Plugin Contributions

Default Premature end of script headers - Error 500 - awardspace.com hosting

Hi,

I have uploaded the new Zen Cart 1.3.5 to a PHP/MYSQL enabled web host (awardspace.com). When I try to install Zencart I get an error. I have used the default file permission settings (755 and 777 where applicable) when the error occurred. I have then to set all file and directory permissions temporarily to 777 (World Write) to see if this would resolve the problem (I am only testing the We site anyway) but again the attempt was an unsuccessful one. This is the error I am getting when I try to access the index.php on the zencart folder (I checked the permissions for that file and they seem to be alright).

[Sun Oct 08 10:44:27 2006] [error] [client 82.43.88.182] Premature end of script headers: index.php | file is writable by others index.php
    Error 500: Script Execution Failure
    Description: The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Most common reasons for returning this error message are:

File Upload Mode
    When you upload Perl, CGI scripts via FTP you should use always ASCII mode. If you get "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" you should check whether your FTP client uses ASCII mode when uploading your scripts, because if it uses BINARY mode to upload your scripts they won't work on the server. The problem caused by wrong upload mode is associated with the way different operating systems handle the "end of line" character. Unix system uses a "line-feed" (LF), Windows uses a "carriage-return" (CR) and "line-feed" (LF) pair. That's why it is very important that you set the uploading mode to ASCII.

• File Permissions
    When you upload scripts via FTP the file permissions are set by default to 755. If you get "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" you should check whether your scripts have 755 permissions. Otherwise your scripts have lower level of permissions and does not support execution upon request. The octal representation of the 755 permission is equal to the following textual format: -rwxr-xr-x
    Most FTP clients support the CHMOD command which is used for setting file permissions. In case you have set improper permissions to your scripts, use your FTP client and set "Read, Write, Execute" permissions for the owner, "Read, Execute" permissions for the group and everyone else.

• Script Errors
    This is the third well known reason for getting "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" upon execution of your scripts. Check your scripts for any obvious syntax or programming errors to make sure your code is not broken.

Remember: When you get a "Error 500: Script Execution Failure", you should always check for any file uploading problems (ASCII/BINARY) and the executable permission settings. Once those are checked and verified, it looks like there is a syntax error or some other problem in the script.

Can you please help me?

Hansi

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zencart 1.3.5 Upload Install Problem

Unfortunately, it's been reported a few times that the host mentioned, is not compatible with Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Premature end of script headers - Error 500 - awardspace.com hosting

Thanks Sketchy,

I really appreciate your response. It's good to know that it was not something I did.

Regards,

Hansi