Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SMTP-Auth & Gmail Issues

I have the same problem too.

Files are hosted in HostGator (they use cPanel).

The mail is supposedly managed by Google Apps for Your Domain.

I've already asked HostGator to add these (seven) MX records stuff and so they did. Still, didn't send any mail out.

Tried SMTP. 465, 587, 28, no luck on any ports and smtp/auth combinations.

I need some configuration steps from anyone who successfully did this.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

From all my testing, I've not made it work.

Google's site says they require TLS/SSL for sending the messages. Zen Cart does not offer this at the email level at the present time.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The sendmail method (no need for smtp information) works but is buggy. The shop system successfully delivers mail only to addresses that does not belong to my site domain (yahoo, gmail, lycos, etc.) but not to addresses with @mydomain.com.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by redxiii View Post
    I have the same problem too.

Files are hosted in HostGator (they use cPanel).

The mail is supposedly managed by Google Apps for Your Domain.

I've already asked HostGator to add these (seven) MX records stuff and so they did. Still, didn't send any mail out.

Tried SMTP. 465, 587, 28, no luck on any ports and smtp/auth combinations.

I need some configuration steps from anyone who successfully did this.

Thanks in advance.
    redxiii,

I am currently hosted on Hostgator as well. This is what works for me:

Change the MX setting in your CPANEL to be pointed to Google hosted mail. It should be the highest priority (0 or 1).. can't remember the exact record.

Now, go into zencart and choose sendmail. No need for any smtp stuff

Try a few test orders.. i've been getting e-mails on my google hosted service after setting it up like that. I think with some of these hosts, when you set it in cpanel it automatically tells the sendmail script that the domain does not reside on this server, or at least the MX records dont. I'm not too familiar w/ how the mail system works.. but just out of experience that has worked for me. your mileage may vary, especially seeing as hostgator attempted to manually put in those records

Plugin Contributions

Thanks pal. I knew that should have been sendmail.
    I set it up and told HostGator to recheck the MX records.
    They finally fixed it for me.

They told me that the email not being sent out to Google from the local box was because my domain was not listed in remotedomains. I don't really know what they did there but it's working now. I even tried looking at cPanel where this remote domain is but I haven't seen it.

I even wondered why only one of the many MX entries appear in cPanel. HostGator tells it only shows the first MX record there. Sez they have no control over that.

Again, thanks Doc and gyghdotcom.

Plugin Contributions

not a problem,

yeah only one MX entry really needs to be in there.. I'm only using the first one and all my e-mails come through fine :). when you add it in cpanel, it automatically makes it a 'remote domain', at least from my understanding it does

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem. BUT one of my website hoste dby TRUST4E can send email by gmail. Another website hosted by SASHBOX can't send email by gmail. Anyway, I contact SASHBOX support, but they don't get back to me now. I hope change the MX will help me.

Plugin Contributions

do you have cPanel access? If so you can modify it yourself (if its not disabled)

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I can access. Now i configure the MX to smtp.gmail.com. In the "Email Option" of Zen Cart. I set "E-Mail Transport Method" to "sendmail".
    After i configure and test the email. My gmail got a mail by "[email protected]", the subject is "Mail failure - no recipient addresses"

Do I need to configure the parameter of SMTP, such as "SMTP Email Account Mailbox", "SMTP Email Mail Host", "SMTP Email Mail Server Port", "SMTP Email Account Password'?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by samhuang View Post
    Yes, I can access. Now i configure the MX to smtp.gmail.com. In the "Email Option" of Zen Cart. I set "E-Mail Transport Method" to "sendmail".
    After i configure and test the email. My gmail got a mail by "[email protected]", the subject is "Mail failure - no recipient addresses"

Do I need to configure the parameter of SMTP, such as "SMTP Email Account Mailbox", "SMTP Email Mail Host", "SMTP Email Mail Server Port", "SMTP Email Account Password'?

Thanks
    I don't understand why you set MX to smtp.gmail.com.. and you can't access MX from the ZC admin interface. smtp.gmail.com is NOT an MX record.. its an smtp server. An MX record looks like this: ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM .. this would go in your cPanel, not your Zencart Admin panel

if you are using smtp, you will need to configure username, password, etc. Right now you are set to sendmail, so you don't need to configure it

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast