Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

I've been tweaking my attributes today. I have one type set up as a read-only attribute, that will tell people the approximate processing time of an item.

Option Name: Order Processing
    Option Values:
    -Ready to Ship
    -Ships in 3 to 10 days
    -Item is customizable

It all works very nicely, appearing beneath the picture of the product, BUT

The words "PLEASE CHOOSE" are inserted automatically. Since this is for informational purposes, only, there is no choice.

The workaround that I'm using for this is:
    Under Production Options (Names), there is the section below, where you choose how your images are arranged. There is a box there for "Comments". In that box, I put "Please Read - Important Information".

Now, instead of "Please Choose", that comment shows up in red. This works fine for me, but I wonder if anyone has any other ideas about this? Or any other way to get rid of the "Please Choose" on Read-Only items?

No great hurry for any answers....just thought I'd toss this into the ring.
    Patti

Plugin Contributions

I am looking further into the attributes for when these are the only options ... ie READONLY

The Please Choose is not needed there.

You could also change the define on the Please Choose to '' and nothing would show for now.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

what else would be nice is a multi copy for the attributes, for example copying attributes and having the select box and multiple select, that way you can copy once to multiple items that maybe don't all fall in the same category group.

Another thing is why sometimes does the attribute page not load well? the price and sort order gets so mixed up sometimes.

Another thing that caught me out was the "ignore specials" option could it be on by default not off.. lol I have to changed the whole section when I applied the special sale!! as I didn't want it to alter the attribute prices at all!

Don't take any of this is picking as its great just when you use it over and over again you see how you woudl like it to work - whether its possible is another thing

Plugin Contributions

If your sort orders are not perfect then there is a problem with *cough* user error.

A sort order does not change its mind.

Either it works or it doesn't.

If you find your defaults do not work, perhaps checking the defaults setup on the Option Values would be a good idea.

On copying to a few products in "what ever" categories ... the current methods of pick 200 out of 10000 products would choke most servers.

I am working on a solution to this for a future release.

Default settings that do not work for you could be changed in the code ... you would have to maintain this for now as the Admin has not been re-written yet and it will be sometime before it is and has any kind of override system.

And then we could all dream about the day of getting all the folks needing all these neat new toys for Attributes to pool together and make really healthy donation on a monthly basis, each, to Zen Cart so that all we had to do was focus on Zen Cart and not do other silly things in order to feed my Kitty ... B)
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Is there a way of allowing the user to select multiple options. So, if I had attribute options and I wanted to select more than one of them, how would I implement that?

Thanks,
    Wissa

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'd make them checkboxes instead of radio buttons. You can select the type when defining the attributes.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

HI,

Is there any way to tie attributes to quantity in stock?

For instance...
    I have 5 RED hats and 2 BLUE hats in stock.
    Under Category/Products I can set the "Products Quantity" as seven.
    There is nothing to stop customers from buying 3 BLUE hats when I only have two.

This can get very complicated. I have some products with 3 sizes and 12 - 14 color choices.

Plugin Contributions

Not at this time.

This is scheduled for v1.4 to have Stock/Attributes
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ok Hi again, this'll be my second silly question, but here goes, is there some way to have downloads the a customer can download without having to go through the order details, I have shareware screensavers that have an expiry date for the customer tp purchase, when they opt to purchase I can have the screen saver direct them to whereever I want.

Also my test download screensaver will not download, it's 3.5mb but only a smal 1.4k file gets created on my local machine.

Can someone please point this newbie in the right direction.

Thanks in advance
    Darin
    drmphotos.com

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm I am having a problem with text options. I have added a few text options but when I try to go to the attribute controller to add them to the product, it says Warning: No Option Values Have Been Defined and won't go to the Attribute Controller. If I go to Option Values, there is nothing in the Option Name dropdown because I put all the Option Name types as text. How on earth do I get the text boxes into my product listing?! This worked fine on older versions of Zen. I am using the newest version with the patch. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much!
    Danielle
    Danielle

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast