Hi

PLEASE HELP

i can't find the thread supporting a mod i just download it call ;

Contact Information Sidebox
    Author: Clyde Jones
    Version: 1.0.1
    Zen Cart™ Version: v1.3.7
    Update added on Jan 31 2007

i did install it and folow the instructions ( as much that i know ) and it is not showing up

www.tiledepot.us/store

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: custom forms - data collection

Wow ... there seem to be a lot of posts on this topic. Just to inform you that I have just finished building the contribution on this subject as it will be published really soon in order to facilitate users task.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by motti View Post
    Hi

PLEASE HELP

i can't find the thread supporting a mod i just download it call ;

Contact Information Sidebox
    Author: Clyde Jones
    Version: 1.0.1
    Zen Cart™ Version: v1.3.7
    Update added on Jan 31 2007

i did install it and folow the instructions ( as much that i know ) and it is not showing up

www.tiledepot.us/store
    This question should probably be posted in another thread. I would contact Clyde on it for help (if you can't find the thread). He has a lot of contributions and posts available. Or you could just send him a Private Message by going to his profile.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: custom forms - data collection

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    FYI, and for what it's worth, the code was all in place, ...I share this simply for the benefit of others who might have some troubles when creating custom pages for their site ... filename accuracy is important ;) :!
    Hi Drbyte
    I don't expect that you remember all things from 2004 about custom forms. therefore I put all the made files as your instructions in a zip file attached.
    in fact I looked for a way to have a triple combobox in my product pages, but it doesn't work on zen pages. and I didn't get any answer in forum to combobox. I need that my customers fill a form situated in the product page and send it with the order at the same time. I saw this link below"""Check out the Rolex Repair Form link in the Information sidebox on this page: http://www.uswatchservice.com, Is this functionally what you need? ""; and it seems a little bit like what I need in priciples.
    I did your instructions but I see nothing on my pages, except of a message on top of the page that says:
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\extra_datafiles\band_signup.php:5) in D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\extra_datafiles\band_signup.php:5) in D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php on line 78

any idea how can I get this module to work? or is there in between progress in this module for zen 1.3.7, may be that it doen't work because my version in 1.3.7?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by reza View Post
    Hi Drbyte
    I did your instructions but I see nothing on my pages, except of a message on top of the page that says:
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\extra_datafiles\band_signup.php:5) in D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\extra_datafiles\band_signup.php:5) in D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php on line 78

any idea how can I get this module to work? or is there in between progress in this module for zen 1.3.7, may be that it doen't work because my version in 1.3.7?
    HI DrByte
    I could see the form now on the frontpage in information and more information boxes, in fact I should add $more_information and f$information string to all two files in the modules directory respectively and also in english.php in language dir.
    there is still a problem with the header, I get this message: Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\extra_datafiles\band_sign up.php:5) in D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\extra_datafiles\band_sign up.php:5) in D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\init_includes\init_templa tes.php on line 78
    , I used your troubleshooting file in downloads to resolve it, but no changes.
    when I delete the band_signup.php from extra_datafiles, the error message disapear bu also the form!!!!
    any help please?
    also is there any possibility to have the contents of the mailed-form in a database? I would like to have this form in product page, where or what do I put the link and what link?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I get this message: Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\wamp\www\zen\includes\extra_datafiles\band_sign up.php:5)
    You've made a typo of some sort on line 5 -- probably extra spaces in the end of the file.

See this FAQ for an explanation of typical ways this happens:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

You probably should check your other files for extra spaces as well, both top and bottom.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You've made a typo of some sort on line 5 -- probably extra spaces in the end of the file.

See this FAQ for an explanation of typical ways this happens:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

You probably should check your other files for extra spaces as well, both top and bottom.
    IT's okay now, although all the forms goes below in the page and actually disturb all the page, should I edit tpl_band_signup_default.ph to get the fields nearer together or somewhere else?

also, I see in modules/pages/band_sign/header.php, that database will get the information from the postef form, if its so, it's completely what I looked for, but i don't see and don't know where in the phpmyadmin can I find these posted data, also I don't get the form in email, but I see in admin/tools/archive emalis.

could you please help me for these too?
    thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

IT's okay now, although all the forms goes below in the page and actually disturb all the page, should I edit tpl_band_signup_default.ph to get the fields nearer together or somewhere else?
    The template file was built based on Zen Cart v1.2.x, which was current at the time those posts were made (and was based on using tables for layout).

You may have to make a few changes to bring the template into v1.3 compatibility, and thus not end up with layout problems. Perhaps comparing it with your contact_us template might be a starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by reza
    also, I see in modules/pages/band_sign/header.php, that database will get the information from the postef form, if its so, it's completely what I looked for, but i don't see and don't know where in the phpmyadmin can I find these posted data, also I don't get the form in email, but I see in admin/tools/archive emalis.
    If you are having problems sending emails, that is an entirely different issue.
    First, make sure the email address in the band_signup file is correct.
    If your site isn't sending any emails properly, that should be a different topic in a different thread.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

but all messages from frontshop are received in order except of band-singup; while the filled fields of the form of band-signup form is seen in admin email archive;
    In your /includes/languages/english/band_signup.php file, what do you have set for an email address?

If it's still set to the default discussed earlier in this thread, then someone ELSE is getting your emails:
    Code:
    define('SEND_TO_ADDRESS','[email protected] ');
    Perhaps you might try changing that to this:
    Code:
    define('SEND_TO_ADDRESS', STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
    ... so that the emails go to your mail store email address?

Plugin Contributions

I have already changed it to my emails' adresses in hotmail, yahoo and also shop owner to be sure that there is nothing due to the mail servers, results--> no changes;
    the point here is that why the mails are sent with header and footer but they can not recognize $EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML , and in the case of archive manager the whole of the email template statements, !!!

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast