Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Printable Price list :: support thread

Hi paulm - thanks for the superb contribution.

I have a question, the answer to which I hope will benefit many.

I have Zen Cart 1.3.9 with Price-List 1.5.0. I also have Group Pricing per Item 1.3.3.

It would be fantastic to be able to authorize a logged in user who has a Group Pricing Per Item discount, and show him a price list with both the Retail Price from database field v_products_price and also his own price from one of :

v_products_group_a_price
    v_products_group_b_price
    v_products_group_c_price
    v_products_group_d_price

(these fields are specific to the Group Pricing per Item mod).

At the moment, all that happens with my site on trying to access www.mysite.com/index.php?main_page=pricelist (when logged in with a Group C account) is a message on screen saying: Sorry, you're not allowed to view this list.Log Out

In Admin I have set up Group C as the "Group Name" on my Profile 2 Price List and Group C appears on the list of Groups under Admin>Customers>Group Pricing.

I would appreciate any suggestions very much, I have a specific national distributor wanting to see a printable price list prior to making his order, and rather than sending him an Excel file in the old fashioned way, it would much rather satisfy this client's request by getting these mods (Price-List and Group Pricing Per Item) to work together for the coolest functionality of all!!

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Solution Part 1.

I have been able to figure out that printable Price List uses the ID of the first four Group Discounts as seen under Admin>Customers>Group Discount

Specifically IDs 1, 2, 3, 4.

If you still have ID's 1,2,3,4 (and have not deleted them having first added replacement ID's 5,6,7,8 - like I did, then you are indeed comparatively fortunate) - just edit the names to the reserved names e.g. Group A, Group B etc.

In my installation of Group Discount Per Item, I had added Group A Group B etc with IDs 5, 6, 7, 8 and once these had tested good, deleted the unwanted 'dealer, super dealer, tier1 distributor, tier2 distributor' discounts with ID 1,2,3,4. The result of having IDs 5,6,7,8 was that none of these were recognized by Printable Pricelist as valid IDs. So customers all failed PPList's security to view a price list regardless of the fact that they had a Group name identical to a name entered into Configure>Pricelist Profile 1, 2, or3 supposedly granting permission for a discount group to a specific price list.

Editing the Group Discount IDs directly in a text editor prior to re-uploading resulted in an unmitigated SQL disaster (not to be recommended). So I uploaded an old 'known good' database backup and edited the names next to IDs 1, 2, 3, 4, to the 'reserved names' Group A, Group B , Group C, Group D.

Well, now let's see if it is possible to produce a combined wholesale/retail pricelist (instead of a Incl. Exl pricelist).

Hmmm

Plugin Contributions

Solution Part 2.

Replacement for lines 521 and 522 of header_php.php

includes>modules>pages>pricelist>header_php.php

$products_price_inc = pl_display_price($cats[$cat_index][$prod_index]['products_price'], zen_get_tax_rate($cats[$cat_index][$prod_index]['products_tax_class_id']));
    $products_price_ex = zen_get_products_display_price($cats[$cat_index][$prod_index]['products_id']);

Actually only line 522 is changed.

Now I have a Tax free "Wholesale" price in accordance with the settings of Group Pricing Per Item for the client actually able to look at the Price List. And I have a retail price including sales tax.

I think this is cool, personally. Hope you do too.

Plugin Contributions

Just installed this, the options are showing up ok in admin but the index.php?main_page=pricelist page just throws up a 404.

I'm using 1.3.9e and price list 1.5.0

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Just installed this, the options are showing up ok in admin but the index.php?main_page=pricelist page just throws up a 404.

I'm using 1.3.9e and price list 1.5.0
    Nevermind, I was doing it wrong as usual. Hadn't uploaded the right files.

Plugin Contributions

I may have missed this somewhere...if so please redirect.

I have price list working with default profile 1. It comes up with url: http://www.burnerbooks.com/index.php...page=pricelist.

How do I use the other profiles 2 and 3? I would like to use both lists. What would the url be? I have tried several variations only to get page not found error.

Thanks, Kim

Plugin Contributions

Hi. Has anyone got this to work with attributes please?

Plugin Contributions

I have made a quick and dirty modification to show a list of attributes in this list... file attached (includes/modules/pages/pricelist/header_php.php).

BUT I need to do this as quick as possible and it is only for my customer (website owner) to view and not the public, so it may not be as perfect as it should, and the coding should be updated in line with best practices and this module, but it may help someone get started inserting attributes as they need them.

I hope this can be improved an inserted into this mod because its pointless having a price list without attributes!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I tried the revised header_php file, but I just got a blank page when I tried to view my price list. What did I do wrong?

I want to be able to print the stock list with the identity number from my Database included, anyone know how to do this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Is this mod compatible with the multisite module?

thanks

Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast