Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Upcoming in 2 months shows in current month new products why and how can I remove

When I add a new item and schedule it to arrive on December 1, 2006 it shows up in new products for October. I would rather it now show up under New products since it has not arrived yet. Is there anyway to change this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upcoming in 2 months shows in current month new products why and how can I remove

In the products table is the field:
    products_date_added

This is the field used by the New Products ...

While you cannot change this date via the Zen Cart Admin, as that is the real date that the Product was added ... you can edit the date via phpMyAdmin to make it older than the date on your New Products setting ...

Or, you can change all of your settings for New Products to not allow for products_date_available when set to in the future ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Upcoming in 2 months shows in current month new products why and how can I remove

Thanks for the reply but I am not sure I can do this. What would you suggest is the best method?

I am a novice with Zen Cart and your help still confuses me some.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    In the products table is the field:
    products_date_added

This is the field used by the New Products ...

While you cannot change this date via the Zen Cart Admin, as that is the real date that the Product was added ... you can edit the date via phpMyAdmin to make it older than the date on your New Products setting ...

Or, you can change all of your settings for New Products to not allow for products_date_available when set to in the future ...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upcoming in 2 months shows in current month new products why and how can I remove

The easiest method is to use phpMyAdmin and fix the products_date_added field to be older than your New Product setting so the upcoming do not show in the New Products ...

Otherwise this would require code changes that you may not be prepared to customize on your own ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!