Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping in one country only turns shipping off entirely :(

While seting up my site I had shipping set to free for everywhere. after a few niggles I managed toget that working OK

Today I went and changed freeshipping from --none-- to Ireland (I don't want to ship to other countries at all just yet). now my test address in Ireland, is being told it connot be shipped to at all by the cart!!! zen- cart shipping is really confusing to me!
    Last edited by wolf99; 13 Oct 2006 at 05:44 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping in one country only turns shipping off entirely :(

no-one know, huh?

Okay try this one, I have set postcode set not to be required in as by documentation, but it still shows as being needed.... anyone know whats going on?

as for above I have freeshipper turned on, (but the little indicator is orange not green) and set to:
    Enable Free Shipping = True; Free Shipping Cost = 0.00; Handling Fee = 0; Tax Class = Ireland all; Shipping Zone = Ireland; Sort Order = 0

and Shipping/packaging set to:
    Country of Origin = Ireland; Postal Code = none; Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship = 50; Package Tare Small to Medium - added percentage:weight = 0:3; Larger packages - added packaging percentage:weight = 10:0; Display Number of Boxes and Weight Status = 0; Order Free Shipping 0 Weight Status = 1 ; Shipping Estimator Display Settings for Shopping Cart = 0

Am kinda at a loss for what to do. have been looking over other threads and they don't really make much sense to me....
    Last edited by wolf99; 16 Oct 2006 at 03:07 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Free Shipping freeshipper is a special Shipping Module that is based on the whole cart being Free Shipping due to 0 weight or Always Free Shipping ...

When it shows all other Shipping modules turn off ...

Under what specific conditions are you trying to have Free shipping only for the shipping charges?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I need to have free shipping inside Ireland and by percentage of cost with cost per distance form ireland, for all countries out side of ireland.

Would settle for being able to make maybe flat rate for all countries including Ireland for temp stop gap, cos not able to sell anything anywhere currently

Plugin Contributions

That is what i am facing too.

1. When store is multilingual (or shipping abroad), you are not "allowed" to assign FREE SHIPPING for specific regions/countries.
    free shipping icon is dispalyed to all customers.

2. Even if someone marks a porduct as "always free shipping" and manages to have free shipping icon displayed only for native customers, then foreign customers won't be able to chekout as "sorry, we are not shipping to your country" is displayed.

I tried to assign several products as "always free shipping" as I need to have free shipping for them ONLY to domestic cutomers.
    Customers from abroad should pay their shipping expenses.
    Now...FREESHIPPING OPTIONS cant't be used in my case, FREESHIPPER either as long as I ship abroad.

Plugin Contributions

Let's say you wanted Free Shipping for the US and UPS for everywhere else ...

You would turn on the Free Shipping Options freeoptions and set this to:

Total >= 0.00

You would make a Zone for US Only ...

Next, turn on UPS ... and set the Zone to World Wide except US ...

NOTE: you have to create the 2 zones for this ... I do have a post that contains all that you need to make a World Wide Zone except the US running around somewhere on the forum ...

Then, you would setup your products with weight as usual ...

Now if you are in the US ... you can only see the Free Shipping Options freeoptions as you are in the US Zone ...

Then, if anywhere except the US ... you can only see the UPS as that is the only Shipping module with a Zone that you belong to ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,

well...I was a good student and read ALL the posts regarding FREE SHIPPING.
    The main issue is, that :
    - as long as you want to assign SEVERAL products as "always free shipping" (free ship for domestic customers)
    - ship them abroad as well (but you need to charge to foreign customers)
    the checkout proccess will stuck.

As long you need the icon "free shipping" displayed by assigning items as "always free shipping" > this work would FREESHIPPER do.
    This is fine for domestic customers. But how about the rest of the world?
    The "free shipping icon" will be visible to all customers, but foreigners will have to be charged....and stuck in checkout.

Now, the only workaround I managed to do is:
    - using a cloned FREESHIPPER and setting flags to products, marked as "always_free_shipping_domestic"
    - to have the icon "free shipping" displayed ONLY to domestic customers.
    This had to be done by inserting an additional field in table "products" and to modify several core files.

But it works.....

Is it ok to post the changes?... as I saw plenty of posts regarding this matter, from people who have the need to mark products "always free shipping" with icon displayed...but to apply this only to their domestic customers. "Foreigners" shall be charged with usual shipping.

Plugin Contributions

Technically that could work so that the US sees the icon and everyone else does not ...
    Linda McGrath