Plugin Contributions

Error Message After Renaming Admin Folder

I recently renamed my admin folder to secure my site. The admin section of my store works fine; however, when I go to shop.thebricktongroup.com I get the following message:

Warning: require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common/html_header.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.frowsy/bgroup01/shop.thebricktongroup.com/index.php on line 43

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common/html_header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/.frowsy/bgroup01/shop.thebricktongroup.com/index.php on line 43

I had a similar, but slightly different error message before after I had deleted my template_default folder by mistake. However, this time the template_default folder appears to be in good order.

Any suggestions on what I should do? I'm pretty stumped.

Thanks,

Nate

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error Message After Renaming Admin Folder

The error message is telling you where to look:

Warning: require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common ...
    Check your shop/includes/config.php file: - 'DIR_WS_TEMPLATES' is not being defined.

It should look like:

PHP Code:
    define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'templates/'); 

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

... and that suggests that you may have introduced a typo in your admin configure.php file when you edited it ... perhaps you didn't close a define() statement properly, or maybe your FTP upload of the changes is incomplete, etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm getting an opposite error, where my shop is working but I can't get into the admin area... My error is:

Warning: require(../../zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006/admin/includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/windowam/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 23

Warning: require(../../zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006/admin/includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/windowam/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 23

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006/admin/includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/windowam/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 23
    I don't know if I should be changing things in the application_top file though...

Plugin Contributions

no if you renamed the admin folder then you will need to open the admin/includes/configure.php and redefine the three places that show /admin/
    to / whatever you renamed to/
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte helped me out with my answer in this thread http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66001, but basically my problem was I allowed Dreamweaver to update my paths automatically and incorrectly when I changed the admin folder name...