Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Printable Price list :: support thread

Quote Originally Posted by sajiepaj View Post
    I tried change the css file, which worked fine but didn't reduce the number of pages, rather just left a space at the bottom of each as big as the header used to be!
    You need to alter the admin settings to take advantage of this empty space.

Is there another tpl_main_page I missed!!
    It seems like you are not using the latest version (uploaded to this thread), but it does not really matter the CSS should do (almost) the same trick, just take a look at the admin settings.

Plugin Contributions

Works a treat - thank you so much! I hadn't noticed the admin setting for that - oops!

Sara
    DIY Favour Boxes
    One Eyed Cat
    I've been Zenned - how come I still have to think?

Plugin Contributions

Somehow something went wrong with the last update, and a part of the modifications were lost Attached 1.23 to this post (which +/- is what 1.22 should have been).

Tested on 1.3.6, no need to modify or replace any core files for installation.
    Last edited by paulm; 27 Mar 2007 at 10:53 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Paul do you have some kind of messenger as i would like to talk to you directly on that in regards to the new release and my add-ons ive done so far. How can i disable the proce list from generating 2 tables on the 1 page?

Plugin Contributions

Hallo Paulm,
    seems to be a rather usefull mod, thanks, unfortunately it doesn`t run on my 1.2.6 Version.
    I allready ried a lot, but getn`t it running. Used the latest install 1.1.1, with teh DB is everything o.k., it appears in admin (profile 1-3) and on my categories box obove right the box(?). Doesn`t matter, where, as I rather liked to get it running.
    If I call "http://www.escrevo.de/shop/index.php?main_page=pricelist"

I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: display_price_nosymbol() in /var/www/web780/html/shop/includes/modules/pages/pricelist/header_php.php on line 573

The txt above I wrote before the gau, but meanwhile everything deteriorated: I have a fatal error on my site and can`t enter any more: "Illegal Access" , and probably nobody else....

Never had this before.

My version is 1.2.6, is this eventually linked with this ...??

I don`t know what to do now.

Do you have any idea, or is this a real hack ?

Thanks for help.

my site is: www.escrevo.de/shop

Walter

Plugin Contributions

@connexhosting:
    I can send you my latest version I have if you like, so you can comapare. I never use msn or anything (for free support) though, this already takes way too much of my time as it is now ;-)

@walter:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: display_price_nosymbol()
    The version you have requires some changes to be made to the currencies class file. The error shows that your currencies.php file does not include these changes (a currencies.php isincluded in the zip).

Actually I think you better try the latest version attached to this thread (1.2.3). I have not tested it on 1.2.x versions but I am quite sure it works without any modification.

I would like to upload that newer version to de Zen downloads section, but I am waiting for at least one positive response that that version works without problems. Not that I expect any problems of course :-)

Illegal Access
    If this is not happening because of something you did yourself recently, and you can't find the cause, I think you better talk to you host about it. It looks like an .htaccess issue or some hosting panel ip-block.

Plugin Contributions

Note about the
    Illegal Access
    message. It is (very likely) related to incompatibilty of the currencies.php file of 1.2.x and 1.3.x versions. And the pricelist version you are using includes a 1.3.x currencies.php file.

Price list 1.2.3 does not require edits to this currencies.php file, or to any file, so better try that version instead!

(also see: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...059#post290059 )

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
    try the latest version attached to this thread (1.2.3)...

I would like to upload that newer version to de Zen downloads section, but I am waiting for at least one positive response that that version works without problems. Not that I expect any problems of course :-)
    Hi Paul,

Just installed your latest v.1.23 mod on a fresh install of zen cart v.1.36.

I couldn't find the link to the pricelist in any of the shop sideboxes or anywhere else (e.g. sitemap) and did not see anywhere in admin to enable it. Then I re-read the readme and noted point 4 in regards to installation ;-)

The 123 archive includes the v.1.20 readme so I assume no changes to the readme were required between 1.20 and 1.23.

I have yet to read this entire thread yet, and it may have already been mentioned on the wishlist. An admin switch to enable a pricelist link in the Info sidebox (and then also display in the sitemap) would be useful. But easy enough to do manually with ez-pages ;-)

My browser title bar meta now shows "Printable Price List:" on EVERY shop page. Is this a signficant bug or I am confused on how to disable this "feature"? ;-)

At the bottom of each pricelist category where the store URL is shown I observe: http://www.mydomain.comDIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG

Not sure why the define is not called correctly. Not having this issue anywhere else.

The ability to add some basic comments at the top and the bottom of the pricelist would be very useful. e.g. This pricelist does not show "quantity discounts" or reflect "better together" discounts, does not include shipping, prices subject to change, list which credit cards accepted, live phone or office support hours, blah, blah, blah.

At the very top of page, rather than show "Zen Cart! Printable Price List", I would like to show "MY STORE Printable Price List".

And I see someone already requested easy method to disable the logo.

I see five currencies options displayed but the shop is currently configured to support only one currency? When I change from USD to EURO the amount indeed changes/ How could this be? Are currency exchange rates auto converted somehow in the backgrund?

Will read through the rest of this thread and maybe the archived thread to see if I can find answers.

And will be testing more soon. Thanks.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the excellent feedback Woody :-)

Some of the issues can be solved by editting the includs/languages/english/pricelist.php file.

My browser title bar meta now shows "Printable Price List:" on EVERY shop page.
    Yeah, cool huh?

But, as a quick fix, you can change:
    define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Printbare prijslijst'); // acc. to pixxi
    to:
    //define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Printbare prijslijst');
    (oops, looks like I am quoting the Dutch file) Then it will not show on the pricelist page either, but I assume thats not a major problem ;-)

Actually I just noticed a version I have called v1.3 on my drive. I have been busy with other stuff and I don't even remeber what the exact differences are, but some of the things you mention are changed/fixed in that version. But for some reason I decided that it was not ready for upload at the time .....

Plugin Contributions

And I see someone already requested easy method to disable the logo.
    It's a configuration file setting in 1.3-pre2 (it switches both the logo and text on each page on/off, maybe separate switches should be added for the logo and text).

I remember one of the reasons why I did not upload it: I added *unfinished* code to show products images and desciptions. And maybe there were more reasons.....

I will attach it to this post since I am very unsure about when I will have time to work on it again. So use at your own risk! (as always, but it's a bit more "risky" this time than usual).

About the documentation: sorry, but don't expect to much on that part. It consumes lots of time for me to write docs, and it certainly is not my favorite way to pass the time ;-)
    Last edited by paulm; 5 Apr 2007 at 10:34 AM.

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast