Plugin Contributions

Default checkout slow in 1.3.0.1

Using 1.3.0.1 without SSL.

Finding that the final checkout page is taking about 53 seconds to process (using FasterFox to time it). Not using SSL and doesn't seem to matter how many products are in cart or the purchase method - i am only using bank transfer and check payments (no credit card)... so i don't understand why it takes so long.

All other pages are really fast - even those with 300+ queries in the page. The index.php?main_page=checkout_success is the only slow one (~53 seconds) and it has only 75 queries in my site.

www.ifthesheetfits.com/test3/

The checkout takes 53 seconds but the parse time says Parse Time: 0.182 - Number of Queries: 75 - Query Time: 0.0478 which is really fast, obviously.

Is there a sleep or a name lookup somewhere? I have IP resolution turned off etc

I'm gussing that something in ZC is trying to check or resolve or write somewhere it can't and its timing out.

Is there a way to debug zencart to see where it takes so long?
    Last edited by mooneyn; 13 May 2006 at 08:02 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: checkout slow in 1.3.0.1

Attempted to test it. While creation of a new account seemed to take awhile to receive the next page ~30 seconds -- the checkout page had no payment methods so I could not move beyond that to see what you are experiencing.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Thanks for that taking the time! I didn't have any payment options for the zone your in. I've updated this so your welcome to try again.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Creating records in the database does appear to take an extreamly long time ...

Create Account takes forever ...

Checkout Confirmation takes forever ...

Speak to your hosting site and see if there is something up with the MySQL server or your database itself ...

To have them test this, if they do not get it ... have them just create an account on your shop ... no need to try to checkout as that just will confuse them ...

Who are you hosting with?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I know this thread i started is totally ancient... but i worked out the problem after a lot of head banging and feel i should share it with the community.

The problem with my slow checkout is that my ISP has hacked their sendmail mail daemon so that there is an annoying delay between the time sendmail accepts the TCP/25 connection and when it prints the first SMTP banner.

This gap is 25 seconds!

So it accepts the connection near instantly ... but its 25 seconds before you can send the helo command.

I have learnt some ISP's do this on purpose to annoy spammers - ie, only allow the user to send a e-mails to a few recipents at a time and make them wait 25 seconds before they can start sending data - this will cause spammer to go elsewhere.... but most at home users won't notice as their e-mail client sends e-mail in the background.

How this relates to zencart? Everytime a user created an account, bought a product or used the "tell a friend" section the scripts would attempt to send a mail and of course, would have to wait 25 seconds for the mail server to accept the helo command .

This behavour occurs on both SMTP mail and using the sendmail binary directly.

I have turned off the e-mail features as a temporary way around this till a find a new hosting company.

Hope this helps someone.

Nick.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update and letting us know that the large delay was a hosting issue with the email ...

Take a peek at our Certified Hosting sites ... they will be able to help you with a good, fast, reliable and affordable solution ... without the big delay ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: checkout slow in 1.3.0.1

Wow, this post helped me a ton!

The problem may be the same. I will explain my config. I have an UltraMonkey cluster running ZenCart and my primary private network name server died.

I found that my RealServers were using the primary only for DNS.
    I changed their resolv.confs to point to the secondary and everything seemed to be fine.

Checkouts were still very very slow and I started seeing duplicate orders from users clicking a couple of times on the confirm button.

Since sendmail does dns caching and since I read this post. I restarted sendmail on both RealServers and bingo... fast checkout!

Hope it helps...

So your delay could be name server related lookups from sendmail on your host.