table.

Thanks,
    John

Plugin Contributions

John,

Most of the references to zone_code are in gcheckout.php. However, looking at things, I wouldn't suggest changing it. You're very likely to break GCO. There are references and comparisons all over the place.

Perhaps you'd have an easier time putting an IF statement in the USPS module to swap United States for US (and any other countries you need). I'm sure someone could make a nice, elegant, table based solution too.

Good Luck!

Plugin Contributions

Believe it or not, I've tried that with little success. It did carry over the United States but then left the rest of the info blank that was supposed to be "auto filled".

I'll give it a shot again later today.

Thanks,
    John