Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Newbie questions about custom template - logo.gif, etc

I know this has been covered all over the place but I've been just reading and trying to fix it for weeks and not getting it done. First I had my customization working but then I found out about templates so I lost all my work. I want this done the "right" way.

Here is the website I am working on: http://www.sobebabies.com/catalog/zencart/

If you look at the source, you can see I did indeed configure it to find my template, but it is still finding the logo.gif in the generic templates directory. Why is this? I have put a copy in my custom template images directory. I don't want to kludge this!

I also set up header_bg.jpg and tile files when I was doing it incorrectly but now I can not get it to find the ones in my template. Help!

One last question - where is the info on changing the unfortunate pathname? I would like it to just be mywebsite/cart or something like that. I'd appreciate a push in the right direction.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie questions about custom template - logo.gif, etc

Is this custom template a copy of the template default? If not, it seems to be reverting back to the default. Also, what version of Zen is this? There seems to be two different stylesheet.css's in there.

What exactly do you have listed for folders in includes/templates ?

To move Zen Cart;
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Change_Folders
    Last edited by Sketchy; 5 Oct 2006 at 03:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sobebabies
    where is the info on changing the unfortunate pathname? I would like it to just be mywebsite/cart or something like that. I'd appreciate a push in the right direction.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

LOL ... ya .. what she said

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy
    Is this custom template a copy of the template default? If not, it seems to be reverting back to the default. Also, what version of Zen is this? There seems to be two different stylesheet.css's in there.

What exactly do you have listed for folders in includes/templates ?

To move Zen Cart;
    I don't know what version. I downloaded a few months ago. If I check for updates, nothing happens. So I assume the latest?

In includes/templates, I have: classic, mine (sobebabies-template) and template_default.

Perhaps I have too many/inconsistent style sheets copied over. I didn't change too many files I put into my template and I haven't moved many but I do have some extras. But I don't see how that could be causing this. Oh. Gee I don't know much about style sheets. Let's see if you've pointed me in the right direction. I seem to have copied all the style sheets from both the classic and the default templates. So I need to get rid of the one that is from classic, or just use the ones from the default directory. Nope. That hasn't done it. Okay, I am still lost. I am off to try to fix that other thing I asked about meanwhile!

Woo hoo! Thanks for that one! I didn't find any 2nd file - /admin/includes/configure.php that needed changing. I assume they mean my admin directory. I did see the configure.php but I didn't seem to need to update it. I hope all is well! What a relief that's done! Now get this other nut cracked and I'll be ready to think about going live soon!

Okay I did find the 2nd file to change. But I am still desperately seeing help for the original problem.

Plugin Contributions

It looks like it's still soaking the files from template default.

In your custom template folder, how many subfolders and loose files are in there?
    There should be at least two subfolders called "css" and "images", there should only be at least one loose file called "template_info.php".
    All of the above file(s) and subfolders should only be in one folder, named "whatever-name".

If you switch templates to "Classic", does this problem still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy
    It looks like it's still soaking the files from template default.

In your custom template folder, how many subfolders and loose files are in there?
    There should be at least two subfolders called "css" and "images", there should only be at least one loose file called "template_info.php".
    All of the above file(s) and subfolders should only be in one folder, named "whatever-name".

If you switch templates to "Classic", does this problem still exist?
    Okay, here's what I've got in my template directory:

-rw-r--r-- 1 2546 512 2841 Oct 5 11:41 CSS_read_me.txt
    drwxr-xr-x 3 2546 512 4096 Oct 4 18:42 buttons
    drwxr-xr-x 2 2546 512 4096 Oct 5 11:41 css
    drwxr-xr-x 2 2546 512 4096 Oct 4 18:42 css-bad
    drwxr-xr-x 2 2546 512 4096 Oct 4 16:28 images
    -rw-r--r-- 1 2546 512 777 Oct 5 11:41 print_stylesheet.css
    drwxr-xr-x 2 2546 512 4096 Sep 18 19:24 sideboxes
    -rw-r--r-- 1 2546 512 10768 Oct 5 11:42 stylesheet.css
    -rw-r--r-- 1 2546 512 1619 Oct 5 11:42 stylesheet_css_buttons.css
    -rw-r--r-- 1 2546 512 712 Sep 29 19:36 template_info.php
    drwxr-xr-x 2 2546 512 4096 Sep 18 19:24 templates
    -rw-r--r-- 1 2546 512 4978 Sep 29 18:30 tpl_header.php

When I put back the classic template (I'll leave it for a bit in case you're still on) my header_bg.jpg shows up - as I said, I had originally been putting it in the wrong place. I be so confused!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, thanks. At least we know that template works.

Usually, the only way that default template shows up... if perhaps, someone had copied and pasted the whole or partial deal into a custom template folder. By doing that, a common oversight is forgetting to rename inside the file "template_info.php", concerning the line "$template_name = 'Custom Template';" Two templates cannot be named the same or have the same folder name... terminal woe will follow.

Or where you starting to build a custom template from copied files from the default template, but something went wrong?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast