Plugin Contributions

Default Add a dropdown to the Contact Us form

Hi,
    Can anyone help me out here - I seem to be going round in circles.

I want to add a dropdown box to the Contact Us page. I have been able to add a text field using flakrats excellent tutorial at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47525

but I can't get my head around adding a dropdown and my head is aching after a long night.

I can see that I need to use" zen_draw_pull_down_menu", but I have no idea how to construct the dropdown content and defines.
    Once I understand how to do this on the Contact Us page - I can also apply this to the "Ask A Question" module I have used. This information would be really handy for newbies like me in the future that want to modify the contact us page.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add a dropdown to the Contact Us form

Go to the Tools ... Developer's Tool Kit ...

In the bottom input box type in:

zen_draw_pull_down_menu

Select Catalog/Admin ...

Click search ...

Now don't be overwhelped by what's on the screen ...

What that is doing is showing a bazillion ways that the zen_draw_pull_down_menu can be used ...

Often times, seening a function used in a lot of different ways can help you in learning more about how to use it in your own code ...

Look at each file to see how the paramaters were built that the function uses ...

Take your time ... take it slow ... find something that is closest to what you are trying to accomplish ...

Then when you are brillant, come back and tell us about your experience ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,
    Well at least you made me smile. My problem is I am not brilliant, semi-brilliant, brillish, or even have a hint of brill. In fact I am just a jobbing graphic designer with no PHP experience.
    However - I was just brill enough to have already done exactly what you suggested. And although I was overwhelmed by the returns - I did indeed spend some time trying to figure out how these work ....................and then I went for a walk in the garden, because I just can't get it. I am all brilled out.

Plugin Contributions

to show you just HOW MUCH I don't get it - I have now just tried to plonk this code on the contact us page in some bizarre hope that maybe somehow this test dropdown will add content to my emails.

<div class="inputLabel">How did you hear about us:</div>
    <div style="float:right" class="inputLabel"><select name="source"><option value="">Please select a source</option><option value="3">AOL</option><option value="1">Google</option><option value="4">MSN</option><option value="2">Yahoo!</option><option value=""></option></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />