Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to add pages to define page status?

Do you have defined somewhere:
    FILENAME_PAGE_5
    DEFINE_PAGE_5_STATUS
    BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_5

Without them things will not work ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charmedbytina2 View Post
    There is a module in the Free Software Add Ons tab above to add 3 pages to the More Information sidebox.

Compare the files there with what you have done to see what is missing (filenames.php edited for your new page?)

Tina
    ===============================
    Hi Tina,

thanks for your help.

You are correct, filenames.php was one of them I missed...

When I managed to find the "Software Add Ons" I decided I'd have a go.

Then, as I was surfing on the wave top, I decided I'd to it all for a triple language site, translating files and so forth.

Now, after four hours work I meet a blank screen.
    BLAST!

So I'm zillating a backup up the server and, whilst hoping for the best for saving the day... I answer you..

Thinking ZEN CART... I'll tell you a thought I am having at intervals.

Being someone who earns his living by brains, not hands, my job being that of an automotive project engineer, when I set on a new project I forcibly start on a white sheet, from the first line up.

This ZEN CART demands an opposite approach, which I often find disconcerting.

Sometimes I feel like I were a writer and they, telling me that all the words I might need to compose my next novel are on it, gave me a dictionary.

And a set of instructions the size of a Bible.

That's undoubtedly true, all words I need are there, but I haven't yet been able so size how long is to take (with the help of the Bible and the many well meaning volunteers helping this community) to search for my words through the pages of "that" dictionary.

A book where words are not entered following the a, b, c, d, alphabet order.

Which is why I am discouraged.
    In french they call it "Broyer du noir"

I wonder... am I an exception or such feelings are shared by others?

PS
    8:45pm, meantime Zilla FTP has finished...

The site is back to what it was.

To the contrary the admin shows the "Hello, thank you for loading Zen Cart" invite...

Time is that I pack up for the week.

Wish you a splendid week-end!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Tina,

call it pride, warm summer nights helping, my basic “Let’s know each other” test site is operative.

Thanks to your tip the [More information] pages are now up to seven, they are indexed too.

I suppose the previously reported snag of the [admin] screen was due for having replaced all over in my [admin] folders the [define_pages_editor.php] off the the bundle ,whereas that file should only be used in [admin/includes/laguages/your_language/ define_pages_editor.php]

A minor snag, pages 5 to7 don't show in the Site Map, a bug I do not seem capable to fix.

Considering the free nature of the imposing Zen Cart software and its international vocation I feel I would like to make a small contribution.

I elaborated a tri-lingual frame over the [More Information]Add On software.

Folders and files don't come at random but are placed in a root starting with [admin], [includes] and [languages]: that IMHO should help installation.

Following these lines the Add On structure, from present en, fr and it, could be opened further to comprise any language.

If you think this work could be useful to the community, I presume the bundle should next be checked by someone having the ZEN CART competence I miss and then edited. Helping is my compensation, else I want no merit.

I look forward to a suggestion for the right person to whom post a zip.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

You have to customize the Site Map to include your new pages ...

The code currently has:
    <?php if (DEFINE_PAGE_4_STATUS <= '1') { ?>
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_4) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_4 . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <?php } ?>
    If you add a similar set of code and change the 4 to 5, 6, 7 etc. these should show up on your site map ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Linda, most appreciate.

Using the Developers Tool I find the following strings in the remote server file
    STORE/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php
    ==========================================
    OMISSIS
    -------------------
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if (SHOW_NEWSLETTER_UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK == 'true') { ?>
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_UNSUBSCRIBE . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if (DEFINE_PAGE_2_STATUS <= '1') { ?>
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_2) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_2 . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if (DEFINE_PAGE_3_STATUS <= '1') { ?>
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_3) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_3 . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <?php } ?>
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_4) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_4 . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if (DEFINE_PAGE_5_STATUS <= '1') { ?>
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_5) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_5 . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if (DEFINE_PAGE_6_STATUS <= '1') { ?>
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_6) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_6 . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if (DEFINE_PAGE_7_STATUS <= '1') { ?>
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_7) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_7 . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <?php } ?>
    </ul></li>
    </ul>
    ==========================================

Page_2 to Page_7 are there, which is why I was unable to fix it.
    Could the snag be elsewhere?
    Tipical beginners problem... wonder what's waiting for yours truly around the corner.

BTW, May you enlighten me about what's the STATUS <= '1') meaning?

Thanls again

Plugin Contributions

Where do you have these defined as 1?
    DEFINE_PAGE_5_STATUS
    DEFINE_PAGE_6_STATUS
    DEFINE_PAGE_7_STATUS
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Good morning Linda,

thanks for helping.

The code comes from the file of the Add On bundle named [tpl_site_map_default.php]

Here is part of it:
    -------------------------------
    (OMISSIS)
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if (DEFINE_PAGE_5_STATUS <= '1') { ?>
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_5) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_5 . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <?php } ?>

(and so forth up to DEFINE_PAGE_7_STATUS <= '1')
    -------------------------------

Plugin Contributions

That is where the define constants are "used" ... the question is ... where are these "defined"?

Are they on the configuration table like the original pages?

Are they defined in a php fine somewhere?

Constants, such as:
    DEFINE_PAGE_5_STATUS
    DEFINE_PAGE_6_STATUS
    DEFINE_PAGE_7_STATUS

when referenced have a "value" or "text" ... if that "value" or "text" is not "defined" somewhere, then its value will be 0 ... and in an IF statement such as in the Site Map ... 0 means OFF or false ...

So, it sounds like you do not have these "defined" ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    That is where the define constants are "used" ... the question is ... where are these "defined"?
    (OMISSIS)
    So, it sounds like you do not have these "defined" ...
    Good morning Linda,

I do not to know php scripture and regrettably I haven' the time to learn it...

So I read what I see written and try to apply some brain to it, but I can not really tell what's doing what.

In doing my homework and trying to implement your suggestion the best I understood it, I made a search going to:

[/STORE/admin/developers_tool_kit.php?action=locate_all_files]

and found these hints:

I did it for [DEFINE_PAGE_4_] but pages 5,6 & 7 are similar.

Are the files [/STORE/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7_default.php] the place where "DEFINE" are "defined"?

Or I am missing something on the way?

Hope you will be able to enlighten my ignorance.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

The original defines for pages are stored in the database, example page 4:
    Code:
    insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Define Page 4', 'DEFINE_PAGE_4_STATUS', '1', 'Enable the Defined Page 4 Link/Text?<br />0= Link ON, Define Text OFF<br />1= Link ON, Define Text ON<br />2= Link OFF, Define Text ON<br />3= Link OFF, Define Text OFF', '25', '84', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\', \'2\', \'3\'),');
    These then show up on Configuration ... Define Pages ...

You could back up your database and make a set of these for page 5, 6, 7 etc. and add them to your database ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast