Plugin Contributions

Invalid Gift Certificate code

I see others posted with the same question but haven't seen an answer as of yet.....

I set up the GC account. I purchased one as a gift and emailed it to myself. I received the email showing the purchase but saying it hasn't been released yet. I then go into admin and release it. I then receive the email saying someone sent me a gift. It provides me with the link to click to redeem the coupon, in addition to the GC code itself. Here's the problem:

If I copy and paste the code back in my store upon checking out, it works fine. However, if I click on the supplied link it takes me directly to my store and congratulates me on successfully redeeming my GC even though I haven't put anything in my cart yet. So I continue to shop, add to my cart and then check out. I paste my code into the GC redemption box. To the right it shows the correct available balance of my GC. BUT, when I click continue it stops me saying it's "an invalid redemption code". I continued on to the next page and it then says "the coupon code has already been redeemed or is invalid."

It seems to be redeemed automatically once I click on the supplied link within the email. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm running 1.3.5 with no contribs added.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Invalid Gift Certificate code

Redeeming and using the GV is two separate things ...

When you redeem the GV code ... whether via the link or during checkout ... this amount is added to your GV Balance ...

You will see this balance in the Shopping Cart sidebox and in the checkout_payment ...

IF you enter an amount of your GV balance to be applied to your order on hte checkout_payment page during checkout ... that amount is deducted from your GV Balance and either will 0 the amount due if it is the same or exceeds the Order Total ...

Note: if the Order Total is $29.45 and you say to apply $100.00 ... only the portion required to zero the Order will actually be used ...

If you never clicked on the link in the email to claim the GV ... you can either claim it from the GV FAQs page (as of v1.3.5) or from the checkout_payment page and then apply an amount to your Order ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    Redeeming and using the GV is two separate things ...

When you redeem the GV code ... whether via the link or during checkout ... this amount is added to your GV Balance ...

You will see this balance in the Shopping Cart sidebox and in the checkout_payment ...

IF you enter an amount of your GV balance to be applied to your order on hte checkout_payment page during checkout ... that amount is deducted from your GV Balance and either will 0 the amount due if it is the same or exceeds the Order Total ....
    Let me see if I understand you correctly......so if I redeem the GV via the link I do not have to enter a redemption code? I just input how much of the balance I wish to use before checking out?

Plugin Contributions

Let me see if I understand you correctly......so if I redeem the GV via the link I do not have to enter a redemption code? I just input how much of the balance I wish to use before checking out?
    Yes, that is correct. If you go to your account or look at the GV balance showing in your shopping cart sidebox it should confirm the amount you added to your GV account.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Redeeming via the link, assuming you are logged-in to do so, is the same as entering the redemption code manually ... both methods place GC funds "on account".

Then when checking out, you can choose to use GC funds or not. You can also send them by email to someone else.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I was misunderstanding the process. Thank you for clarifying!