Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ssl: godaddy or geotrust

Quote Originally Posted by getyourgameshere.com View Post
    thats good to hear man, glad you got a choice made :)

with my store, theres probably never going to be a single order over $1000, much less $150. I don't display the seal because its cheesy looking but I tell my customers that its secured, and they can check it too but clicking the lock and stuff like that. I didn't have too much $$ at the time to spend on SSL to I chose GoDaddy, but eventually I may upgrade to something better (like when sales increase :))
    yeah, my orders are generaly under $100 and have been few and far between but I know I'm getting traffic and extended page views so maybe the visitors are leaving for reasons other than just not finding what they like and I have to attempt to see if my payment system and security on the site might be a problem. And I do have poker chip sets for a $1000 and poker tables for over $2000.

I was close to choosing the godaddy but this just seemed more convenient and actually more sensible for me.

I currently have the GoDaddy Turbo SSL seal on my site...does it really look so cheesy that I should remove it?

Plugin Contributions

i personally don't like the seal.. you're better off with a custom made seal that fits the colors of your site as well. Something with "secured by starfield technologies" and an image of a lock would be good enough, and then you can have a "click here to verify" if you wanted to.

I do love the way you put your site together though :)

Plugin Contributions

i personally don't like the seal.. you're better off with a custom made seal that fits the colors of your site as well. Something with "secured by starfield technologies" and an image of a lock would be good enough, and then you can have a "click here to verify" if you wanted to.

I was thinking about doing my own seal too but I don't know if you can; is that possible?

and thanks about the site. did a new logo today. was waiting for the ssl but I guess it'll have to be monday before I take on that whole mess and the linkpoint installation. that's gonna be fun.

i was trying to find a dropshipper a while back for video game consoles. have you looked into that?

Plugin Contributions

i know that D&H drop ships Xbox360 at this time, not sure what other consoles they do. Locally there is a "Video by Cycling" distribution center, which is owned by D&H if i'm not mistaken.. they drop ship

The stuff I get though is straight from Hong Kong and China.. I didn't want to sign up yet with D&H because I was afraid of minimum orders per month and stuff.. so just gaining some traffic with the accessories right now and eventually I'll start investing in games

Plugin Contributions

i know that D&H drop ships Xbox360 at this time, not sure what other consoles they do. Locally there is a "Video by Cycling" distribution center, which is owned by D&H if i'm not mistaken.. they drop ship

The stuff I get though is straight from Hong Kong and China.. I didn't want to sign up yet with D&H because I was afraid of minimum orders per month and stuff.. so just gaining some traffic with the accessories right now and eventually I'll start investing in games
    cool i'll check that out. i'd like to get some of the poker and old west video games to offer on the site. it would be cool to be able to offer the consoles as well maybe as a package. just a thought. i have way too many ideas.

you've got a great domain name for your site. have you got all the google webmaster stuff set up for it? i have analytics, google base, sitemap and adwords.

that looks like it's going to really help when the traffic starts coming in. right now it's too soon to tell how it's going to work. only been live for a little over a month. and i'm not sure how the ssl and merchant card services is going to affect the sales. i'm sure it will. almost 90% of my customers are first time visitors but if they don't see that ssl etc i think they tend to fly. poker players are usually pretty knowledgeable about web shopping.

good luck with your site. i'm going to keep an eye on it. i have an old xbox that went south. the 360 or the new playstation is my next purchase.

So it would be ok for me to make my own seal?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mafiasam View Post
    cool i'll check that out. i'd like to get some of the poker and old west video games to offer on the site. it would be cool to be able to offer the consoles as well maybe as a package. just a thought. i have way too many ideas.

you've got a great domain name for your site. have you got all the google webmaster stuff set up for it? i have analytics, google base, sitemap and adwords.

that looks like it's going to really help when the traffic starts coming in. right now it's too soon to tell how it's going to work. only been live for a little over a month. and i'm not sure how the ssl and merchant card services is going to affect the sales. i'm sure it will. almost 90% of my customers are first time visitors but if they don't see that ssl etc i think they tend to fly. poker players are usually pretty knowledgeable about web shopping.

good luck with your site. i'm going to keep an eye on it. i have an old xbox that went south. the 360 or the new playstation is my next purchase.
    That's actually a good idea.. kind of widen the horizon so to speak. You'll be catering to more customers, not just people who like poker but also people who may not like card games in person, only digitally :)

Thanks for the domain comment.. I asked a few of my friends to think up of some names and this was the best one that came out of the 5-6 of us.. so it stuck . I do have all the Google stuff set up for it, Analytics, Base, Sitemap, AdWords, and even Google hosted mail (since I love gmail). I'm currently not advertising with AdWords since I'm low on stock right now and awaiting more stuff, but its a good way to get people in the door. The best way, I've noticed because of the Analytics installed.. is Google base. Before I had that, I was getting about 1/2 my traffic from 2 sites and the rest was just random places where I post up on forums. After signing up with base.. 1/3rd of my traffic comes from Google.. and the other traffic amounts haven't changed.. only the proportions have

SSL.. I personally haven't noticed a change in sales because of it, but its always a good thing to have. When I started out I didn't have it, but after reading a ton about it here on ZC forums, I sprung to get a TurboSSL cert at the least. Cost me $17.99.. found a 10% coupon for GoDaddy online

Merchant services should help a lot though. There's quite a few people out there who don't know what paypal is and don't want to sign up with it, and are willing to just type in their card number. I've lost 2 sales because I only offered PayPal (though I did mark it as "credit card" also).. which is why I'm in the process of getting a merchant account.. I only knew of those 2 sales because they contacted me.. not sure how many others there are. And it doesn't help that PayPal changed the "Don't have a PayPal account? click here" text to "Don't have a PayPal account? Sign up now!".. at least the first way people could explore around and see if its required to sign up with one.

Hopefully that info helps.. kinda dragged on about it.. sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by iZilla_Pod View Post
    So it would be ok for me to make my own seal?
    It should be.. I don't see why not. May want to review the GoDaddy TOS just in case, but I highly doubt they have anything against it (as long as you're not saying you have a different brand certificate.. ex. "Trusted by Verisign" but your cert is from GoDaddy)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12