Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: custom forms - data collection

Looks like I fixed the album and sku fields but I'm still having problem with the Name and Email. Could it be that I changed those fields to customer_name and customer_email?

Plugin Contributions

I fixed most of the problems. I did notice that the form only actually requires you to fill in name and address, even if you have the flags on. I'll look into this later. I've been going through too much code and too many changes to worry about it now.

The one major problem I'm still having though is that the name and email are still coming in with the not logged in message instead of what the customers input.

Any suggestions?

edit: I think I see what it is, I have my customer name and customer email fields (I have no clue about proper php terms), the same as the Office Use Only Login Name and Login Email

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE: FIXED IT! I changed what I was using to store the customer name and email from customer_ to spclorder_

Now just to figure out why it really doesn't check to see if anything is entered in the other fields.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: custom forms - data collection

1st, many thanks to Dr Byte for a great contrib. I am using the band signup form, and it has produced excellent results.

My question: Are there any files for an admin side interface? (My client would like to do their own updates, and that would make my life a bit easier too.) If not, what files would be required and perhaps I can come up with them.

Plugin Contributions

Finally! After days of searching (and worrying about my upcoming deadline), I've found what I need. At least it seems to be what I need.

This is an excellent add-on, and I thank you profusely for it.

I did come across one small problem in ZenCart v1.3.8 (final I guess...). The class inputLabel is overridden with the default stylesheet.css in the "Classic" template.

I doubt this is a big problem, because most people make their own styles anyway, but I figure I should report it.

Again, a big THANK YOU! for this, as I am still trying to muddle my way through ZenCart's...extensive...definition system.

Mike

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry for the double post, I cannot see any way to edit my previous.

I am wondering, where does this form submit to? Looking at the HTML, it submits to itself, but I don't see any place that processes the information to email or insert into a database. Has anyone used this to have a band sign themselves up so they could upload their own music? My client has requested something like this, but I honestly cannot figure out Zen Cart for the life of me. I have multiple years of PHP programming under my belt, and dozens designing webpages, but this seems to be a completely new language to me...O.o

Thanks,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I have downloaded this form and added it to my site http://www.jcraftz.co.uk/index.php?m...ge=send_direct. I would however like it to be an HTTPS page because ioof the nature of the information names and addresses etc. I have tried adding the code as suggested in this thread http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100796 which worked and ensured the form was secure. But then the form would not send because it would not validate. I removed the code
    //force redirect to secure page
    if($_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] != '443') { header('Location: https://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']); exit(); }
    and the form worked again.
    Can anyone help? I would rather that this form was sent securely. While I have the begging bowl out I wonder if anyone could possibly point me to a way of defaulting an item in the shopping cart to a field in this form.

Thanks in advance
    Ned

Plugin Contributions

Well I have solved the validation problem. I should have put the code to redirect on the template for the form and not the form itself. I even managed to get the form to redirect correctly after submitting by copying some code from the shopping cart page. I feel so smug now.
    However, I would still like to be able to default some fields in the form so if anyone out there knows how to do that Please let me know.

Plugin Contributions

Well folks I have followed this tread closely but have one little question on the successful completion of the form and email process how can I add a link to either a category or product. We have several products that require a lot of information before purchase and after the form is complete we need to send the customer to a hidden product or category. How and where can I accomplish this.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If I recall correctly, (I've not looked at this code in ages) after the zen_mail() function call, there is a zen_redirect() call. Change that call to go to the page you desire.

Or, if there is a "thank you your message has been sent" page, add your link to that thank-you text. (this requires no "programming")

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast