Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Editing order details

This thread stopped in Oct. Any one can advise how to edit order without going through database. Superorders orders does not accomplish this and the mod doesn't system to be for 1.3.6

Can someone help.

tks
    CC

Plugin Contributions

I need to do these things, as well. When I was running ZC 1.2.7 I used the old Edit Orders module along with Super Orders to do what I needed. The only draw back to Edit Orders was that it wouldn't let you edit attributes, but I would just add in the new item with the correct attrib and then delete the incorrect one. It DID recalculate the order totals, which is crucial.

You can find Edit Orders in the download archives here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/archived_con...s/admin-tools/

I'm now upgrading to 1.3.6 and it doesn't look like Edit Orders has been upgraded.

I'm going to attempt to install it and see if it works in the new regime. I'll post back with results. However, if it doesn't work I don't think I know enough php to fix it.

I have a very small shop and so I can't believe that others don't need to edit orders. I do it constantly!
    Carly
    Sambu Kyuguten
    https://www.sambu-kyugu.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for feed back. I tried installing Super order, but its not what I needed. So far I been going to the database and updating manually which is a hassle. I installed the old Edit orders mod and it didn't seem to work on 1.3.6. Well now there is a new release 1.3.7 so dont know if it will work with new version.

tks

Plugin Contributions

The old version of edit orders does infact work.

In the readme file you are instructed to find and replace in admin/orders.php don't use that info. Use the below

all you need to do is find line 770 or...

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, zen_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit', 'NONSSL') . '">' . zen_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');

and change the FILENAME_ORDERS to FILENAME_ORDER_EDIT

I also added this just below the above line which links to the order shipment tracking mod if you have it installed:
    $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_TRACK, zen_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit', 'NONSSL') . '">' . zen_image_button('button_orders_tracking.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');
    Learn to customize, save yourself time&#33;

Plugin Contributions

OK, that's great info! I got it kinda working. I am still having these issues:

- EO is not recalculating the total after products are added. It did this in my previous store version, is there code or some button that will make it do this?

- I want to try to link to EO from SO, rather than from the regular orders page. I think I know what code to add to super_orders.php I just don't know where to add it.

- When on the EO page, the rollover effects of the Admin bar. so I have to click on the Customers link and then I can get back to SO or Orders.

The first is major, the other two are mildly cosmetic but would be helpful. Is anyone else having these issues or have found a way to fix them?
    Carly
    Sambu Kyuguten

Plugin Contributions

Oh, oh, oh! I just figured out how to integrate EO with SO a little better. (this is big for me since I'm not really a php coder).

I did this on ZC 1.3.6 with SO 2.0 (rev 45) and Edit Orders 1.3:

1) Edit super_orders.php

at line 1193 add this code:

// integrate with Edit Orders
    echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ORDER_EDIT, 'oID=' . $orders->fields['orders_id'] . '&action=edit', 'NONSSL') . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>&nbsp;';
    // end edit

and at line 1253 add this code:

// integrate with Edit Orders
    $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ORDER_EDIT, zen_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit', 'NONSSL') . '">' . zen_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');
    // end edit

2) Edit edit_orders.php

find this line (around 555)

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, zen_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) . '">' . zen_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>

change to read:

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_SUPER_ORDERS, zen_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) . '">' . zen_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
    Carly
    Sambu Kyuguten

Plugin Contributions

I'm using the old edit order mod on 1.3.6 not using SO at all. I made above changes to the old mod still doesn't work for me. When I go into the order there is an edit button, but doens't let you change anything

?????

Plugin Contributions

the changes I posted in my previous posting were for integrating Edit Orders with Super Orders specifically. I believe that all you need to do to get EO working with the regular Orders page is what soapin_mama suggested:

all you need to do is find line 770 or...

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, zen_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit', 'NONSSL') . '">' . zen_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');

and change the FILENAME_ORDERS to FILENAME_ORDER_EDIT

I also added this just below the above line which links to the order shipment tracking mod if you have it installed:
    $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_TRACK, zen_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit', 'NONSSL') . '">' . zen_image_button('button_orders_tracking.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');
    Carly
    Sambu Kyuguten

Plugin Contributions

Correct the top EDIT button is not the one you use on the ORDERS page you must use the bottom EDIT button.

As for super orders, that's great I don't use it so I can't help in that area.

If you'd like to change the top EDIT button then change line 726 this: FILENAME_ORDERS to this: FILENAME_ORDER_EDIT

that should make the top EDIT button work to go straight to the order edit page.
    Learn to customize, save yourself time&#33;

Plugin Contributions

Well, I wish I could say that this is working for me, but it's not. In adding new products, the attributes are not displayed on the Order details and the totals are not calculated (they reset to zero).

Are there any other solutions to editing orders? This is absolutely crucial to my operation.
    Carly
    Sambu Kyuguten

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast