Thread: api permissions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default api permissions

ok... this credit card thing is a wee bit fustrating... i have a paypal account set up so that they can pay with paypal or credit card... (check too but that will be later). the paypal module sends them to paypal with a retarded link that I think is undeciferable. It says

If you don't have a paypal account "click here"....

That is supposed to tell the customer that they can pay by credit card with this link.....

Uh... I dont think so...

so my pp acc allows me to send them the info through the api settings...

api credintials.... is what it is asking for... or it says that i can request api credentials but then requires a 128bit encryption to accept the cc payment....

i simply need to set api permissions... i need (if available) zencart api address... Not sure what this means..... but i need it...

the recieving the email and putting together the puzzle pieces and then processing the cc is tooo tedious.. i want to just send it over let them approve (or decline) and then done.....

any help is definately appreciated....
    Last edited by g0d4lm1ty; 6 Oct 2006 at 01:21 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: api permissions

but then requires a 128bit encryption to accept the cc payment....
    No SSL session and most will put their credit card back in their wallet and leave your site.

There is a setting in PP that allows processing CC's through them and not present the "Signup for PayPal" item until after the transaction.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

well if you can find that setting in paypal.... your are better than me and paypal tech support.... according to them.. the page they are getting is the only page they have... and since I have the setting for "paypal optional" the links that says... "don't have paypal.. click here" is supposed to tell the customer that they can pay with a credit card and not need a paypal account.... that is my delima.....
    this sux... it will totaly change the success of the web site.. you are 100% right customers will put there card back in there pocket.... *sigh*.... any additional help would be appreciated.....

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart doesn't use the PayPal "token" for the IPN. Is that what you are trying to implement?

Plugin Contributions

Re: api permissions

i am not sure what you mean by "token". Paypal has api permission settings where i can collect the information in the cart .. send them the information via "api permission" settings and paypal then verifies the information and approves/denies credit card.... this would eliminate the need for me (or one of my staff) to go in and manually approve the transaction. Thre reason why it is important to me is because the paypal link page doesn't specifically say they can pay with credit card... And, in my opinion, most potential customers will leave the site at that point and forget about the sale.... so.. I wanted to collect the info (as it already does) and send it to pp automatically via pp "api permissions". doesnt appear that is going to be possible tho... especially since zc doesn't support 128bit encryption.... but thanks to all for you help... if anyone knows of a work around I would appreciate it... thanks again...

Plugin Contributions

You don't need to use any of that to use the Zen Cart IPN.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The PayPal IPN module for Zen Cart uses PayPal's "Website Payments Standard" methods for sending data to PayPal and receiving responses back.
    It does not make use of PayPal's encryption key methods.

There is discussion around using PayPal 2.0 services in another thread, which allows US merchants who do not have a Website Payments Pro account to use PayPal's verisign payflow pro services for payment processing much like a traditional merchant account, similar to what you suggest you're looking for.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok... i DO have website payment pro......what is my option? Remember i dont like the paypal screen.... it doesnt tell anyone that they can pay by credit card.... SO paypal suggested the api permissions... which is when the cart will take down the info... and through encrypted button send it to paypal and recieve response... all from the cart... I understand that zencart doesnt work with encryptions.. so i would like to know from anyone if there is an alternative to do the same exact function..... ipn is for paypal webpage ..... I would like NOT to send anyone there if possible... thanks again to everyone providing input.. :)
    Last edited by g0d4lm1ty; 7 Oct 2006 at 06:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are 3 options, as far as PayPal goes:

1. Website Payments Standard ... aka "IPN" ... which Zen Cart has built-in support for. This takes the customer to the PayPal site only for collecting payment.

2. Website Payments Pro. Zen Cart does not support this.
    Customers would still end up going to the PayPal website -- not only to enter payment information, but also to provide all their personal information, never entering that information in your shop for order processing, etc.

3. PayPal's recent restricted offering of "PayPal 2.0" which is a rebranding of their newly-acquired Verisign technology. This allows you to take credit cards directly on your site, and have PayPal process the card in the background without the customer knowing that PayPal was even involved. The Zen Cart payment module for this is in the Downloads section.
    Not available to customers who have Website Payments Pro active on their account. More information is available in the dedicated thread related to this topic which I mentioned earlier.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok how do i setup option 2... right now everything is being entered on my site... and they get the payment option at the end... *sigh* i thought i was smart.. but now i feel like a re re.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast