Plugin Contributions

Help with the Login

Hello,

I've looked throughout these threads in the forum and am still coming up empty handed. im sure there is a simple solution to this problem as there usually always is. I am a newb with Zen-Cart, but i manage with the knowledge i have obtained. Can someone please help me understand why when i create an account it works great on back end (Admin) and then takes me back to the index page and doesnt log me in. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated as this has become a time sensitive problem i need to fix now.
    the link is www.nykcsports.com. I will remove you if you register don't worry about that.

I tried this in the default template as well as this nifty zen template, so i don't think those are the problems. But i got a week to get this site back to being live after leaving the OSC environment. i decided to rebuild the site and now am wondering if that was a mistake.

I am using the most current build of zen-cart, and i havent made any major changes, just cosmetic to the CSS code on the template.
    Last edited by NyKc; 27 Sep 2006 at 05:44 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with the Login

I finally stumbled across the solution, Many thanks to Ajeh and the great people of Zen-Cart who posted in the forums. Apparently, which i also agree should be the defacto - is in admin, recreate sessions = false.

I hope this is a permanent solution but i will run many tests now to make sure.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I made a test account and your store doesn't log me in either. I'm the new customer: Test Tester with test(at)test.com for email and tester as a pass.

This is definitely the flavor of the month question, there's been a lot of discussions about this issue and it seems to boil down that some servers don't like the Sessions setting.

Admin-Configuration-Sessions; Recreate Session = false.

I'm guessing yours is set to true and it's the stock setting. Dump your browser caches and give it another go.

For more ideas and so forth, please view this popular thread;

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44947

Edit: haha... I'm too slow on the reply button, for shame.

Plugin Contributions

I appreciate you taking the time to help, i luckily stumbled across the answer while squirming from my chair in anxiety of not finding the solution, and then like a brick flying through the air... it hit me,

Thanks alot for your help and yes i agree this is the big question as of lately. I think the sessions should default to false instead of true.

You guys all have cool avatars.. dont get me wrong i love the Yankees lol, but i want a cool avatar like one of the guys from Nintendo's R.C.R. or Super Dodge Ball. Any Suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

You're welcome. I'm glad that worked for you, so I can relay to others with the same issue. I just wish I had the room to bookmark important threads, but I have tons of stuff in there already and it would take the same time to look them up there as here.

`Thanks, I "borrowed" my avatar from a MySpace graphic site and fine tuned it. Sshh, don't tell.
    Haha... Mario Kart rulz Nintendo! Joking, but not really. That game is my absolute favorite!!
    If you google just the name River City Ransom, you're bound to find some decent images. For example, like this; http://www.atlus.com/rcr/downloads.html

Plugin Contributions

Awesome!
    Thanks - your secret is safe with me

Plugin Contributions

Congratulations, you found one of the crazy boys.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NyKc
    the link is www.nykcsports.com. I will remove you if you register don't worry about that.

you already removed me!!
    Tutorials on Zen Cart
    http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php
    ---------------
    advanced.programmer at gmail dot com
    In love with Zen Cart!!