Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FAQ Module Sidebox Issue

Hello,

We have recently installed the FAQ module perfectdesigning.net, however, the background for the sidebox is not displaying properly (as seen at our site http://www.izillapod.com in the sidebox called: "FAQ Categories"). How would we fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FAQ Module Sidebox Issue

This is a reasonably skilfully constructed mod but a little long in the tooth. The readme.txt file states that it is designed for Zen Cart 1.2x releases but you're running with a Zen Cart 1.3x version.

The immediate problem that this causes you is that the side box structure is different, so some of the hooks needed for your CSS to hang from aren't provided by this mod. This is a very common problem with sideboxes for older mods but there is a simple solution that has worked in every other case that I have dealt with (5 to date!).

Locate the includes/templates/template_default/sidesboxes/tpl_faq_categories.php file and find line 22
    $content = "";
    and immediately afterwards create a new line and put the following on it
    $content .= '<div id="' . str_replace('_', '-', $box_id . 'Content') . '" class="sideBoxContent">' . "\n";
    Then go to the bottom of the file and immediately before the
    ?>
    insert a new line and put this on it
    $content .= '</div>' . "\n";
    As you don't appear to have experienced any other problems with this mod, there is a high probability that this solution will work.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Kuroi, thanks for the speedy reply. Your solution worked perfectly. Thanks again.

I updated the FAQ MODULE for 1.3.5 (thanks to Kuroi) and have submitted it to the downloads section. It can be found, here.

Plugin Contributions

when I try to install sql file:

1062 Duplicate entry 'SHOW_FAQ_COUNTS' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Show FAQ Category Counts', 'SHOW_FAQ_COUNTS', 'true', 'Count recursively how many FAQs are in each FAQ category', @t4, 9, NULL, now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''), ');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

How can I do to solve?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 100asa View Post

in:
    [INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Show FAQ Category Counts', 'SHOW_FAQ_COUNTS', 'true', 'Count recursively how many FAQs are in each FAQ category', @t4, 9, NULL, now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''), ');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

How can I do to solve?
    i have the exact same issue....

bump?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 100asa View Post

in:

How can I do to solve?
    I also ran into this problem, does anyone know of a solution?
    Not totally zenned yet but working on it.

Vytle.com powered by Zen 1.3.6

Plugin Contributions

me too, the same message.
    Anyone knows how to solve it?
    It affects in anything?

Plugin Contributions

Go to the Tools ... Developer's Tool Kit ...

In the top input box, enter:
    SHOW_FAQ_COUNTS

Do not select anything from the dropdown, and click Search ...

Does it come up with a display?

If so, and you click the EDIT button, do you find that you already have this configuration_key set in your database?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I followed your instructions and it shows that I have "Show FAQ Category Counts" set to "true". So I assume this means I have the configuration_key set in my databse. However, this is installed along with the other FAQ module files so why would it give me this error?

Anyway, assuming this key is set in the database already, should I remove the line of code that is causing the problem from the .sql file and try to reenter the information using the sql patch installer?
    Not totally zenned yet but working on it.

Vytle.com powered by Zen 1.3.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast