Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SMTP-Auth & Gmail Issues

When I changed the DEBUG to '4' I got this above the "Email error:"

Code:
    SMTP -> FROM SERVER: SMTP -> FROM SERVER: SMTP -> 
    ERROR: EHLO not accepted from server:SMTP -> FROM SERVER: SMTP -> 
    ERROR: HELO not accepted from server: SMTP -> ERROR: AUTH not accepted from server: SMTP -> 
    NOTICE: EOF caught while checking if connected
    Last edited by Sectim42; 4 Oct 2006 at 06:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That suggests that your connection to the mail server is being refused.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Do you know of any reason that would do that I can look into. I know for sure the address is correct, the password is correct, the port is correct and the smtp address is correct. Would it have something to do with the fact Gmail likes to have a "POP" access before a SMTP access? Is there anyway to force a POP access before sending. I heard something like once POP authorization clears, it adds the IP address to an accepted list for 30 minutes or something like that.

If that is just jibberish do you have any other suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, forcing a POP connection first is one method that might be required.

Have you tried port 25 ?

I would have expected the output to at least show the gmail servername

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Granted, gmail's website says they want STARTTLS ... which Zen Cart doesn't do.
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=13287

Plugin Contributions

I have tried Port 25. No luck. Ok and after taking a step back a rereading the Gmail instructions in a very detailed fashion, I realized one oversight might be is that they require an secure (SSL) connection to be checked when using Outlook/Entourage/Thunderbird. Would this be the problem I am looking at?

Also, how do I force POP first using Zen-Cart?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    Granted, gmail's website says they want STARTTLS ... which Zen Cart doesn't do.
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=13287
    So...basically I am screwed. Well, I will try to figure out another solution. I really like our domain being hosted by Gmail, but I will try and figure out one account I can have that is hosted elsewhere that doesn't require an SSL connection?

Don't spend a lot of time on this answer, but since you seem to be a Zen-Cart master, do you have any practical suggestions at this point?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sectim42
    do you have any practical suggestions at this point?
    Yes ... a traditional email account

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    Yes ... a traditional email account
    Yeah I figured that was going to be the suggestion. I was just trying to keep everything on one domain, but we have both allenhuntshow.com and theallenhuntshow.com so I'll just setup ecommerce@theallenhuntshow.com to be on a traditional account and all the rest of the e-mails at just allenhuntshow.com. Because I am pretty sure I don't know how to setup up ecommerice AT allenhuntshow DOT com to be setup on a traditional e-mail account where as everything else on the domain on Gmail.

Thanks for all your help - it isn't quite the answer I was looking for, but at least I can go to bed (at 2 am) not contemplating how to solve the problem thus keeping me up for another two hours.

Plugin Contributions

I was having the same problems as well, but I fixed them by contacting my host. The problem you're having is get emails from your domain to your domain. I bet if you went on cpanel and looked at your webmail it would all be sitting there.
    I believe your host has to change the mailserver to a smarthost so that all the email goes to your gmail hosted box.

In the admin email section of zencart I still have everything set up like before, so I don't think you necessarily need to change that to gmail info.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast