Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Renaming Admin Folder

Did you first do the other stuff mentioned?

"If you know the file is there then perhaps it is a permission problem.

Use your FTP program to see what the permissions are; should be 644 or you can do the following."

You can use your FTP program to change permissions back, if 444 permissions are causing a problem. Remember, we are discussing permissions for just the two config files, nothing else.

Plugin Contributions

?

I changed the permissions to 644 immediately after there was nothing showing up.

I even reinstalled the program in a different folder and database and compared the configure.php files, they are identical, save the database and root folder.

everything i seem to do gets me further away from where I was 3 days ago. I will have to start over. But I will keep hacking away to figure out what went wrong so it does not happen again.

I followed the instructions on renaming the admin folder but now when I try to upload my configure.php file I get this error:

"error 160 - could not start data transfer"
    "Server said: Can't open that file: permission denied"

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

I'm an idiot!

I had my configure.php file set to permissions 444. Quickset to 777, upload and back to 444 and all is good.

Plugin Contributions

My site got hacked by C99SHELL so I had to do a fresh install. So then I did some looking for additional security measures and found the renaming the admin folder instructions.

So, I rename the admin folder and edit the 3 spots noted and I now get an Error 404 message when I try to log into my admin area. After I punch in my log in name and password it tries to redirect to https://mydomain.com/folder/admin/login.php instead of .../newadminfoldername/login.php.

What did I screw up?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You didn't follow all the instructions, namely the part about making the configure.php file writable before uploading your changes. If the file is read-only, then any changes you attempt to make to it or upload over it ... will fail.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, made it writable by Owner, edited it again, and still same error.

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind. I'm a retard and figured it out.

Thank you for the help!

Plugin Contributions

I go to admin/includes - but only find file dist-configure.php - no file configure.php. Is this the same?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, it's not the same.

Your site won't run if the configure.php file doesn't exist there. So ... if it's running, then the file must be there.
    Maybe you've got restricted permissions set of the file that are preventing you from accessing it via FTP. Maybe you need to use your hosting control panel's file manager to change the permissions to a higher level so you can see it and download/edit/update it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast