Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: custom forms - data collection

Diva, on an aside matter, do you have any idea where I can find some code for allowing the "manufacturer" in this instance to also upload a file together with the form? I think the one I found in the forum only works with attributes on the product selection screens...

Thanks a lot

Cliff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cliffvt View Post
    Diva, on an aside matter, do you have any idea where I can find some code for allowing the "manufacturer" in this instance to also upload a file together with the form? I think the one I found in the forum only works with attributes on the product selection screens...

Thanks a lot

Cliff
    I did a half a$$ed search for something like that a while back and had no luck..

My suggestion is to investigate the commercial section here or Rent-a-Coders.. (I've had good success with both) I am working with a coder now on two custom forms.. I had to have these created because of the somehwhat complex validation in both forms.. (which was beyond my skillset to create even using the band_signup zipfile as a template)

Plugin Contributions

Diva hope you're good today!! Yes, you guessed it, today I am struggling with "pull_down menus" - implemented this suggested code, but on the form it displays a blank drop-down menu. If I leave all fields blank and then press "Submit" , as expected, it brings up errors for all the other fields, NOT the drop-down one, but viola!, the pulldown field is magically populated. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here, seeing that you've mastered it?

here is my code:

HEADER_PHP:
    // Pulldown to select a country
    // Set default selection:
    $default_pulldown_selection = '0';

//For validation, you're looking for the contents of the $_POST['choir_country'] variable
    // this is only set after "submit" is clicked.
    $pulldown_selected_item = (isset($_POST['choir_country'])) ? $_POST['choir_country'] : $default_pulldown_selection ;

//build an array of entries to be displayed on the template for field 'choir_country':
    $pulldown_contents[] = array('id'=>'0', 'text'=>'Please Select');
    $pulldown_contents[] = array('id'=>'1', 'text'=>'England');
    $pulldown_contents[] = array('id'=>'2', 'text'=>'Wales');
    $pulldown_contents[] = array('id'=>'3', 'text'=>'Scotland');
    $pulldown_contents[] = array('id'=>'4', 'text'=>'Northern Ireland');

// Validation for the 'choir_country' selected field here.
    if ($pulldown_selected_item==0) {
    $messageStack->add_session('header','You must select a country, please','error');
    }
    TEMPLATE:
    <label class="inputLabel" for="choir_country">Which country are you in?:</label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu('choir_country', $pulldown_contents, $pulldown_selected_item); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    Any ideas at all?

Cheers

Cliff

Plugin Contributions

I figured out that the pulldown field contents are only generated AFTER the submit button is pressed. Any ideas how it could be generated BEFORE the submit button is pressed, i.e. on first display of the form?

Thanks

Cliff

Plugin Contributions

All

Please pardon my stupidity. I have figured it out now and its sorted. :) It's all about WHERE I place the code for this - it should be placed BEFORE the "if (isset($_GET['action']) && ($_GET['action'] == 'send'))" line in the form handler file to work propely. I placed it after that. duh!!

Hope this helps other newbies too!

Cheers

Cliff

Plugin Contributions

Good Morning Cliff..

I have had a good laugh reading your dropdown field evolution..

All I had mastered was the dropdown field validation so that the "Select One" value errored out if selected.. It looks like you figured out how to get the dropdown field to populate with the array from the header_php file.. (that was the part that STUMPED me..)

Plugin Contributions

Hello

Drbyte

thank you very much for the module:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=72

It was very useful

I added many pages using it and it works, but sudenly after the form is sent I have a blank white page, I have no clue why??

my page is:
    http://jeshop.ma/index.php?main_page=band_signup

after i send i get white page:
    http://jeshop.ma/index.php?main_page...up&action=send

Your help is very apprciated
    ...........Being zenned............

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joudesign View Post
    ...I have a blank white page...
    FAQ on troubleshooting blank pages: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you drByte

I tried that but no clue

I re - installed a new band-signup files and I get the blank page

when i show the errors, when i press send button, I get:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/local/configure.php:1) in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Notice: Constant OFFICE_IP_TO_HOST_ADDRESS already defined in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/languages/french/email_extras.php on line 56

Notice: Constant OTHER_IMAGE_ already defined in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/languages/french/other_images_names.php on line 35

Notice: Constant OTHER_IMAGE_ already defined in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/languages/french/other_images_names.php on line 36

Notice: Constant OTHER_IMAGE_ already defined in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/languages/french/other_images_names.php on line 37

Notice: Constant OTHER_IMAGE_ already defined in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/languages/french/other_images_names.php on line 38

Notice: Constant BUTTON_IMAGE_GOTO_PROD_DETAILS already defined in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/languages/french/other_images_names.php on line 44

Notice: Constant BUTTON_GOTO_PROD_DETAILS_ALT already defined in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/languages/french/other_images_names.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/local/configure.php:1) in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

Notice: Constant HEADING_TITLE already defined in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/languages/french/band_signup.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined variable: email_text in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/modules/pages/band_signup/header_php.php on line 194

Notice: Undefined index: EMAIL_TO_NAME in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 83

Notice: Undefined index: EMAIL_TO_ADDRESS in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 84

Notice: Undefined index: EMAIL_SUBJECT in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 85

Notice: Undefined index: EMAIL_FROM_NAME in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 86

Notice: Undefined index: EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 87

Notice: Undefined variable: email_reply_to_address in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 219

Notice: Undefined variable: email_reply_to_name in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 220

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/local/configure.php:1) in /home/jeshop/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

---------

Your help is appreciated , it was working and I have no clue what caused this

Plugin Contributions

any help plz?

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast