Default Understanding the SaleMaker Rules

just so i have this understanding correctly about salemaker.

Im going to setup a catagory which has LINKED products from other catagories. this will be my BLOWOUT SALE catagory.
    and run a sale on that catagory.

in order to do that, i have to make sure that the master cat id is that of the new catagory that im putting onsale? otherwise i have to put the sale on the master_cat_id catagory from which the products are masterd at, in order for them to show. Is that correct?

there is no way to setup a sale on linked products inside a a catagory that is all linked products?
    Super Orders2
    Info at a glance
    export email address
    encrypted master pass
    quick updates
    recover carts
    order Tracking
    Tabbed products lite - admin edition
    Hosted with sashbox.net <- best host around...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Understanding the SaleMaker Rules

If you use Linked Products ... but set a Sale via SaleMaker on the BlowOut Category ... by switching all the Products to use the master_categories_id for the BlowOut Category then all of the Products would get the Sale from SaleMaker ...

On the Copy there is the button to the:
    Multiple Categories Link Manager

The Products to Multiple Categories Link Manager allows you to reset all Products within a Category (that includes those that are Linked) to have a new master_categories_id ...

Reset ALL Products in the selected Category to use the selected Category as the new Master Categories ID ...
    Example: Resetting Category 22 would set ALL Products in Category 22 to use Category 22 as the Master Category ID
    Reset the Master Categories ID for All Products in Category:
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If you use Linked Products ... but set a Sale via SaleMaker on the BlowOut Category ... by switching all the Products to use the master_categories_id for the BlowOut Category then all of the Products would get the Sale from SaleMaker ...

On the Copy there is the button to the:
    Multiple Categories Link Manager

The Products to Multiple Categories Link Manager allows you to reset all Products within a Category (that includes those that are Linked) to have a new master_categories_id ...
    after i setup a blowout cat. and switch all the master ids to that cat for the products, can i use that same tool to remove them from that catagory and master them back to the orig?

also, when i do things like this, do i need to go back and do an UPDATE MASTER CATAGORY IDS via Store Manager? or is that not nessisary?

thanks for your help, i understand this alot better now.

i wish i would have known about the multi link tool being able to reset master cat ids and able to remove linked products.. that slick, would have saved me a ton of time this morning.

thanks again
    Super Orders2
    Info at a glance
    export email address
    encrypted master pass
    quick updates
    recover carts
    order Tracking
    Tabbed products lite - admin edition
    Hosted with sashbox.net <- best host around...

Plugin Contributions

When using the Zen Cart Admin features to make changes that would directly or indirectly affect pricing ... that is automatically done for you ...

So if you change categories_id 22 to change the master_categories_id to 22 on all of its Products ... it will make the change and then run the update on those products for you ...

Later, you can manipulate the Products and which Category is actually the master_categories_id

NOTE: this is a rather powerful little tool ... be sure to always Backup your database before attempting to use this ... and until you really have a handle on what you are doing, backup frequently while doing it ... as you can always delete a backup later when all is safe and running happily ...

I would much prefer 27 backups in an hour's time than blow my database ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Your tag line make me think about last night as I was plodding through my product list creating sales. Many of them were category based, but I still had to go through and manually do each one.

The reason? Was that for some unknown reason sales done through the sale maker don't show up on the "sales" page. I'd have thought they should, there is no reason I can think of for them not to be, but as a consideration of that requirement, a checkbox could be on that form (defaulting to "Sales" but you could turn it off)

At 2am in the morning its very painful to have to manually to price updates for sales.