Plugin Contributions

Fresh Install - layout abysmal

I knew that this would mean a new thread. I seem to have encountered a problem with the layout of my pages.

The store page and the admin pages (even the admin login) appears to have totally screwed stylesheet and missing button images. I have downloaded all of the files within the admin and the admin/includs folders only to find whitespace in front of the opening <?php> tag.
    Vger and superprg have been very kind in helping me sort some probs, but I am now facing an issue I just cannot resolve.

All of my browsers (Netscape, Opera, Mozilla, IE7 and Avant) fail to render the code with any reference to div code. I mean that there are headings and font colours as if some of the stylesheets are being processed, but absolutely no reference to the pixel width or float element/attributes that form the page. The admin page just shows a continuous <ul><li>...</li></ul> arrangement. I can see that there should be menus but that sheet is being ignored. Also, there are buttons missing just leaving broken image warnings on the update template and within the store.

I suspect that the template folder is somehow corrupted or missing files. This or the folder arrangement has been somehow affected.

My 'store' looks like the attachments.

This is embarrassing!

These are the problems that I have faced
    1) whitespace mysteriously appeariing before nearly all of the opening <?php> tags in the /admin/ folder (but not the subfolders). I have checked the source files and these are fine, the space appears *after* I have uploaded the files.

2) No page formatting that in anyway resembles a stylesheet ref

I run an Inspiron 1300 Centrino Dell laptop with a Belkin 54g wireless router (encrypted). My connection is a healthy 10Mb ntl: connection running ntl: netguard (antispy, firewall, antivirus and pop-up blocker). I also have a desktop PC on the same network (this is wired to the router). My FTP progs are WS_FTP and Filezilla. I actually run genuine copies of Windows XP Pro with Windows defender.
    The url I am working on is http://www.i-dl.com
    My host is Fasthosts (Apache server type)

Install runs ok, Zen layout looks fine when installing, no unusual settings, MySQL database links ok. All of the normal stumbling blocks sidestepped.

I have installed Zencart at least 12 times (never encountered the program before last week) and I am starting to beat my head against a brick wall.

Please help!

Please view the attached jpegs on the link below (you will have to scroll down the page)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fresh Install - layout abysmal

Have you read the previous posts about problems with your hosting service?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fresh Install - layout abysmal

THANKYOU!

I can sleep now, I seriously thought I had to go back to CSS remedial!

I did start renaming the htaccess files several attempts ago just in case this was the issue but I did not have enough knowledge of their relevance, I clearly missed some.

A massive weight lifted from me, thank you *so* much.

Really impressed with this forum. Seriously impressed