Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Yup.. true that.
    (Try getting this type of support from a corporation)

And if I had fourth hand.. I'd be able to get off work on time, like before it got dark.
    (finding shirts might be a problem though)
    Common sense tells us that the world is flat.

Plugin Contributions

Attributes are one of the most complicated issues, I have to admit.

That is why they let someone like me play with them ... cause I see things most people don't ...

Meanwhile, I keep work on new additions and am trying to simplify things over time.

Based on what we started with and the limitations of the old attribute system ... we have come a long ways.

As things are broken down and seperated out to make managing them easier and easier the screens will start becoming more friendly.

I am more concerned at the moment with functionality then the look. So while the Option Names, Option Values and Attributes have finally been separated out to make things easier ... there is a lot more to do.

Navigation between products and categories within the attributes is being further developed.

Additional manipulation of adding/deleting attributes based on existing attributes is being worked on ... example: If a product has Color Red ... add Size Small ... or any combo you would like.

I have that trick working, but I know the next cry will be ... "but only to this category ... not all products!!" so I am working on that too.

Then I hear the next cry of ... "but I want the prices based on this product!!! ... But only for that category!!!"

And people wonder why I sometimes appear dizzy ... granted in my own special, unique sort of way ... I probably am a little dizzy ... ::ek
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Lets all remember that been a freebie it is quite good. And I am saying that, someone that b4 ZenCart had no clue about webs and html and all of that yucky stuff.

I have learned a lot and I am quite proud of myself. But it is confusing. One thing that should e easy enough to be changed is ie: In admin (all over it) you gotta choose yes/no, on/off etc.. In some places you do this by chossing a 0 or 1. Yet in other places you just pick yes/no or on/off. And in some other places you know it's totta be yes/no or on/off but there's nothing to suggest how to enter it such as 0/1, yes/no or on/off.

That's confusing! All in all, it could be more user friendly but thanks to the forum and oher users who don't mind giving up their time to help us dumb ;) ones, it works well.

Now, back to my zen cart ..... where was I? Oh that's right, the taxes ...... again.

Plugin Contributions

I look forward to the day we are at a full completion of an Admin re-write.

Yes it takes time.

But it is coming slowly but surely.

We would like it to be simple too. But at the same time, we don't want to go back and loose the functionality of all of the new features either.

Most have not really looked, but there are several sections of the attributes that can actually be turned off if they are not being used to make things less complicated.

Over time, this will be product type related.

For now ... they are global settings in regard to attributes.
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I was wondering if somebody could help me out a sec?

If you look at this link :_

http://stickers.signprint.co.uk/index.php?...products_id=185

You will see that the owner has a colour chart underneath the colour option, so that people can choose what colour they wish to have.
    Could somebody tell me how this is done so i can stick a colour chart on mine please?

Also, is it possible to put an image into a drop down box say, or into the text field of a radio button?
    I'm thinking i could have a little square of colour with a radio or checkbox next to it so the user could choose.

Last thing. If that happened, could there be a 'picture' link by each colour so the user could see the product in the chosen colour?

1: Sorry for dragging on
    2: Thanks in advance for any help
    3: Well done to the creators of Zen Cart. Top cart ::tup

Plugin Contributions

Steve is using an attributes image.

From the looks of it that is one attributes image set on the first attribute and none on the rest.

You have several ways you can use the attribute image and may need to experiment a bit to get the look you want. This can be done with 1 or multiple images, 1 per attribute.
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Note: at the moment there is not an enlarge attributes.

This is planned for a future release of Zen Cart so you can have a color swatch and then enlarge the image per attribute to a different image.
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I get the following error message when tryign to add a value to an item name

1062 Duplicate entry '1-1' for key 1

Option Values

ID Option Name Option Value
    1 size 8x10

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Which version of Zen Cart are you using?

It sounds like you removed all the demo products and the tables were not emptied correctly.

If you were starting fresh you would want these tables empty to start with:

- products_options
    - products_options_values
    - products_options_values_to_products_options

Once all three are empty, try adding an Option Name then an Option Value to see if the error has disappeared.
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

What happens with the amount of items in stock, when you use attributes??

I'm selling little receivers for Radio Control planes.

Every receiver is in stock at 2 frequencies (35 and 40 mHz).
    With the receiver I want to sell a cristal.
    The cristals come in 23 different channels for the 35 mHz-frequency and in 22 different channels for the 40 mHz.

An example:
    The Penta-receiver.
    Choise out of 35 mHz Penta or 40 mHz Penta.
    For the 35 mHz Penta I have 23 different cristals (Channel 60 to 82).
    For the 40 mHz Penta I have 22 different cristals (Channel 50 to 92).

I managed to setup the attributes for the different frequency cristals and the 23 and 22 different channels.
    How do I "connect" them to the cristals as a product, so that I can control and check the amount of cristals that are sold / in stock??

Do you have to create the different separate cristals as separate products?

I've read the treads in this forum and studied the example-shop, but I can't figure out where I can check.

I use 1.1.4d

Regards,

JP

RC.JEPE.biz

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast