Thread: FAQ Manager

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FAQ Manager

I am having an issue that I haven't seen posted yet. Whenever someone submits a question, the page just refreshes. There's no confirmation message, no email is sent and the question is not posted in the admin section.

I'm running 1.3.8a and have used the latest download update available in this message forum.
    i'm having the same issue... is there any fix to this? or should i just uninstall it?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

nobody has an uninstall SQL statement that can get rid of this troublesome beast?

Plugin Contributions

Just finished reading all 37 pages of this thread, still no fix for the main page showing on top when selecting a directory with sub directories.

If anyone has the fix please post it, in the meantime i will remove the files until such fix.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TamyA View Post
    Just finished reading all 37 pages of this thread, still no fix for the main page showing on top when selecting a directory with sub directories.

If anyone has the fix please post it, in the meantime i will remove the files until such fix.

The same error/misbehavior after installing zen cart 1.3.9h and FAQ manager 1.2, the content of directories with sub directories will show under the main page text when that directory clicked.

Plugin Contributions

Hi guys, I have used this mod in the past, and even did some development on it for bug fixes and improvements, and my thoughts in regard to this mod are this: it is unnecessary, over complicated, and is inferior to the alternative of just having a simple single page for FAQ's and listing all of the questions at the top and simply bookmarking the answers or using jQuery to hide/show the answers.

If there are a great deal of questions and answers, then I could see the need for a "Help" or "FAQ" section with search functionality like Amazon.com has with the use of this mod. But I would venture a guess that most Zen Cart stores don't require such complexity and a simple FAQ page with all the questions and answers in one place would not only be sufficient, but would also provide a better user experience.

Plugin Contributions

When I install the SQL's Patches I get this page error in Admin area:

1062 Duplicate entry 'FAQ_ALL_DISPLAY_CATEGORY' for key 'unq_config_key_zen'
    in:
    [INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display FAQ Category Name', 'FAQ_ALL_DISPLAY_CATEGORY', '1', 'Display the name of the FAQs Master Category? Note: you can group FAQs by category by setting the default sort order to 3', @t4, 84, NULL, now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''0'', ''1''), ');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Has anyone fix this problem or solve this issue yet?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikedeezy33 View Post
    Hi guys, I have used this mod in the past, and even did some development on it for bug fixes and improvements, and my thoughts in regard to this mod are this: it is unnecessary, over complicated, and is inferior to the alternative of just having a simple single page for FAQ's and listing all of the questions at the top and simply bookmarking the answers or using jQuery to hide/show the answers.

If there are a great deal of questions and answers, then I could see the need for a "Help" or "FAQ" section with search functionality like Amazon.com has with the use of this mod. But I would venture a guess that most Zen Cart stores don't require such complexity and a simple FAQ page with all the questions and answers in one place would not only be sufficient, but would also provide a better user experience.
    Ditto. I spent way too much time on this mod. It's totally not worth messing with. Too many problems.

Plugin Contributions

I had the same problem as others with 1.39H and faq module. It shows the main_page info above any subcategories.

Has anyone been able to correct this bug I would really like to use this module

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dscott1966 View Post
    Sorry for the double post here you go on how to fix the FCKeditor problem:

Find in: admin/includes/modules/faq/collect_info.php

<?php if (HTML_EDITOR_PREFERENCE=="FCKEDITOR") {
    // if (HTML_EDITOR_PREFERENCE=="FCKEDITOR") require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES.'fckeditor.php');
    $oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor ;
    $oFCKeditor->Value = (isset($faqs_answer[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($faqs_answer[$languages[$i]['id']]) : zen_get_faqs_answer($pInfo->faqs_id, $languages[$i]['id']) ;
    $oFCKeditor->CreateFCKeditor( 'faqs_answer[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', '99%', '230' ) ; //instanceName, width, height (px or %)
    } else { // using HTMLAREA or just raw "source"

echo zen_draw_textarea_field('faqs_answer[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '20', (isset($faqs_answer[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($faqs_answer[$languages[$i]['id']]) : zen_get_faqs_answer($pInfo->faqs_id, $languages[$i]['id'])); //,'id="'.'faqs_description' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '"');

and replace with:

<?php if (HTML_EDITOR_PREFERENCE=="FCKEDITOR") {
    // if (HTML_EDITOR_PREFERENCE=="FCKEDITOR") require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES.'fckeditor.php');
    $oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor ('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']') ; // problem sold
    $oFCKeditor->Value = (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']) ;
    // $oFCKeditor->Create() ;
    $oFCKeditor->Width = '99%' ;
    $oFCKeditor->Height = '300' ;
    // $output = $oFCKeditor->CreateHtml() ; echo $output;
    $oFCKeditor->Create( 'products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']' ) ; //instanceName, width, height (px or %)

} else { // using HTMLAREA or just raw "source"

echo zen_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '20', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])); //,'id="'.'products_description' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '"');
    } ?>

There will be two places in the file that this code needs to placed. Hope this works for you.
    Hello, Dscoot,

really appreciated for your update.
    tried your new code but unfortunately still not fix my problem.
    following is the error code. thank you very much. any suggestions?
    HTML Code:
    The requested URL /FCKeditor/fckeditor.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637