Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Printable Price list :: support thread

Since quite some people ask questions about the price list contribution, I decided to setup a new "official" support thread for it.

I would really like to update the price list to clean up the code and such, and also to add some features and options. It is unlikely that I will have time for all that soon though . But hopefully this thread will at least bring people asking for support, and all information about the price list, together.

Price list Links:
    Download of the current version: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=276
    Archived support thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4014 (lots of info there!)

hth,
    Paul

(note: of course others are welcome to update and support this contribution as well!)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Printable Price list :: support thread

Thanks for this contribution Paul.

One suggestion, by adding a column for qty to order, then a few lines for customer info and payment type, cc info, this could double as a fax order form and marketing tool to drive more orders.

We still get many phone orders and this would be very helpful.

Thanks for supporting Zen.

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Again, thanks for this wonderful contribution. I'd like to throw my hat in the ring by requesting the addition of images to the pricelist.
    This is certainly not the first time you've heard this request, I know. (In fact, I believe that you stated in another thread that it was the most requested update.)
    I use the pricelist as our automatically updated inventory to be used by my wife and I, as well as our employees in the store. We have a bead, beading supply, craft and designer jewelry store and literally have thousands of products. The pricelist has made it much simpler for me to balance the online inventory with the actual inventory. The only thing that keeps it from being the best module yet presented is the fact that images are not a part of it. The additions of images would be an incredible time-saver for me. I hope that you'll be able to find the time to make this important change.

Thanks so much.

Tim

Plugin Contributions

Some more info about the price list I have written recently:

The (Printable) Price List obviously is a price list that's mainly targeted at printing (obviously ;-) ) the information on paper. Another (non printing related) usage is that it adds quick links to all your products, which is handy for several purposes.

It currently prints (sorted by category):

* price inc tax
    * price ex tax
    * special price
    * category names
    * model nr.
    * manufacturer
    * weight
    * stock
    * two extra notes columns (empty, for adding written notes after printing)

Most of which columns are optional. It has a basic sorting feature and opttions to show all categories or only one category at the time (the latter is better for speed and memory usage, with large stores).

And more.... An example stylesheet is included for printing on A4 (should be easy to adapt to other formats).

Most wanted (so the the features mentioned below are not implemented yet!) features are:

* custom columns for additional data
    * products descriptions
    * products images
    * hide prices for non approved customers
    * show prices to the store owner only

And more?

(As said, I do not expect to have time for all this soon. But, if time permits, I do have some ideas on how to add some of the above features)

Plugin Contributions

@tim and rnet:

In general new columns are added by editting zen-cart\includes\modules\pages\pricelist\header_php.php . One of the columns added a while after the first release was the stock. The modifications that where needed for that are marked by "// stock by bmoroney", this can be used as an example on how to add more columns.

Of course the sql file would need to be editted as well (to switch the new column on/off and set the sort order through admin).

@tim: I think it would be nice to be able to dynamicly add the columns you want. That way adding even more, or other of those "empty columns", later on would be very easy. By dynamicly I mean adding a configuration file for example, which contains an array of column settings for column names, and sort order settings.
    Last edited by paulm; 17 Oct 2006 at 04:26 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Version 1.2:

1. Several minor code changes (trying to clean up a bit of the the old mess ;-) ).

2. Removed the need to overwrite or edit the currencies class. (So no core code changes are needed anymore for this mod!)

3. Merged several files into one. For easier layout edits (I hope). Header, footer and body all moved to pricelist/tpl_main_page.php

4. Some small changes to the stylesheet (screen header, the printing css is unchanged)

For now I will attach the zip to this thread. If more important changes are made, or features are added (hopefully soon), it will be uploaded to the Zen downloads section.
    Last edited by paulm; 8 Nov 2006 at 03:19 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
    2. Removed the need to overwrite or edit the currencies class. (So no core code changes are needed anymore for this mod!)
    Oops, I just noticed I left in the currencies.php file. Better remove it form the zip before installing, or else do not overwrite your currencies.php file while installing.

It won't break anything, but the idea was to not overwrite or edit any core file with this version :-)

Plugin Contributions

Great mod, thank you for making my life easier for postal customers!!

One question - is there any way of removing the header logo from each page of the price list. It will save me about 5 pages on the pricelist if this is removed, and I don't really need it as all company info is on each page anyway...

Thanks

Sara
    Last edited by sajiepaj; 25 Oct 2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: typo
    DIY Favour Boxes
    One Eyed Cat
    I've been Zenned - how come I still have to think?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Sara,

maybe I should add switches so that it will be possible to switch headers and footer on and off per listing profile?

But for now you can edit YOUR_TEMPLATE/pricelist/tpl_main_page.php and remove the lines between (latest version only):
    Code:
    <!-- bof Price List page header -->
    and:
    Code:
    <!-- eof Price List page header -->

*Or* you can add this to the stylesheet (all recent versions):
    Code:
    .headPL{
    display: none;
    }
    When adding the above CSS to YOUR_TEMPLATE/pricelist/stylesheet.css it wil be hidden from all lists, screen and print. It's also possible to add it to a specific stylesheet (like profile-a4-portrait.css for example), then it will only be hidden from that one (and if you put it between the *media print CSS the headers will only be hidden when printing)
    Last edited by paulm; 26 Oct 2006 at 12:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks - the switch sounds like a good idea;-)

But for now you can edit YOUR_TEMPLATE/pricelist/tpl_main_page.php and remove the lines between (latest version only):
    Code:
    <!-- bof Price List page header -->
    and:
    Code:
    <!-- eof Price List page header -->
    All I have in tpl_main_page.php is this:

Code:
     $header_template = 'tpl_header.php';
      $footer_template = 'tpl_footer.php';
      $left_column_file = 'column_left.php';
      $right_column_file = 'column_right.php';
      $body_id = str_replace('_', '', $_GET['main_page']);

// this file can be copied to /templates/your_template_dir/pagename
     // example: to override the privacy page
     // make a directory /templates/my_template/privacy
     // copy /templates/templates_defaults/common/tpl_main_page.php to /templates/my_template/privacy/tpl_main_page.php
     // to override the global settings and turn off columns un-comment the lines below for the correct column to turn off

// $flag_disable_left = true;
     // $flag_disable_right = true;
    ?>
    <body id="<?php echo $body_id; ?>">

<?php require($body_code); ?>

</body>
    so nothing to remove!

I tried change the css file, which worked fine but didn't reduce the number of pages, rather just left a space at the bottom of each as big as the header used to be!

Is there another tpl_main_page I missed!!

Sara
    DIY Favour Boxes
    One Eyed Cat
    I've been Zenned - how come I still have to think?

Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast