Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default site "freezes" while in admin

Hello! While I'm in the admin section adding items or editing prices, etc. the admin "freezes" and so does my entire website. I'm usually able to add about 3 or 4 items and then all of a sudden I can't proceed. I get the "page cannot display" notice in my browser for both my admin and also when I try to open my website or refresh the page I'm editing on my website. I usually have to wait about 2 or 3 minutes and then it will work again, only to do the same thing over again after adding a few products. This happens with both Explorer and Firefox. Would this be an issue with my host? Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings." ---- is what happens, as if my site no longer exists for those few minutes. I also host my auction pics on the same site and during that time (sometimes) my auction pics do not show up on my auction pages either.

Zen Cart 1.3.5
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.5

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: site "freezes" while in admin

Have you an URL to your Catalog that we can look at?

Any slow downs in the Catalog?

Is this a clean install of v1.3.5?

If this is an upgrade, what version did you upgrade from and how did you do the upgrade?

What kind of server unix or windows?

What version php?

What version MySQL?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Have you an URL to your Catalog that we can look at?

Any slow downs in the Catalog?

Is this a clean install of v1.3.5?

If this is an upgrade, what version did you upgrade from and how did you do the upgrade?

What kind of server unix or windows?

What version php?

What version MySQL?

Zen Cart 1.3.5
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.5
    v1.3.0.2 [2006-07-29 04:21:02] (Version Update 1.3.0.1->1.3.0.2)
    v1.3.0.1 [2006-06-13 17:44:10] (Fresh Installation)

Server OS: Linux 2.4.21-32.ELsmp
    Database: MySQL 4.0.27-max-log
    PHP Version: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)
    HTTP Server: Apache

http://www.buttonbunny.com

Am I missing any info? I do not notice any slow downs in the catalog when it is functioning normally (when I am not messing around in the admin). I didn't have any issues when I upgraded to 1.3.5 other than the EZ Page link was missing from my admin but I fixed that. This was happening before the upgrade, but I wasn't adding a lot of items at that time and didn't think much of it. Also, could any mods cause a problem like this?

Thanks for replying!

Plugin Contributions

You appear to be hosting with godaddy ...

Doing a search on godaddy, you will find that it is notoriously slow due to overloaded servers ...

Sounds like you are on a server that is either throttling your site or overloaded and slowing down your site ...

Sites should not run slow one minute, fast the next and then slow the next ...

This stalling is not normal ...

Speak to your hosting site about getting moved to a better server or consider one of our Certified Hosting sites via the hosting link at the top of your screen ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for checking it out. I was afraid this was the situation since I have heard bad things about GoDaddy. I just didn't want to go through the trouble of moving everything.

Plugin Contributions

Most, if not all, of the Certified Hosting sites that we have listed will move you from your old server to the new server ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Does the SSL cert I purchased with GoDaddy go with me if I move? Sorry, but I don't really know much about hosting.

Plugin Contributions

You own it ... talk to your new hosting site about this and they can help you better ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I called GoDaddy and was told that the server I am on has a low load and that the only thing they can see is that there are a lot of database queries. Which of course to someone like me who knows nothing about databases and servers, he might as well be speaking German.

Plugin Contributions

craftzombie-

I ran across this thread while looking for something totally different and my curiosity got the better of me.

From what I could find, you are not hosted directly by GoDaddy. Depending on the time of day they checked, they may or may not see a heavy load and probably didn't bother to check any logs.

Your site would appear to be hosted on a shared server.
    What this means is your web host (the one you pay each month so you can have your website) is a reseller who is not on a dedicated (they are the only one using) setup.
    They rent a certain amount of space from their hosting company and then resell portions to their own clients.
    It's kinda like subletting office space. Someone rents an entire floor from the building owner and then sub-leases parts of that out to various businesses.
    Done correctly this is not a bad (but not ideal) arrangement.

What this means for your site is that there is only a certain amount of processing power and bandwidth available, which much be shared by everyone. So if anyone else is using a large percentage of it, your site will suffer slow speeds (like having too many programs running on your desktop and everything takes forever) or could be totally unavailable if speed slows to the point page loads start to time out.

Ever have problem with your email not working then suddenly it is, then is stops again for no reason?
    Your server is being repeatedly blacklisted listed as a spam server.
    Your current one seems to get blacklisted several times per month (as of this morning, it was again).
    If you have several spam sites hosted on the same server, they are also going to be using a lion share of resources as they do their mailing or other operations since I would assume they store their mail/member lists in a database and use scripts to automatically bulk send or perform other operations.

I tried to check on the company I assume is your host, but all I got as was a single splash page with a logo.

From taking a look at the records for your server, my advice is take your domain and your website and find a better host and change registrars fast.
    Ajeh has it right. You need to switch.
    Last edited by wolfear; 4 Nov 2006 at 05:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast