Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to add pages to define page status?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Use the code that I posted and change the settings to match your page number ...
    (OMISSIS)
    Good morning Linda,

just skimming the surface of ZEN CART and seeing it at work on my would-be site is enough to feel plenty of respect for those who were able to implement such thorough structure.

More, by goggling questions of various kinds to straighten out my numerous newbie problems, many ending up in forum posts where you yourself were the person offering the appropriate answer, I grown feeling plenty of respect for the person Linda, both in terms of professionalism and benevolent attitude towards offering science to strangers in the need.

One example is your contribute above, more then just offering the truth, since by compiling the full codes in my place you went further then helping.

Codes which only needed to be fed to the database via the Tools>SQL Query Executor to make the trick!

Even if ending by saying thanks isn’t adequate, THANKS Linda!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, i have gone through the tutorials for adding pages, and i am sure it should be working... but for some reason the page loads only to the header text, and then nothing below that... the sidebar and footer nav dont even load.
    I followed the PDF file from one of the first pages of this thread, and while i can get the admin screen working (able to choose 0-3 for each page) and get the page to begin to load, it just doesnt finish.
    i dont want to use the Page 2, Page 3 Defined Pages because I am using a modification to change my links to permalinks. there are only 2 pages that i need to actually make new defined pages for.... those are the two that arent working.

the DB is set up fine, i feel certain of that, but for some reason zen cart is not able to fetch the text for these 2 pages... here is a link to one of them, if anyone is able to diagnose the problem by a glance.... :) :)

http://www.urlimit.com/shop/specs.html

I have been digging through this problem nearly all day... atleast 6 hours and i've finally accepted my inability to solve it on my own. i hope someone can please help me. maybe just ask me some questions about what i did or if i did something in particular. after all of this time, it would be difficult for me to put a full description of my efforts. basically, i followed the PDF guide. went over it a dozen times.

thank you!

Ryan

Plugin Contributions

OK, I tried to do it all over again using the About Us contribution.... still, same problem. i dont know what im doing wrong...

for some reason, on these two pages alone, it seems that the php/html is not being parsed to completion. the "back" button does not display and neither do the sidebars or footer.... the page just ends right below the "About Us" heading. any idea, anyone?
    Last edited by ryanl; 9 Oct 2009 at 12:19 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Don't get confused with all the posts.. just follow the pdf file in page 2 EXACTLY. It will work. quite a lot of steps but it will work.

The About Us package do not work in my experience

Plugin Contributions

To add/delete a "define page" involve change into filesystem and into database.
    Quick way: use EZ Pages to add and use Configuration->Define pages from admin area to disable pages to appear under "Inforamtiom" main menu optiom/sidebar

Hard way:
    1. Change content of configuration table
    2. Add files and folders under /includes/langages/, /includes/modules, /includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/templates

Please read all about on fastinfo.com.au.

Plugin Contributions

I've followed all the steps of the PDF in page 2, but at last step installing the SQL patches i got this:

Failed: 1
    ERROR: Cannot insert configuration_key "" because it already exists
    Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.

My new page don't appear in configuration>define page status.

Anyone could help in how should I solve this?

Thanks

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567